Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
We had the house broken into, a couple of vehicles stolen. I was robbed at gun point about 1985 in Houston. He said “ Give me yo money or I’m gonna shoot yo ass.” You would never guess what color that fella was. So, have you been robbed?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Does burglarized by an inlaw count?

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've had stuff stolen from my yard and car, not the house or garage.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Someone took my gas cap off my Jeep today.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Had my truck broken into 8 times....couple guns and a spotting scope stolen...

Folks only tried to get in the house once. It didn't work...I was home.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Every April 15th.
Aside from that, only vehicle burglaries.Knock on wood.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Every April 15th.

Same. Every year without fail

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Every April 15th.

Same. Every year without fail

Oh, yeah...forgot about that...I usually call it an ass reaming instead of robbery...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was with Dad when his house got burglarized in Kansas City. We got rid of our good house in the burbs and got a farm. Then Dad wanted to work a few more years and got a house and a few acres on this bluff in this white trash neighborhood. I told him when he bought it that he'd be sorry. Sure enough. I'm pretty sure it was his neighbors.

Had my Trans Am broken into when I was working on the railroad in South Dallas. Cost me a hundred to replace the window. They missed $80 though and didn't get my stereo. My Super Blackhawk was in the trunk.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Nope
Had some idiots phug w the front door.
Proly drunks looking for freinds house on same block.
If theyd have gotten in theyd have died.

The ol ladys job has gotten us all sorts of threats.

So we have to assume those coming in are there to do damage. Its all documented. I aint gonna ask questions either.

Not paranoid. Am watchful.

I mow my yard often while armed. Got retired neighbors that keep an eye on things too. Plus street lights and privacy fences....while not a fortress...... there are easier places to hit and get away from.

Last edited by hookeye; 09/23/19.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Face to face? No.

Had people steal stuff from me on several occasions. But no stick up or mugging. Just lucky I guess or maybe I don't look like an easy mark.
knock on wood.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
House got broken into when I was a kid.

Had a guy do the hand in the pocket thing in Rapid City while I was filling my gas tank. My gun was a few feet away, inside my car and I was standing there thinking "I'd give a dollar to know what you got in your pocket". I told him I didn't have any cash and after a bit he asked for beer or cigarettes. I thought "ah, negotiating; you lose".

What would Porter Rockwell do?
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Not face to face.

Hotel clerk stole our money from the hotel safe once.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sawbuck
Does burglarized by an inlaw count?

Inlaw, outlaw, what's the difference? wink

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Garage broken into....other house
Same place near a little tavern......some drunks wanting to shovel snow for beer money.....came to back door at night.

Good way to get shot.

Only had side fence.....one side, w alley behind. 2nd from corner but people would cut through. Yeah right

Punks in hoodies afraid to use sidewalk..,..my ass.
Look in garage and pick up anything left in yard.

Motion light only dropped the activity 50%

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Las Vegas...the house always wins.

Ironically, I eloped in Las Vegas. Almost 28 years now. Call it even.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Back in the 1970s I had what I thought was a dream job for a kid who was a crazy baseball fan...being a sodey pop vendor at Candlestick Park for SF Giants games. First, it was a tough job, lugging a heavy tray up and down the stairs and dealing with lots of jerks. The worst part, though, was that I didn't know that there was a reason no vendors went out to the bleacher area. I noticed no one was out there and figured it would be a good place to sell lots of stuff fast. I was wrong...back then, they'd let the local kids from the projects into the bleachers for free and as soon as I crossed into the area, which was separated by a gate from the areas you had to pay to get to, I was swarmed and had my pockets emptied. Lost a few hundred bucks and learned a huge lesson.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had a camera taken from my travel pack in a hotel room, I had left the next morning only to discover the camera gone at the next stoppover.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
45 right in my face till I opened the cash register. First real job just out of highschool worked at an old style full service gas station where the cash register was out in the pump islands.

The hole in the barrel looks like the size of a canon when your staring down it in fear your about to be shot.

Cops caught the scum a few hours later passed out in the parking lot of a liquor store after shooting up some junk.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
House burglarized twice. Lost 6 guns and a bunch of other stuff. Both times in Burley, Idaho. A few guns were recovered in the possession of Illegal alien who also had several ounces of meth. And also recovered from some other high class people with long records. I don't think any were ever prosecuted.

Also mugged once in Johannesburg in 1992 and mugged again in Pretoria in 2008.

Bb

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 1minute, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,488 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,437
Posts18,470,834
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.