Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Never robbed. Been tried once. Was working nights at a Hardee’s for extra Christmas money, second full time job. It was just after midnight, me and one other person in the place, I worked counter and drive up, the other guy worked the kitchen. This carload of “disadvantaged youths” (dindus) pulled up to the window after ordering a bunch of food, got a bad vibe right off, they were all jittery and talking loud. It occurred to me that no money was in any of their hands. Odd, since most customers came to the window with either cash in hand or getting it there. Well, I was carrying a Colt Officer’s Model .45, and they made me really uncomfortable, so I had it in my hand when the driver flashed a gun and told me to just give them the food. The entire carload of them started screaming that it was just a toy as soon as my .45 became visible above the window sill, and they sped off. All this happened a lot faster than it took to type it out. Never called the cops or told the coworker, that would have just created problems for me. Hardee’s would have been pissed that I was carrying at work.

I was young. Now, I don’t go places to get robbed, especially at night, and if I did work someplace like that, I would simply throw the food or drinks at them as I was on my way to the floor. Not worth the hassle of the gunfight or the schitstorm that would follow. If they came inside, then all bets are off, but if you can just make them leave without hurting anyone. it’s easier on you. I try not to do dumb schit anymore, figure my guardian angel is probably a tired old man by now, after all the schit I put him through.

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Hanco: After serving my former community for 29 years as a police officer in a "first class" city I can take you directly to your implied contention - YES... there are WAY, WAY, WAY to many thieves and robbers in our society/country!
The 3 strikes and your out laws (incarcerated forever!) should be strictly and fairly applied to thieves and robbers who's crimes amount to felonies - [bleep]'EM!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: No never been "robbed".

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, by my alcoholic brother. Nice, huh?

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
When I was a kid someone stole my BMX bicycle. That’s it.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by hanco
We had the house broken into, a couple of vehicles stolen. I was robbed at gun point about 1985 in Houston. He said “ Give me yo money or I’m gonna shoot yo ass.” You would never guess what color that fella was. So, have you been robbed?

Had a similar experience with the guy's brother. He asked if I knew what this is as he displayed a nickle plated Smith 39, that I was soon to find out had the chamber loaded. Wanting a closer look I took it away from him after some "discussion". He was surprised I liked it so well and gave it to me, but later I thought the cops would also appreciate it and gave it to them. Believe that's what started my hearing to fail. I hope he has the same feature.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Three strikes is two too many- - - - -sort of like there's no second-offense punishment for drug crimes in Singapore- - - - -they hang 'em the first time! Robbers who assume room temperature during their first try don't pose any threat to their next potential victim.
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
We had a Stihl weed eater stolen out of the shed. Wife still thinks I hauled it off & threw it off a bridge.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Not robbed but had a couple of vehicles broken into. Didn't lose anything major. The first one, a cop actually saw the kid in my car trying to steal my stereo.

At our former house, I had kids breaking into the garage and stealing beer out of the fridge. Not a big deal. Then one of them got stupid and stole all my tools and fishing tackle. I spent the rest of the summer proving that little scum bag did it.Town cops were no help. They'd rather sit on the 4 lane hi-way that runs through town and write people tickets for going 47 in a 45 zone.

His parents believed he could do no wrong and "he was such a good, caring boy." They were POS's too. Had to get a county detective involved. I got most of my stuff back except my box of Rapala's.

That slimy punk OD'd a couple of years ago.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rooster7
At our former house, I had kids breaking into the garage and stealing beer out of the fridge.

Same thing happened to my dad's beer fridge when I was a kid. mad

Dad borrowed a capper from a guy who brewed his own beer, and then I helped him fill some Molson Canadian beer bottles with piss. whistle

We capped them, then put them in the fridge. sick laugh

I remember my dad saying we couldn't use Carling Black Label beer bottles because the thief would never realize that we'd tampered with the contents and would just keep coming back for more. whistle grin

This was about 45-48 years ago, and dad still has the same opinion about Carling Black Label.

Still has the same wicked sense of humor too - just have to mention Justin Trudeau to get him started about the limp-wristed substitute drama teacher. mad smile

John

Last edited by jpb; 09/24/19.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
This thread reminds me of this Nancy Sinatra/Lee Hazelwood song, "Summer Wine."

"When I woke up the sun was shining in my eyes
The room was empty, and my head felt twice its size
She took my silver spurs, a dollar and a dime
And left me praying for, more summer wine..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiISrw2GTXE

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never robbed

Had my pickup broken into at a Nashville motel, on
the last night of our honeymoon.
Stole a pile of crap we had bought there and in Myrtle Beach.
And my small tool box, with Craftsman and Klien tools.

The one that pisses me off is a 1/2" stainless steel ratchet.
Expensive bigger Craftsman made for awhile, I really liked it, and
You never see any for sale.

Sure glad I don't live where a bunch of you do.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Knew of an a/c mechanic, lived in the barracks, had a really nice Chevelle. His stereo got stolen out of it. So, he replaced it and the same thing happened. This time, he soldered some treble hooks on the back of it, soldered a piece of cable to it that he bolted way up under the dash, then installed the stereo He also put in a silent alarm.

His silent alarm went off one night, went out in the parking lot, some dude on his knees in in the drivers door, howling like a stuck cat. He kicked him a few times, called the MP's. He had to crawl up under the dash and unbolt the cable.

They cuffed the guy, took him to the ER and had the stereo cut out of his hand, and booked him. I heard the guy went to Leavenworth but dont know for sure. There was a rash of stereo's being stolen out of cars in that parking lot, it seemed to have ended that night.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Attempted robbery in 91. I was just back from Desert Storm and had been camping and fishing some desert lakes in eastern WA. Stopped at Elk Heights rest stop about 1130 at night and three latinos with a knife asked to talk to me. The 1911 dissuaded them. The WA troopers took them away. No muss no fuss.

Burgled? Yes, our camp in WV about 5 years ago. Just stuff except the fishing rod my grandfather built for me for my 13th birthday.

I still want them dead. I want their families dead and I want all their friends that knew they were thieves dead. Serious. We'd have a lot less robberies if we terminated these useless POS's in place and terminated some gene pools

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Over the course of a winter somebody got 6000 gallons of diesel fuel from my farm. It was about 3.00 per gallon then. Ed k

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Couple of break ins, guns only stolen on one, little bit of cash on the second. Have been confronted several times and they became remarkably courteous within seconds. One was in such a hurry he drove his sedan into a phone pole.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
babysitter stole some jewelry once

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
bought a lb of bacon

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
bought a beer at the ball park

hanco Offline OP
Campfire Savant
OP Offline
Campfire Savant
Sounds like a lot of us have been ripped off one way or another!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm surprised our camp in Pennsylvania's never been broken into. We don't leave anything in there that's much worth stealing though. If nothing else, you'd think in the 65 years our family's had that hunting shack, the bears would have raided us once. We used to put bear boards up when we pulled out, but we haven't done that in decades.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (22250rem, 1936M71, 10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 52 invisible), 1,788 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,104
Posts18,522,429
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.