-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was robbed by evil #2 wife. I have forgiven her in the biblical sense. Conniving bitch

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I was 23, Moved from Ketchum Idaho to Las Vegas. Decided I want to live in the big city. First month there, black fellow comes up and asks for a cigarette. Sure, says I and look down to reach into my pocket to give him one. He grabbed me by the throat and demanded my wallet.

After a second of shock (truly a dummass and unaware these things might happen) I took a look at him and decided fugg this and we started fighting. At some point he had me pushed against a wall with his head down. I was dropping bombs all over the sides and back of his head. He pulled out a knife and cut a whole in my pants. Didn't touch flesh, not sure how that happened. Anyway, my wallet fell out onto the ground and he grabbed it and started to leave.

Having no credit cards, and my cash being in my back pocket I followed him, pulled out my cash and started taunting him, asking if he wanted to come back and try again. He stopped about 20 yards away, looked at me for a split second considering it, dropped my wallet and ran off.

He took a lot of abuse to come up empty. Lucky dummass from Idaho learned a lot about the big city and life on that day...

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nope local rumor has it that I am locked and loaded and not afraid to shoot. Hopefully that will keep me safe and free from a home invasion. I am not worried about a car hijacking or mugging because I am sure I will have enough protection to thwart that. Always prepared and make an effort to stay away from sketchy places.

living the good life every day
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Had our place burglarized last Dec. We got home 30 minutes after he left. He only went into an outbuilding.

He didn't get much, 3 cans of gasoline and the front half of a pole saw. He also got my undivided attention.

Cameras are your friend. We had good video. He was identified and arrested pretty quickly.

Would be a better world if we didn't have to worry about thieves.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I am in the North Carolina mountains. This is great ginseng growing territory.
So I had planted quite a crop of ginseng. And one day, I saw an old beat up pickup parked at the bottom of the mountain, I knew it was ginseng thieves. I got the tag and called 911.
Then, I went back down there, and in 15 minutes I caught the two ginseng pirates, coming out of the woods. They had just started pulling my ginseng out of their pockets, when the Law arrived. They got about $1,600 worth of ginseng from the two hillbillies, and they cuffed 'em up.

And I told the cops "Good job now I need to get my ginseng back."
And the cops told me they had to keep the ginseng for evidence. And I never got my ginseng back.

I was robbed by hillbillies, and I was robbed by the Law.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Only once, on the beach at night, Lomé Togo, West Africa. Maybe 1982.

Lomé was a tourist resort, tourist would go down on the beach at night to smoke weed which was illegal, I weren’t a toker but I was there. Me and a friend were held up a knifepoint by a probably off-duty soldier in fatigues. I don’t recall this being a catastrophic event so I was prob’ly only carrying a small amount of cash. More to the point, Togo st that time was under the control of a strongman; Gnassibe Eyedema. I always figured that soldier was running a real risk messing even marginally with Eyedema’s income stream.

In my village I left my running shoes on my front porch and they were taken. An eldery African friend of some influence put it out that he was going to a notorious witchcraft village to curse the thief. Shoes came back the same day.

No such luck with my bucket a year or two later, my whole monthly salary in Ghanaian Cedis wouldnt but me another. Over there you need your bucket for practically everything.

Knock on wood no thefts where I live over the 20 years ive been here, minimal security, often leave car doors unlocked,,and I live in a sorta ‘Hood.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Ask another way, have I ever filled 6 five gallon buckets with chum made from would be robbers? no, not yet, and hopefully never. smile

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by blindshooter
I was robbed by evil #2 wife. I have forgiven her in the biblical sense. Conniving bitch

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part crazy

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I knew a fellow who was getting hit by some local thieves on a fairly regular basis. He knew who they were, but could get no proof, and this was back in the day before security cameras were available. So, one day at the local country store,when the suspected thieves were in there, and he asked the owner if he had any electrical wire for sale. The owner said no, and asked him what he was wiring up. The guy said he was tired of people stealing from him, so he was going to put some hot wires around hoping that would stop the thieves. One of the suspected thieves spoke up and said "you're going to kill somebody if you do that." The man said........not unless they're stealing from me.

He said that stopped the thefts completely.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Robbed? yes as a 12 yr old riding a bike where I should not have...cost me a quarter...all I had in those days.
burgled? yes...house broken into while on vacation....lost lots of family items..old family silver..jewelry...done by next door neighbor...cops caught him but magistrate turned him loose with out bond and he disappeared. But I got some revenge a year later...guy knocked on door one day and introduced himself...said his grandmother had lived next door when he was kid and his niece lived there now...asked about neighborhood...now this guy was a retired Air Force Chaplin who was kind of naive...asked him in and we talked about his niece and her boyfriend the thief. Seems no one in the family knew where they were or why they had skipped town...when he left he was quite embarrassed about his niece and boyfriend.
Last two trucks broken into and pistols stolen. Got one back but still missing the last one. Last one was in my back yard at garage with my Lab asleep 10 feet away. Still don't know how they got in truck...I KNOW it was locked but no damage......finally learned not to leave firearms in outside truck at night..

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
My oldest son for way too many years. His mother has to take care of him now. Only right since she made him what he is.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I weren't paranoid enough already, I am now after reading here. Dad was a do gooder and helped some "reformed" convicts by giving them a few bucks to help move stuff. Trouble was we used my truck and a real coincidence occurred a week later when I lost my stereo. Lost a battery out of the truck another time. Most exciting was a home invasion six years ago yesterday. I got 15 stitches and a scar out of that deal, but the guy they caught got 5 years in prison with 10 years probation. Judge told the guy that he was lucky because I was in the process of getting my handgun. I bought that police dog a bag of dog briskets for tracking that guy down.

I did have a 21 year old step son living with us and after drugs and booze got hold of him he would take anything that wasn't nailed down. I had to shower with my wallet and lock up everything. Damn kid blighted my first shotgun by sticking it in his mouth and pulling the trigger. Both are gone now, but of the two, I don't miss the kid.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
I've had some stuff stolen......my Stihl FS-250 brushcutter/weedeater probably the most recent as well as valuable thing. I've never been mugged like Nemo.....that is a whole higher level of offense IMO.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The only ones to ever successfully steal from me were all family.

Did have 3 black guys try to rob me one night at a convenience store. They came up to my window while I was preoccupied with the radio. One of them yanked the door open, while another went to reach in to pull me out, but I met him with the Smith and Wesson 357 Magnum that I had under my leg. I swear that I will remember to my dying day the look on his face when I cocked the hammer back with the gun right in his face. His eyes about popped out of his head, he screamed "Oh [bleep], the cracker got a gun!", and all 3 took off like I was trying to make them go to work. I guess I should have shot them, but I was laughing so hard that I doubt I could have hit them if I had tried.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
🤦🏼‍♂️ Ok pretty dumb but it’s all I’ve got. Me and roommate pick up 2 chicks at a bar, skinny hard rode one first approached me, she had a plumper but prettier wing girl.

When we got them home under better lighting, oh sheesh did I need to make the switch. My buddy didn’t care he’d screw a knothole.

So the switch happened. When I awoke in the morning and began to get my bearings, I noticed a pair of my pants were gone and some other really trivial stuff.

I was early 20’s fellas and groggy, not zen like I am now days.

So I made blondie take me where skinny was.

Trailer park ? What’re the odds 🤷🏻‍♂️

So in I go and her and some other dude are tokin it up. Tell her it’s not fing funny I want my chit. Ok, ok she says let me go get it, so she slips off into the bedroom. Spidey sense tingling, I went and positioned myself right offside the bedroom door. Friend or whatever decides to get up, but one peek at the security six and he decided he’s comfortable where he’s at.

Sure enough, here comes a shotgun barrel leading out the door 🙄

So I grab it wrench it hard out of her hands and tell her I want my stuff.

This time I got it and left and took blondie to her home. Maybe should have taken the shotgun, but I didn’t want anymore trouble, legal or otherwise.

What a blessed life that’s the only time I’ve been robbed. Think racking a slide may have prevented a potential robbery or two, but I’ll guess we’ll never know as the parties that heard it decided there were better places to be.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Never robbed but stolen from way too much. Truck broken into twice at trailheads and some nice gear stolen, home burglary once. We have owned 2 vacation homes that were broken into repeatedly, got rid of those. Had a 4Runner stolen from my driveway. I hate thieves.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Only face to face robbery attempt was back as a kid of around 11 - 12 years old, in Chicago in Lincoln Park, a group of Black kids tried to take my bicycle away from me. When I resisted they gave up and left me alone. All verbal, nothing physical happened.

The only successful thievery I can recall happened here locally years ago at a little Christmas get-together at a family friend's house. We left the presents brought for exchange later in our car parked on the street right outside their house. When time came to exchange I went out to get them and every last present was gone. The car wasn't broken into or damaged in any way so either I or wife or maybe both of us must have left our door unlocked (2 dr vehicle).

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I was with Dad when his house got burglarized in Kansas City. We got rid of our good house in the burbs and got a farm. Then Dad wanted to work a few more years and got a house and a few acres on this bluff in this white trash neighborhood. I told him when he bought it that he'd be sorry. Sure enough. I'm pretty sure it was his neighbors.

Had my Trans Am broken into when I was working on the railroad in South Dallas. Cost me a hundred to replace the window. They missed $80 though and didn't get my stereo. My Super Blackhawk was in the trunk.

You have to watch out for those Irish gangs in South Dallas.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
🤦🏼‍♂️ Ok pretty dumb but it’s all I’ve got. Me and roommate pick up 2 chicks at a bar, skinny hard rode one first approached me, she had a plumper but prettier wing girl.

When we got them home under better lighting, oh sheesh did I need to make the switch. My buddy didn’t care he’d screw a knothole.

So the switch happened. When I awoke in the morning and began to get my bearings, I noticed a pair of my pants were gone and some other really trivial stuff.

I was early 20’s fellas and groggy, not zen like I am now days.

So I made blondie take me where skinny was.

Trailer park ? What’re the odds 🤷🏻‍♂️

So in I go and her and some other dude are tokin it up. Tell her it’s not fing funny I want my chit. Ok, ok she says let me go get it, so she slips off into the bedroom. Spidey sense tingling, I went and positioned myself right offside the bedroom door. Friend or whatever decides to get up, but one peek at the security six and he decided he’s comfortable where he’s at.

Sure enough, here comes a shotgun barrel leading out the door 🙄

So I grab it wrench it hard out of her hands and tell her I want my stuff.

This time I got it and left and took blondie to her home. Maybe should have taken the shotgun, but I didn’t want anymore trouble, legal or otherwise.

What a blessed life that’s the only time I’ve been robbed. Think racking a slide may have prevented a potential robbery or two, but I’ll guess we’ll never know as the parties that heard it decided there were better places to be.

Guy I used to work with had something similar happen to him except he was still married at the time.

Picked up what he believed was a"easy" woman in a bar one night after he got off work, drove a good ways out on a country road, she turned the tables on him and pulled a knife out and robbed him, took all his clothes and truck, leaving him with just his underwear and t-shirt and walking in the dark down a old country road.

Yes, he had a WHOLE lot of explaining and lying to do.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I got robbed of everything I owned, but her lawyer called it a "Divorce". Karma's a beeyotch- - - - -I heard she died a penniless drunk!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

496 members (10gaugeman, 22kHornet, 12344mag, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 50 invisible), 1,714 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,099
Posts18,522,287
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.