-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Even in my immediate area I know of subdivisionistas that are growing a 1/3 to 1/4 acre manicured patch.

If too many people start growing, then there'll be no value in it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As if the prescription drugs didn't make Hillbillies lazy enough! frown

Politics is War by Other Means
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by The_Big_D
There is some money in hemp, but Im afraid people are going to be disappointed this fall in the prices their crops bring. A lot of people hoping for 50k/acre are going to be very disappointed. There is A LOT more cbd hemp planted this year than last. Id guess processing might be a bottleneck this year. Even if it tests hot, chances of getting high from it are about nill. Govt set THC limits extremely low. Most good thc weed tests 20% or higher and hemp must be below .3%. I doubt anyone would want it for recreational use even if it got up to 5% thc... I know a guy that is growing 100 acres of cbd hemp this year. Will be interesting to see how he does.

Correct. One of my niece's husbands family has been growing it ever since it was first started here, about 10 years ago. They have had problems getting their money for what they've sold. When the buyer has the cash, they make some big bucks, and when the buyer doesn't have, they are stuck with it. But, apparently the opportunities are there, so they keep growing more and more.

There is a lot of hemp in my part of the world. I've seen one farm with 300 tillable acres planted entirely in hemp, and every Mennonite has grown at least 5 acres. I asked them about their market, and they say they are raising it 3 different ways.........one will cut and dried in barns like tobacco, one will be cut and dried in the field, then hauled off to market to be ground up and turned into oil I'm guessing, and the third way is for hemp that is to be turned into cigarettes.

I've also heard the $50,000 an acre figure being tossed out. I have been told it takes $20,000 an acre to put the crop out, and it cannot be sprayed with at least 90% or more of the most used chemicals that farmers use. It's supposed to be an organic crop for the most part, at least what is grown here is. However, I've been told that the Mennonites are going out at night and spraying some chemicals that are banned. One of them more or less admitted such to me, saying that the chemical residue would be long gone before the hemp was sold.

Also, banks will not loan farmers money to grow hemp, nor will crop insurance cover it. But, there sure are a lot of folks growing the stuff who I doubt have all the money to finance it. They got the money from somewhere.

Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by The_Big_D
There is some money in hemp, but Im afraid people are going to be disappointed this fall in the prices their crops bring. A lot of people hoping for 50k/acre are going to be very disappointed. There is A LOT more cbd hemp planted this year than last. Id guess processing might be a bottleneck this year. Even if it tests hot, chances of getting high from it are about nill. Govt set THC limits extremely low. Most good thc weed tests 20% or higher and hemp must be below .3%. I doubt anyone would want it for recreational use even if it got up to 5% thc... I know a guy that is growing 100 acres of cbd hemp this year. Will be interesting to see how he does.

Correct. One of my niece's husbands family has been growing it ever since it was first started here, about 10 years ago. They have had problems getting their money for what they've sold. When the buyer has the cash, they make some big bucks, and when the buyer doesn't have, they are stuck with it. But, apparently the opportunities are there, so they keep growing more and more.

There is a lot of hemp in my part of the world. I've seen one farm with 300 tillable acres planted entirely in hemp, and every Mennonite has grown at least 5 acres. I asked them about their market, and they say they are raising it 3 different ways.........one will cut and dried in barns like tobacco, one will be cut and dried in the field, then hauled off to market to be ground up and turned into oil I'm guessing, and the third way is for hemp that is to be turned into cigarettes.

I've also heard the $50,000 an acre figure being tossed out. I have been told it takes $20,000 an acre to put the crop out, and it cannot be sprayed with at least 90% or more of the most used chemicals that farmers use. It's supposed to be an organic crop for the most part, at least what is grown here is. However, I've been told that the Mennonites are going out at night and spraying some chemicals that are banned. One of them more or less admitted such to me, saying that the chemical residue would be long gone before the hemp was sold.

Also, banks will not loan farmers money to grow hemp, nor will crop insurance cover it. But, there sure are a lot of folks growing the stuff who I doubt have all the money to finance it. They got the money from somewhere.

It is insurable starting in 2020 per RMA. After inputs, current average yields and market prices, per acre profit is essentially neck and neck with corn... if market prices stay the same but commercial implements become readily available for large scale operations margins swing in favor of hemp.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
According to the local birdcage liner we've got 50K acres of it in the state. There's at least two fields of it that I'm aware of close to the house. One has a sign saying the crop is low THC and is for CBD. All female plants with big buds.

Carpe' Scrotum
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Thats too bad. RMA has ruined the ag industry.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Even in my immediate area I know of subdivisionistas that are growing a 1/3 to 1/4 acre manicured patch.

If too many people start growing, then there'll be no value in it.

It's farming. Or trucking.

If something is making good money, and you aren't in on the beginning,
You will get bit by the bust.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I'd like to know the name ofsmall traded pharmaceutical companies which are going to be successful in producing good medical discoveries from hemp plants.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/29/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steve
According to the local birdcage liner we've got 50K acres of it in the state. There's at least two fields of it that I'm aware of close to the house. One has a sign saying the crop is low THC and is for CBD. All female plants with big buds.

According to the state liquor control board, who regulates the growth and licenses it, Oregon has enough dope within the state, that every man woman and child in the state could stay stoned 24/7....for the next 6 years....

Down this way, Josephine and Jackson county still lead the rest of the counties in the state by a wide margin, of the number of illegal grows all over the place....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seafire

According to the state liquor control board, who regulates the growth and licenses it, Oregon has enough dope within the state, that every man woman and child in the state could stay stoned 24/7....for the next 6 years....

Down this way, Josephine and Jackson county still lead the rest of the counties in the state by a wide margin, of the number of illegal grows all over the place....

Hey John, you see any hemp grows around our parts? For the life of me I can't remember seeing any dope or hemp anywhere. Must be someones imagination, there's none of that around here.....

LOL
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
From the WW 2 days when it was grown to make rope for the military, and transported by trains across the country....
back in the 70s in my travels coast to coast being in the military, they use to have to burn off large sections of the railroad, in the spring due to the seeds from those that feel thru the cracks in the box cars, were still growing each spring...

came across a big burn in 1977, when I was heading to my assignment at Ft Lewis out in Washington... was driving from New England to WA state.. from No Dakota, I crossed into Canada and took TC1 across Manitoba, Saskatchewan and most of Alberta... their was a large area in Sask, that they were blocking the highway, while they burned off the rail lines for a long stretch......the wind shifted and the smoke blew towards the traffic stopped....we were all getting pretty high with the smoke blowing our way....

Saw an old rest area on US 2 in Montana, that it had grown all over it....the State had all but the side walks blocked off, with that Orange Police Tape...Do Not Cross line...with the rest area still open....and Old VW bus with CA plates pulled up and parked next to my old Volvo Wagon, they got out and stretched, as I was getting in my car to leave... they said hi, and I pointed to the dope, with "Check this out".... their eyes flew open wide...as I was leaving the rest area, they were out there with garbage bags, shoving it into them as fast as they could... all 4 of them from out of the bus....an old railway line was just to the north side of the rest area...so i am sure that is where it came from....

not being a doper, I have no clue if it was smokeable or not....I just thought it was funny, with the hippies out of the bus, gathering it up like they were... kinda like out of a Cheech and Chong movie...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I haven't seen one stinking field of it in these parts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sure does eat like corn or wheat.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
buddy just invested in a legal dispensary in vegas, i'll probably ended up doing some flooring work for them there.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
My great Grampa grew hemp for the war effort and I have pictures of him standing next to the field of it, I would have to say it was at least 12 feet high minimum with some of it reaching 15 feet high. It used to be grown all along the Trinity River from west of Fort Worth to past east of Dallas. This was also a very tall plant. You can still to this day find patches of it.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Seafire

Hey John, you see any hemp grows around our parts? For the life of me I can't remember seeing any dope or hemp anywhere. Must be someones imagination, there's none of that around here.....

Like I said I know of at least two fields of it near me. Don't know about the 50K number, just that The Oregonian reported it.

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/201...-seller-for-44-million-lawsuit-says.html

Would you like me to take a photo of one of the fields?

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is an article in today's Billings Gazette about the Hemp raisers in Montana. Nice looking crops, but when 27 people were asked if they made a profit, none raised their hands.
I guess the Govt. keps a real close eye on the producers and how much or what percentage the THC is. One fertilizer salesman told one of the producers, he could sell them fertilizer that would bump up the THC to make it better! ??

I didn't read the whole article though!

Ken

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
There is so much BS involved Ken....its pathetic.

There were producers up here who seeded three times.

None of it came up. Paid for the seed each time.

They will raise it again next year probably........or go broke trying!

Fertilizer and seed costs are extravagant...especially on dry land like up here.

Then you set on the crop because the fly by night bastards move on.

Supply has far outpaced demand, even at this early stage.

I am MAGA.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Maybe add it to gasoline.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by poboy
Maybe add it to gasoline.

No...it would only give your car the munchies and you would end up consuming more gas than ever before.

I am MAGA.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugeman, 1936M71, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,623 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,857
Posts18,497,077
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.