Print Thread
Hop To
#14157574 09/27/19
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I bought a Konus scope off camera Land a couple of Months ago! Doug asked if I do a Review of it, well Id like to but it wont work! These are on sale there now, id NOT buy one! 1st when I got the scope the battery in it was dead, so I went and bought another one , no big deal. Been to the range 3 times, tried 2 diffrent mounts on the AR, bore sighted it 3 times, not on paper at 25yrds! than get on paper 10 inchs high, got it down to 7 inchs and the turret just spins! scope sent to me broken, Yes its a Cheap scope but Camera land had a nice write up on it! so I fig. id try it! called them yesterday afternoon, Talked with Scott, he said he would talk to Neil, call me back in 10 mins, 1 1/2 later they were closed, call again this morning talked to Scott again, he said it got Crazy there was sorry about not getting back with me, said hed give me a # to call the company, I said you have the scope in stock cant I send it back to you and you send me another one??? as it never worked in the 1st Place! said he would call the Company and get back with me, well he did a few mins later, said its getting Crazy again, call Konus and they would deal with me! Im Glad that Camera land is so busy that they cant help a guy from the Campfire out! But Really! I did tell a buddy to call them as he needed a red dot scope, I said they had a Great deal on the Meopa red dots, he deal with Neil, he even helped my buddy with the mount for it, worked good an a Black bear last week, wish I would have bought one of those instead of the Konus! guess my rant is over, next time ill just by a used scope off the Fire here!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am very sorry for the way that Scottie handled this. I am in the store. I just tried calling you and got your voicemail. Please give me a call, 516-217-1000, so we can get this straightened out. I will see to it that a new scope is sent out to you ASAP and a pick up tag is sent to send the defective scope back to us, even though this scope was purchased over 4 months ago.
Again, I apologize for the way in which this was handled.
Doug

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
No side taking intended, but at 4 months it's clearly an issue to take up with the manufacturer.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
I am very sorry for the way that Scottie handled this. I am in the store. I just tried calling you and got your voicemail. Please give me a call, 516-217-1000, so we can get this straightened out. I will see to it that a new scope is sent out to you ASAP and a pick up tag is sent to send the defective scope back to us, even though this scope was purchased over 4 months ago.
Again, I apologize for the way in which this was handled.
Doug

Now THAT is customer service.

Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
CameralandNY is the best

IC B2

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Doug is a stand up guy - one of the very best in the business. I have done biz with Cameraland in the past and will do so again.

Roger

NRA Life

CRPA Life
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Yes that is customer service at its best.

I will be purchasing any new scopes that I need from Camera Land!

HeavyBarrel

" A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
G. Washington
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
To All Doug and I have talked and got this worked out! I didnt even mount the Scope till about a month ago, guess I should have , but have been busy this summer, I have only shot 18 rounds thru the AR that it was mounted on! So Thanks for getting with me Doug, and Hope for a Great post on the new scope! I did say that they took care of my Buddy with his meopa Red Dot and Mount! Best John

Last edited by saddlering; 09/27/19.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
You ain't the only one. My issue was a cheap scope did not come as described. White box. Missing stuff. They acted like it wasn't worth the time to make it right. I've been tempted over the years by some crazy good looking deals but that put me off.

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Doug sent me a new scope got it yesterday, seems good, I just mailed the broke one back to Konus, they sent me a shipping Lapel too! All Good!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've had several interractions with Doug and have found him to provide great customer service. I've bought one cheap scope off him (one of those Brunton 3-9's he had for like $30.00.) If memory serves me right, he told me they bought out the inventory of these scopes and as part of the deal had to repackage them in plain unmarked boxes. I definitely plan on using Doug's services again for future purchases. Sorry you had a bad experience Saddlering. It looks like Doug stepped in and took care of it, as I'd have expected he would.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1minute, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 117LBS, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,402 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,162
Posts18,503,013
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.