Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I liked the old Lee and still use it, but I got tired of miss placing the shell holder and bought a RCBS universal model which has worked just fine. If I were to get another it would be the 21st century model with the Lee tray. I like the greater feel of a hand tool compared to a bench mounted one and the tubes are fiddllesome and don't let you know if you have a reversed primer until it is seated. Others love them and they may be more uniform than a hand tool.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Broke another old Lee , bought the Frankfort arsenal setup . Super pleased !

Rabid Creedmoorians ring my doorbell ...
as I open it a crack they speak :
"Do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savior , 6.5Creed?"
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I've had both versions of the RCBS hand primer in the past and more recently the Hornady. The Honrnady sometimes allows primers to flip or turn on their side going from the tray into the tool which has been frustrating. I bought the Lyman hand primer the other day and it doesn't have enough stroke to fully seat primers. If I can find a way to modify the Lyman, I think I'd be satisfied.

Last edited by JGray; 10/02/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought repair parts for my old Lee priming tools (2) several years ago. I hope to make them last as long as I do.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Wrongside
I haven't owned it long, but I'm happy with the Frankford Arsenal priming tool so far. It replaced a couple of worn out LEEs. The FA offers much better leverage. Closing in on 1000 rounds and no problems so far. Seems to be well built, it's heavy.

I'll get back to you in 10 years to confirm though... wink

I laid eyes on one in Sportsman's Warehouse. It looked pretty robust. I don't need and don't think I want adjustable primer seating depth. Does that one have it? What shell holders does it use?

Yes, it does have the adjustable depth. I just set mine to bottom out in the primer pockets.

Mine came with a bunch of shell holders. They look identical to the LEE shell holders, but I haven't tried them for fit yet.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by kingston
I use a 21st Century that uses the Folding Lee priming trays.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That is an interesting option for sure.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It looks like they stopped making them, I don’t know why.

http://www.xxicsi.com/auto-feed-ss-priming-tool-for-the-lee--new-auto-prime-tray.html

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I haven't owned it long, but I'm happy with the Frankford Arsenal priming tool so far. It replaced a couple of worn out LEEs. The FA offers much better leverage. Closing in on 1000 rounds and no problems so far. Seems to be well built, it's heavy.

Great tool, all I need.

MM

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
Why would you not want adjustable seating depth?

I have always seated 'em up snug and been happy enough with my results. It may be beneficial to qualify my reloading experience and objectives. I am a casual reloader. I bought a Lee Anniversary kit many years ago and have been very happy with it. I have added a few little odds and ends along the way. Almost all of my dies are Lee. I read the Lee manual when I bought the kit. I have revisited it a time or two. I have also read tidbits here and there. I get the basics, but when I read some of the more technical aspects it goes over my head. I have always learned best in a master/apprentice environment. I suck at self-learning. I have never had access to a master to teach me the finer points of handloading. So for that reason I keep things as simple as possible. I started reloading because 257 Roberts ammo was hard to come by. Impossible with Partitions. I have added a few more oddball calibers along the way. I don't shoot competitively and am content with good accuracy. I don't need bench rest accuracy, though I certainly appreciate it.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I laid eyes on one in Sportsman's Warehouse. It looked pretty robust. I don't need and don't think I want adjustable primer seating depth. Does that one have it? What shell holders does it use?

Yes, it does have the adjustable depth. I just set mine to bottom out in the primer pockets.

Mine came with a bunch of shell holders. They look identical to the LEE shell holders, but I haven't tried them for fit yet.

I think Frankford is going to get the nod. Thanks for the info.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I think Frankford is going to get the nod. Thanks for the info.

You bet. Hope it works well for you.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I just ordered the FA unit as well and will be returning the Lyman...

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I have several RCBS hand held.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have only ever used the RCBS hand held. There may be better ones, but it works fine for me.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Slope77
I have only ever used the RCBS hand held. There may be better ones, but it works fine for me.

I’ve used all kinds, the RCBS hand held are very good in my opinion. I shucked the rest of them.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

362 members (160user, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 31 invisible), 1,821 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,753
Posts18,495,386
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.