OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by Trystan
Originally Posted by Rossimp
Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
And yet physics remains on my side while you blather on laugh

Above is LB's go-to statement for all his posts. You know what I say, SD is mid-evil pumpkin heaving crap, hows that. SD has no bearing in bullet performance, it is only a characteristic of measurement, like 1-foot=12-inches, that's it. It has no definitive application to anything with regard to physics/ballistics. Physics would be the material engineering of the components in testing and assessing the toughness of a material or in this case the bullet for the maximum amount of stress it can take before fracturing. The durability of a bullet goes to its elasticity and plastcity within a design range, this in turn reveals design strength and toughness at a given impact velocity and its expansion characteristics. Obviously firms like Hornady (their ELD) and others do painstaking research to develop projectiles that combine a given weight retention, expansion, and penetration at numerous tested impact velocities. I can assure you they never think about SD when they are developing these projectiles. They are basing their research on only materials engineering and how these materials interact under extreme stress through mediums. The physics involved would be combining these variables and refining them to a gnats ass. SD is only a number rendered by a bullets dimensions, hence its weight and diameter. These days with advanced technologies and the use of fusing advanced materials, SD is meaningless when it comes to penetration. For shooting solids it doesn't much matter whether pushing a .308, 147gr FMJ or .416, 400gr FMJ both will penetrate like all get-out, thus proving its about the materials not projectiles SD.

Not saying I agree with Llama Bob but I'm curious which bullet manufacturer personnel you spoke with to get this information? The reason I ask is because when I made a phone call to hornady and visited with Steve he told me that there higher sectional density offerings works better for penetration both in the field and in medium.

Trystain,

"There" is a direction. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Baby Man is looking there,because there are Bears there. Now there. Hint.

Here is there. Only (1) in this frame and it's over there. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Bless your heart for doing your best and being so prudent on the phone lines. LAUGHING!

You poor poor(literally) Retarded STUPID fhuqk.

Hint.

Laughing!.....................

Thanks Stick....thats a complement coming from you! Heres a little secret....Bears smell fear! If you is afraid you might get ait but if you isn't they don't mess with you. Don't need a sectional density bullet to dispatch a bear as the brainpan is an easy shot. Nice to see you breaking in the toddler correctly as there are far to many grandma's basement video game playin pussieees running round

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Let's throw some gasoline on this little "fire". There is a parallel thread over on "Ask the Gunwriters", started with the op's query regarding meplats on cast bullets. Then MemT posted Rathcoombe's tests...unfortunately, there is a lot of text with very few cartoons, music video and color pictures. Thusly, it may not be of much value in making choices of caliber or projectiles.
Yes, I have been informed, sarcasm does not play well on the fire.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trystain,

Baby Man is but 10 months old and saw more Bears in the flesh yesterday(21),than you have in the ENTIRETY of your "life". Hint. Congratulations?!?

I prolly should upload some videos,if only to further corroborate what a Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqk you are. Not that you don't do a MAGNIFICENT job of same,obliviously. Hint.

I enjoy you doing your best,and in a nutshell...folks who "know" and "do" as "much" as you,should be asking questions,rather than giving "answers". But PLEASE "tell" me more and stay the course. Hint. LAUGHING!

Do tell about "all" of your Bruin "brainpan" "experience" and the different recipes you've "used" upon same. I mean besides fhuqking ZERO. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying and lying,but what other "moves" do you "have"?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Trystan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Trystain,

Baby Man is but 10 months old and saw more Bears in the flesh yesterday(21),than you have in the ENTIRETY of your "life". Hint. Congratulations?!?

I prolly should upload some videos,if only to further corroborate what a Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqk you are. Not that you don't do a MAGNIFICENT job of same,obliviously. Hint.

I enjoy you doing your best,and in a nutshell...folks who "know" and "do" as "much" as you,should be asking questions,rather than giving "answers". But PLEASE "tell" me more and stay the course. Hint. LAUGHING!

Do tell about "all" of your Bruin "brainpan" "experience" and the different recipes you've "used" upon same. I mean besides fhuqking ZERO. Hint.

Hint.

Not being able to keep up with you is a complement...hint Have you yet to figure out that a tikker action will NOT freeze up in a sleetstorm whereas your beloved Fieldcraft will. I did notice you bought a 223 tikker twisted 8????? Don't say I fhucqing told you so and when the weather turns you'll do well to pay attention though in all fairness you already have....hint 😁😂😂😂😁

Last edited by Trystan; 10/01/19.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Trystain,

Hint.

May wanna frame that one.

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Not saying I agree with Llama Bob but I'm curious which bullet manufacturer personnel you spoke with to get this information? The reason I ask is because when I made a phone call to hornady and visited with Steve he told me that there higher sectional density offerings works better for penetration both in the field and in medium.

Next time you're on the phone with Steve ask him why his 6mm-80 gr GMX (SD @ .193) retains approx 100% of its weight and will easily out penetrate his 6mm-103 gr ELDX (SD @ .249), which retains about 50% or so of its weight. The ELDX has a SD that is 29% greater than the GMX. I'm guessing its probably because the material engineering makeup is different and deigned to give a different performance characteristic, what do you think? SD is a constant, however I can change bullet performance by changing the variables in material makeup and bullet construction to render the constant meaningless when it comes to penetration.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Trystain,

I'm unfamiliar with the rifle you cite. Can you dangle a picture of "your's"? Hint. Congratulations?!?

Here in Kansas,October is forgiving,especially a few minutes ago. Hint.

In fairness,I've never shot a 223 and am not certain about twist. Perhaps you should Google even more,as you "flaunt" your Imagination and Pretend?!? Hint.

Bless your heart for lying and crying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............

bob'1,

He ain't too ascared of much and has the right attitude.(grin)

Hangin' and bangin' is cool.

And bloody digits are welcomed.

This Kansas light gets harsh and I've seen me roll High-Key B&W,to mix thangs up. He's High-SD'ing here,give or fhuqking take.(grin)

He don't rock the boat.(grin)

GOOD times........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
All you gotta do to get a bear picture is drive through the state Park. Hint.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
And yet physics remains on my side while you blather on laugh

Above is LB's go-to statement for all his posts. You know what I say, SD is mid-evil pumpkin heaving crap, hows that. SD has no bearing in bullet performance, it is only a characteristic of measurement, like 1-foot=12-inches, that's it. It has no definitive application to anything with regard to physics/ballistics. Physics would be the material engineering of the components in testing and assessing the toughness of a material or in this case the bullet for the maximum amount of stress it can take before fracturing. The durability of a bullet goes to its elasticity and plastcity within a design range, this in turn reveals design strength and toughness at a given impact velocity and its expansion characteristics. Obviously firms like Hornady (their ELD) and others do painstaking research to develop projectiles that combine a given weight retention, expansion, and penetration at numerous tested impact velocities. I can assure you they never think about SD when they are developing these projectiles. They are basing their research on only materials engineering and how these materials interact under extreme stress through mediums. The physics involved would be combining these variables and refining them to a gnats ass. SD is only a number rendered by a bullets dimensions, hence its weight and diameter. These days with advanced technologies and the use of fusing advanced materials, SD is meaningless when it comes to penetration. For shooting solids it doesn't much matter whether pushing a .308, 147gr FMJ or .416, 400gr FMJ both will penetrate like all get-out, thus proving its about the materials not projectiles SD.

Trystain,

"There" is a direction. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Baby Man is looking there,because there are Bears there. Now there. Hint.

Here is there. Only (1) in this frame and it's over there. Hint.

Bless your heart for doing your best and being so prudent on the phone lines. LAUGHING!

You poor poor(literally) Retarded STUPID fhuqk.

Hint.

Laughing!.....................

Way to support the little tyke’s head! Did you go to the ER yet for neck trauma?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
... SD has no bearing in bullet performance, i.... It has no definitive application to anything with regard to physics/ballistics.
...., SD is meaningless when it comes to penetration.....

that's about as ridiculous [in the other extreme] as those who worship SD.

how can SD of a projectile in target be considered meaningless to penetration?

.. SD is a constant, ..

Once an expanding design projectile enters target, SD will variably alter according to changes in weight and frontal area.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B3

T
Trystan Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T

Next time you're on the phone with Steve ask him why his 6mm-80 gr GMX (SD @ .193) retains approx 100% of its weight and will easily out penetrate his 6mm-103 gr ELDX (SD @ .249), which retains about 50% or so of its weight. The ELDX has a SD that is 29% greater than the GMX. I'm guessing its probably because the material engineering makeup is different and deigned to give a different performance characteristic, what do you think? SD is a constant, however I can change bullet performance by changing the variables in material makeup and bullet construction to render the constant meaningless when it comes to penetration.

I already asked Steve and he said a 150 gmx will out penetrate a 139 gmx on a regular basis. In fact Steve said any gmx compared to another gmx the higher sectional density one outpenetrates the lower sectional density offering almost every single time when tested on game and when tested in medium. ! Same goes for comparing elds! Same goes for comparing SST's. Maybe you should call Steve again and ask him if higher sectional density gmx's at equal velocities outpenetrate lower sectional density gmx's! If you are mixed all up yes sectional density becomes meaningless! The fact that it can be easily sorted means it is not meaningless. Whichever make bullet you decide to use if you find penetration to be insufficient but you like the makeup of that bullet simply step up one size and penetration will increase without fail almost every single time. Of course if you mix and match and switch and fucqk around you might be lost to begin with and sectional density probably isn't a conversation one should even be having let alone picking an appropriate bullet for the task at hand

Last edited by Trystan; 10/01/19.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I already asked Steve and he said a 150 gmx will out penetrate a 139 gmx on a regular basis. In fact Steve said any gmx compared to another gmx the higher sectional density one outpenetrates the lower sectional density offering almost every single time when tested on game and when tested in medium. ! Same goes for comparing elds! Same goes for comparing SST's. Maybe you should call Steve again and ask him if higher sectional density gmx's at equal velocities outpenetrate lower sectional density gmx's! If you are mixed all up yes sectional density becomes meaningless! The fact that it can be easily sorted means it is not meaningless. Whichever make bullet you decide to use if you find penetration to be insufficient but you like the makeup of that bullet simply step up one size and penetration will increase without fail almost every single time. Of course if you mix and match and switch and fucqk around you might be lost to begin with and sectional density probably isn't a conversation one should even be having let alone picking an appropriate bullet for the task at hand

Good point--one I attempted before on this subject. Comparing apples to apples is useful, comparing apples to oranges is not............

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Alwaysindoors,

Just which "State Park" are you trying to cite? You Drooling DUMB fhuqks are a Hoot! Hint. Congratulations?!?

Baby Man keeping tabs on Bears. Hint. Laughing!

You be SURE to quantify all the other things,which sooooooo reliably stump you,from your Couchbound Kchunt and "plethora" of "experience". Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though!

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

some grow up smart , some grow up tough, ...make sure Baby Man grows up both tough and smart.... grin

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Pics of bears do not mean jack chit.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Alwaysindoors,

Pardon Reality,yet again colliding with your FANTASY. Hint. Congratulations?!?

In no particular order...for you to get a picture of a Bear,you'd first need a camera,then actually see your first Bear,then align your Drooling Retardation to capture the "moment". No "surprise" at all,upon your contention,of those "odds" being beyond your reality. Hint. LAUGHING!

Only (1) in this frame. Hint.

Keep "extolling" your versions of "knowledge","experience" and "results". Hint.

Bless your heart for crying.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (12344mag, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 22kHornet, 222ND, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,612 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,381
Posts18,527,543
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.