OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Snow in the hills around me, looks like about 4,000'snow line and I'm at 3500' .

I'm getting scared and considering moving to Florida. laugh

Eerily similar situation!

First week in October 2017.

Heavy wet snow....driving winds. Power out for weeks in some places.

The storm that spawned Flave's tree house and hilarious The Chad updates.

Looks like the real storm hits tonight here in the NW. I already anchored everything down, probably should make a booze run today before it hits. Nothing worse than the liqure store running out of power and shutting down.

I think I'll put in my fancy new SxS heater with defrost this weekend. Trying to plow with a frozen windshield is getting old, plus the heat might be nice once in a while laugh .

I got two wild turkeys, two old Granddads and two Jim Beams.

One black one white.

I have a package of Rocky mountain hotdogs...a new brick of velveeta and a 30 pack of Bud.

Just the staples.....

Get super extra thick bologna FOR THE LOVE OF GOD,MAN

That stuff is good.

Take a slice and roll it up with a American single.

Use a frilled toothpick if you are fancy.

I am MAGA.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Big. Jim, you ever have a fried bologna sandwich with a fried egg on top? Good stuff!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

My last sewing project made me think I needed one of these, sailmakers palm.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the link but my communist vegetarian friend in Denmark is gonna make me a thimble out of boxwood.

pictures or it didn't happen! grin

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
See? Making lemonade!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

He looks kind of bored. Trying to spot the cattle.

You could sink another pole by that utility one, put a cross pole high up from one to another and hang a swing for him. Tell him it's almost like a TREE.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by BluMtn
The second school is swathing the stubble and bailing it for use at a straw plant that when up and running will take straw and turn it into a fiber paste that can be used to make fiber board or a plywood substitute, and can also be used for making paper plates and other such stuff.

Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Saw some kitchen bowls recently made from straw fiber.

I saw a blurb on the news a couple of years ago praising the practice......new jobs.....no more burning fields and the air pollution that goes with it.....less logging of immature trees to produce OSB...etc but after reading Jim's post about having to replace the nitrogen in the soil when the stubble with it's natural nitrogen is removed makes it sound less than the miraculous break through that the media portrayed it to be.

One of the things we have learned over the last 20 years about crop residue is since burning and removal of straw, is we see less disease in the soil and our yields have increased. We were running fall wheat/dry pea, garbanzos rotation and maintaining a 65 to 75 bu proven. With burning or straw removal we have gone to a 3 year rotation of Winter wheat, spring wheat and dry pea, garbanzo rotation and our yields have risen to 90 to 100 bu proven with some years we have had 140 bu dryland yields. Yes we are putting more nitrogen in the ground than we use to but the plants are able to use much more of than they use to.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Yesterday morning east of Shelby.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How come Canadians don’t get their boxers in a wad over a little snow?

Ain’t it worse up there?

Maybe Montana is like Canada Lite.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Birdie, we bitch to scare away Texans and Californians smile

Last edited by irfubar; 12/14/19. Reason: forgot smiley

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Southern Canada is the tropics of the nation. Relatively speaking, those Canaydjuns have it good. They could never get away with whining because their northies would embarrass them.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Southern Canada is the tropics of the nation. Relatively speaking, those Canaydjuns have it good. They could never get away with whining because their northies would embarrass them.

Dave:
Good evening to you sir, I hope the week was a good one for you and this finds you well.

Pretty much I'd have to opine you nailed it.

When we had snow at the end of September up on the mountain behind the house it was, while a tad unusual, not entirely unheard of down here in the Okanagan, which is more or less the only true desert in Canada.

Our neighbor comes down from his summer job in the Yukon in early October most years as it's freezing up to much to placer mine.

My brother who's in Saskatchewan and still farming the family land where I grew up is typically happy if there's no snow by Halloween.

Indeed those of us with less snow are kinda quiet about it when it does snow, cause most of us moved here to escape the usual 7 months of winter the rest of the country has to put up with.

Anyway, that's just one Canuck's thoughts on the matter, but either way, Merry Christmas to you and yours sir.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 12/14/19.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (14idaho, 35, 405winash, 257robertsimp, 01Foreman400, 12 invisible), 879 guests, and 881 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,407
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.