Hop To
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
#14171354 10/02/19
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Are you a Calvinist? Believe some things are preordained?

I am much more so than when I was younger.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At the center of our Solar system is a giant ball of gas one million times the size of the earth thats on fire.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Although I lean more toward Hobbes, I am in the same boat as you.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Superstition. Does it mean you are not responsible for your actions?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I understand John. Speaking of boats. Sorry about standing you up as to fishing. It was cold. too cold to enjoy being on water.

Maybe that was preordained?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It probably was. No worries about it from this end. I had some "grandpa and grandma needed to tend to grandsons" while you were gone.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Must confess to not knowing much about it.....John Calvi was not a name I gave much thought to till just recently. I'm reading "A Column of Fire" by Ken Follet, and it's all about the struggle between Catholics and Protestants in England and France. Fascinating book, really enjoying it. I knew there was a significant conflict between the two sides,but I never knew just how violent and brutal it really got. Kinda puts things in perspective a bit, when people complain about how bad things are and how we must surely now be in the "end times"....we really haven't seen schitt compared to what has happened before.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Yes

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
A feller makes his own luck.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
At a low point in my life a minister told me to read Romans 8-28

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Must confess to not knowing much about it.....John Calvi was not a name I gave much thought to till just recently. I'm reading "A Column of Fire" by Ken Follet, and it's all about the struggle between Catholics and Protestants in England and France. Fascinating book, really enjoying it. I knew there was a significant conflict between the two sides,but I never knew just how violent and brutal it really got. Kinda puts things in perspective a bit, when people complain about how bad things are and how we must surely now be in the "end times"....we really haven't seen schitt compared to what has happened before.

Excellent thoughts - what always appalls me is how "normal" people in the past condoned so much pure brutality as completely natural.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by xxclaro

Catholics have tried to destroy anyone who believed in the Bible but not the Pope. This is why the Catholic church made having a bible, if not clergy or royalty, a death penalty. The Pope could say and do anything he wanted to do or say, whether it was sanctioned by scripture or not. And the Popes over the years have put the demons to shame with their crimes. And it continues to this day.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The NY Times and CNN do some space alien nuttery news of Trump being an alien.

Last edited by mtnsnake; 10/02/19.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Inshallah, for some. Some do make their own luck but Schidt does happen. A persons health and that of their loved ones seems to be the divine crapshoot.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Modified. Not even Calvin was a total Calvinist in the end. As it is I don’t pretend to know as much as I thought I did at one time. Also don’t take myself as serious as I used to.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
Catholics have tried to destroy anyone who believed in the Bible but not the Pope. This is why the Catholic church made having a bible, if not clergy or royalty, a death penalty.

Myth. Every Catholic doctrine, every Catholic teaching, is rooted in the Bible. Always had a bible, nobody's threatened to kill me yet.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Catholics have tried to destroy anyone who believed in the Bible but not the Pope. This is why the Catholic church made having a bible, if not clergy or royalty, a death penalty.

Myth. Every Catholic doctrine, every Catholic teaching, is rooted in the Bible. Always had a bible, nobody's threatened to kill me yet.

Not even here on the 'fire?!

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I think I was preordained to spend my my entire life waiting at stoplights.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by nighthawk

He's not talking modern times when he says having a Bible was forbidden. You believe that everything the Catholic church ever did was rooted in the Bible?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Not even here on the 'fire?!

smile People seem to be more tolerant of heretics these days.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

112 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, AceBall, 13 invisible), 1,653 guests, and 978 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,449
Posts18,528,831
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.