Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
]The car song thread made me think about first dates.
My wife said once time if I didn't pick her up in a truck she wouldn't have gone out with me lol, took her to a total dive bar/pizza joint. She was happy with it so was I. Gimme a redneck girl then went and got stuck in a snow drift, I was testing her digging skills and ability to put up with my random situations, (was not going to get with a pretentious B%$#@ like my ex)

But brings me back to a totally messed up first date with a very nice girl.
I picked her up and we went had had a meal, after dinner she could tell i was tense as I took her home,
then dropped her off a block away from her house, some how I blew out a brake line on the truck and
relying only on downshifting to stop,didn't want to admit I was driving her around in a truck with no brakes.
I didn't get a second date.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
We went on a taco run with a 12 pack of Miller ponies.

That was back in the late 70's.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
It has been a long time, I'm not sure what would qualify as a first date? I'm more worried about the next date. laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Took my ex on a first date to the Drive Inn Theater.
I always park near the center, and I always get out with windex and paper towels and clean the windshield before the movie starts.
Looked back a few rows, and there set her older brother, who was also a friend of mine.
I walked back and did his windshield too! grin
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Took a girl to the movie "Love Story" for a first and only date.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Took a girl to the show, Gregory Peck movie McKenna’s Gold. Her dad was just starting a car dealership. He owns many in several states now. I should have stayed with her, but fouled that up.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I guess the first was one my cousin fixed me up with this girl last name Kroger. Her dad owned some grocery stores. Didn't go well.

Last edited by websterparish47; 10/02/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Buddy's wife lined me up with a cute redhead that worked in the same office, we went on a blind date with the other couple. Dancing and partying at the Mather AFB NCO club until the wee hours.

A few months later we got married in a nice ceremony at the McClellan AFB chapel. We have been togather now almost 48 years.

I have sworn many times I will never go on another blind date. laugh

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First date with my favorite gal of all time was her doing - it was a Sadie Hawkins hayride deal held by her sorority and she invited me. Hardly knew her but she was exceedingly cute and very smart. Before the ride started I suggested we sit on the front of the wagon - wanted to see how the tractor operated - interesting for an urban fellow. In the forest we had a bonfire and ate usual stuff - but had my first S'mores that night - she kept making them for as long as I would eat another. I liked her. We sat on the back of the wagon on the way back to campus - very, very nice. Given that, I never went on a single date with anyone else. We became closer and closer, and were married within a year of that first date. It will be 60 years in 2020.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CCCC
First date with my favorite gal of all time was her doing - it was a Sadie Hawkins hayride deal held by her sorority and she invited me. Hardly knew her but she was exceedingly cute and very smart. Before the ride started I suggested we sit on the front of the wagon - wanted to see how the tractor operated - interesting for an urban fellow. In the forest we had a bonfire and ate usual stuff - but had my first S'mores that night - she kept making them for as long as I would eat another. I liked her. We sat on the back of the wagon on the way back to campus - very, very nice. Given that, I never went on a single date with anyone else. We became closer and closer, and were married within a year of that first date. It will be 60 years in 2020.

Very nice story.

I feel ashamed of mine now. Never mind.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My wife and I went to a Baptist Student Union hayride that the college we were attending had. About a year later, we were married.

It will be 49 years tomorrow.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Happy anniversary James!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
My wife and I went to a Baptist Student Union hayride that the college we were attending had. About a year later, we were married.

It will be 49 years tomorrow.

Good Job!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
A cabin on a lake....dinner with a view....a most memorable occasion.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Wifey and I went to a movie, out to eat. I can’t remember if we went dancing after. I met her in a dance hall in 83.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My very first date was to see E.T. but it was sold out and we saw Poltergeist instead. Didn't go on another one but it seemed she dated a lot of my friends in the following years. Funny part was we knew the person in common through different places.

My first date with my wife was toToby Keith's "Boomtown" concert. The catch was we would miss the opening act as we had to work a booth for that period of time. Aswe were leaving, I noticed a gal from where we hung out crying on the stairs. We found out her boyfriend dumped her at the show and left her. I offered the girl a ride home fearing my date would be upset with me. My date was actually impressed and we eventually married.

My most memorable first date was a blind date set up by a friend's wife. For some reason my buddy's wife thought Eddie Murphy's "Raw" would be appropriate. It was as my blind date and I had gone out before. And it did not work out well. That time nor the earlier one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Took her to see the movie "Outlaw Josey Wales " .

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Friend of mine took a girl on his first date with her. As he took her home, he leaned to kiss her lips.

"I never kiss on the first date," she said.

His answer: "Do you kiss on the last?"

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stock car races.

She preferred my 17 year old pickup over my year old Camaro.
Knew she was a keeper then.

46 years later....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I once took a girl to a Chinese restaurant on a first date. The girl commented on my proficiency with chopsticks, so I said "that's nothing, when you're really good you can eat soup with 'em."

When she said "really, I'd like to see that" I knew there wasn't gonna be a second date.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,550 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,577
Posts18,492,049
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.