Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Sorry to hear that. You will be richly blessed and rewarded for your kindness to her.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RickyD
Sorry to hear that. You will be richly blessed and rewarded for your kindness to her.

Amen to that.

LOL
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by FatCity67
make sure you take time away for your mental health and well being.

Oh yes. Taking care of my mother wore me down, and she wasn't fighting me.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Done here. Just recall that diabetes could be at the root of all you are dealing with.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
At the bitter end of my late wife's breast cancer it had spread to her bones and then finally her brain.
To see her in diapers and hearing her saying things that a child would say is not easy on the rest of the family.
That was 8 years ago and it is still on my mind.
whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Prayers sent!
Always harder on the care giver than the patient.
Been there done that, and would do it again!
It’s an honor if you have the ability and patience....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hard to comment on this. Besides seeing my parents through to the end I spent some time as the maintenance department (just me) at the local nursing home. It was owned by Benedictine Health Services at the time and we were encouraged to interact with residents in a caring way, like family. Best part of the job really. Lots of dementia at one level or another, but nobody combative fortunately. There were a few burned out alkies that could get feisty, and a couple whose entertainment for the day was giving staff a hard time. Frustrating at times but more so rewarding in making someone's day just a little better. Always kept in mind, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
There is a good book titled, "Share My Lonesome Valley" that is helpful to those providing care for the elderly, spouses, children, etc with long term illnesses. Caregivers are one of the most overlooked groups when it comes to support. My heart goes out to you. We are just in the very early stages of my wife's recent diagnosis of early onset dementia. Most would never realize it in her but I see it every day. It sometimes takes a great deal of patience when I tell her the same thing several times. She is sweet about it and realizes what's happening. Right now she can still function with me being gone for two weeks at a time. She can drive, manage her meds, shop for groceries, cook, etc. Right now it's just the little stuff but it will get worse. She has to keep lists and instructions for a lot of stuff.

I'll keep you lifted up in prayer.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Prayers sent A&F!

BTDT.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Diana has Bi-Polar disorder. As far as dementia, the very early signs, I'm the one with those. There are several members of mt family, all males on my fathers side, who have had early onset dementia or full early onset Alzheimer. But these symptoms are also in depression.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FatCity67
make sure you take time away for your mental health and well being.

This.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I wish only the best to those who provide ongoing care to their loved ones.
A tough row to hoe and sometimes there is no one to step in and occasionally give a bit of relief.

Last edited by LouisB; 10/04/19.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One thing you better dang well better do is get the paperwork in order for the both of you in terms of Powers of Attorney and/or a will /trust. Find yourself a trustee in case of YOUR incapacity. As for post-death, name, and NOTIFY someone you would trust with your life (because that's what it is), not necessarily family, to administer your affairs in your best interest. Pick ONE person to be in charge, don't share anything because all that does is make the paperwork twice as hard to deal with.

Doing these things will NOT get any easier if you wait. Get after it while you still can understand what the heck you're doing..

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Respect to all caregivers
10 years or more with my wife, constant pain and anger, getting worse. There is nothing to do but recognize the problem and carry on. We have another operation next week, I always hope one will actually reduce some pain and improve mobility
Take care of yourself. Recognizing your own limitations is part of the battle diabetes will mimic alcoholism, so be aware of that too
I just got cussed for being on the internet. Not that tv has anything to see, or I can go someplace else. Housework is done, no clue what she wants for dinner

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ConradCA
It sounds like your wife has some sort of dementia. Maybe the doc could help you with meds.

This. My mother had diabetes in her senior years. I think her dementia was aggravated by her diabetes.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Prayers sent. My father tested my patience something fierce at times before he passed. I would snap back at him and instantly feel so guilty. Even with the bad moments I would do it all again and may have to before my time comes.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

745 members (16gage, 160user, 16Racing, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 72 invisible), 2,554 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,842
Posts18,478,210
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.