Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Some telling quotes from the article:

Charlie says she has been contacted by "hundreds" of people seeking help - 30 people alone in her area of Newcastle.

"I think some of the common characteristics are that they tend to be around their mid-20s, they're mostly female and mostly same-sex attracted, and often autistic as well."

"I didn't think any change was going to be enough in the end and I thought it was better to work on changing how I felt about myself, than changing my body," says Ruby.

"I've seen similarities in the way I experience gender dysphoria, in the way I experience other body image issues."

Ruby explains she has also had an eating disorder but she does not feel that issue was explored in the therapy sessions she had when she went to gender identity services.

"When I was at my gender clinic to get referred for hormones, we had a session where I went over my mental health issues and I told them about my eating disorder and they didn't suggest that that could maybe connected with my gender dysphoria," says Ruby.

The Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust offers gender identity services for children under 18, with some patients as young as three or four years old.

They now have a record number of referrals and see 3,200% more patients than they did 10 years ago - with the increase for girls up by 5,337%.

'Hundreds' of young trans people seeking help to return to original sex
A woman who detransitioned in 2018 says there are many people who have had gender reassignment surgery who wish they hadn't.
Sally Lockwood, North of England Correspondent.

Hundreds of young transgender people are seeking help to return to their original sex, a woman who is setting up a charity has told Sky News.

Charlie Evans, 28, was born female but identified as male for nearly 10 years before detransitioning.

The number of young people seeking gender transition is at an all-time high but we hear very little, if anything, about those who may come to regret their decision.

There is currently no data to reflect the number who may be unhappy in their new gender or who may opt to detransition to their biological sex.

Charlie detransitioned and went public with her story last year - and said she was stunned by the number of people she discovered in a similar position.

"I'm in communication with 19 and 20-year-olds who have had full gender reassignment surgery who wish they hadn't, and their dysphoria hasn't been relieved, they don't feel better for it," she says.

"They don't know what their options are now."

Charlie says she has been contacted by "hundreds" of people seeking help - 30 people alone in her area of Newcastle.

"I think some of the common characteristics are that they tend to be around their mid-20s, they're mostly female and mostly same-sex attracted, and often autistic as well."

She recalls being approached by a young girl with a beard who hugged her after giving a public talk, who explained she was a destransitioned woman too.

"She said she felt shunned by the LGBT community for being a traitor. So I felt I had to do something."

Charlie is now launching a charity called The Detransition Advocacy Network, with their first meeting set to be held in Manchester at the end of the month.

Sky News went to meet one person who has contacted Charlie's network for help.

She does not want to be identified so we have changed her name.

Ruby is now 21 but first began identifying as male at 13.

After taking testosterone her voice got a lot deeper, she grew facial hair and her body changed.

She had been planning to have surgery to remove her breasts this summer.

However, in May, Ruby voiced the growing doubts she had been harbouring and made the decision to come off testosterone and detransition to identify as female.

"I didn't think any change was going to be enough in the end and I thought it was better to work on changing how I felt about myself, than changing my body," says Ruby.

"I've seen similarities in the way I experience gender dysphoria, in the way I experience other body image issues."

Ruby explains she has also had an eating disorder but she does not feel that issue was explored in the therapy sessions she had when she went to gender identity services.

"When I was at my gender clinic to get referred for hormones, we had a session where I went over my mental health issues and I told them about my eating disorder and they didn't suggest that that could maybe connected with my gender dysphoria," says Ruby.

"For everyone who has gender dysphoria, whether they are trans or not, I want there to be more options for us because I think there is a system of saying, 'okay here's your hormones, here's your surgery, off you go'. I don't think that's helpful for anyone."

The Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust offers gender identity services for children under 18, with some patients as young as three or four years old.

They now have a record number of referrals and see 3,200% more patients than they did 10 years ago - with the increase for girls up by 5,337%.

With referrals at a record high, it suggests cases of detransition will rise too.

In a statement, a trust spokesperson said: "Decisions about physical interventions made in our care are arrived at after a thorough exploration process. While some of our patients may decide not to pursue physical treatment or drop out of treatment, the experience of regret described here is rarely seen."

Gender transition has positive outcomes for many people and even talking about detransition is viewed by some as transphobic.

But some believe further research and more discussion is needed in treating people with gender dysphoria, as well as more options for them than gender transition.

sky news

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
Some telling quotes from the article:

An 18 year old boy can't see if he has a dick or not?? there is a gender identity service for that??

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Autistic, queer and penisless is no way to go through life.

Take the lead pill, it will set you free.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
LGBTQR

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Oh! But we must shift the earth on its axis to accommodate these Homo's.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If they'd had a good azz whipping a few times when they were growing up, and been made to act right, chances are they'd have turned out a lot better.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I'm sure the Democrats will oppose these kids. Free choice cannot be allowed if it conflicts with Democrat objectives to tear down America.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
The current climate is that doctors, therapists and even parents are barred from even questioning a child's decision to transition. If they say they want to switch, they "must be believed" (where have you heard that before) and doctors are ethically bound to begin them on hormone treatments.

I expect that in 20 years or so there will be lots of lawsuits by people who have transitioned and will argue that they needed therapy, not hormones and surgery.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh hell, they are all just attention whores being needy; "I'm a gurl, cut my dick off!", "Oh NO! I was WRONG, I guess I AM a dude, please sew my dick back on!!!!", "wait, now I'm not sure!"...

And on and on and on. Euthanasia is the solution, for them, and to society's benefit in the long run...

Goosey will be along shortly, spouting the queer perspective.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
John Hopkins Hospital stopped doing "sex-reassignments" awhile back. they claimed it was a "psychological problem", and needed to be treated as such. Those are some top of the line experts on this stuff. If we could beat the "parents" twice as hard as these kids, it "might" make a difference...

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 10/07/19.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JamesJr
If they'd had a good azz whipping a few times when they were growing up, and been made to act right, chances are they'd have turned out a lot better.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Lord knows I have enough troubles in life...thank God this isn't one of them.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh hell, they are all just attention whores being needy; "I'm a gurl, cut my dick off!", "Oh NO! I was WRONG, I guess I AM a dude, please sew my dick back on!!!!", "wait, now I'm not sure!"...

And on and on and on. Euthanasia is the solution, for them, and to society's benefit in the long run...

Goosey will be along shortly, spouting the queer perspective.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A lot of people suffering from mental illnesses in the US. Trying to act like they are normal is not the answer.
Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R

Maybe, but I sorta think that all of us who were grown ass men in this country when this insanity first came down the pipe deserve an ass whipping for not hanging the first communist that came up with it, the first doctor to perform a dickectomy, and certainly the first politician that started pushing it.

The poor screwed up kids I have mercy upon. They needed someone to help with their mental issues, not maim and mutilate their bodies.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stupid is pretty hard to reverse............................

MM

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldman3

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Haha

We'll see if this post holds

I've mentioned this before and the Campfire homeschool parents came out to defend their un-assbeatened special little darlins.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Any doctor involved in "altering gender" through whatever means (chemical or surgical) needs to have his license taken from him.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I think they should send them home from surgery with their dicks in a jar like they used to with your tonsils.
That way they can put them up on the mantle for display. Look at em everyday they come in from Starbucks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I liken the problem to tattoos and piercing: it's a fad. Young people think it's a cool thing to do - but have no concept of "permanent" effects. Regrets are almost guaranteed, but there's little to no chance of going back. Certainly no chance of getting back to exactly what you were.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (1234, 007FJ, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,415
Posts18,470,496
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.