Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Bowhunting just started here and I noticed that both of my Black Diamond headlamps aren't working properly. They both seem to have the same problem. Main center beam won't come on but side beams work ok. One is a older model with cord and the other is cordless. Just wondering what other brands are used by hunters. I really like these lamps although they were pricey. They were used very little which makes me wonder about quality. I could probably get by with just the side beams.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm a flashlight and headlamp whore. Headlamps keep Alaskans' lives illuminated. I have Princeton Tec, Petzl, Black Diamond, Coast and Eveready lights. I use the Petzl the most, but I've never had any problem with any of them.

The Black Diamond has been used well below 0° F with AAA lithiums and no problems.

Schitt gets old and stops working. Buy a new one with features you like. Use it till it breaks and get another.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fenix 60. Like a car headlight on your forehead on the brightest setting. Mini USB recharging cord. Lasts forever on the lowest setting. About $80-90.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got a few my go to is nothing fancy, the best a could fine at a one horse town hardware store when I forgot my others on a trip. An Energizer waterproof model it was like 20 bucks. 10 years later its still going? I reserve my light snobbery for my Fenix UC 35 small police style flash light love that thing. For head lamps I just pack a couple cheap ones and spare batteries.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just got this email from Steve at www.fireboxstove.com (with whom I have an account.)

Get 30% off Nitecore prices on their website if you order through Steve at https://www.fireboxstove.com/index.php?route=common/home

In celebration of becoming an official NITECORE dealer!
Nitecore has way more products than we could list on our site. You're welcome to research all their products at https://www.nitecorestore.com/. Then let us know at infofireboxstove.com and we'll get whatever you need at 30% off their regular prices.

To receive your 30% off simply follow these steps:

1. Add any of the sale items to your cart (along with anything else your heart desires, discount will only apply to sale items however.)
2. Click the cart in the top right corner of the page, and then click "view cart”.
3. Enter the code NITECORE30, then click “apply coupon." Discount will be reflected at the bottom of the page.
4. Proceed with checkout process.

If you have any issues please email us at infofireboxstove.com or you can call 435-462-9820.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Might be the center one is an incandescent bulb with a broken filament. I've had one like that, side lamps were LED. Older models were made like that before LED tech caught up with the brightness level possible from the older bulbs.

I had one that if not turned off properly would really eat the batteries. Put it on the "low" beams and it would last for hours.

I got one of these a few years back, the tug company that hauled my butt around wouldn't let us use our own lights, they had to be capable of use in explosive atmospheres as they also hauled petro products and just didn't allow unsafe ones aboard. Plenty bright enough, it'll be going along on my elk hunt this year. Stays in the console of the truck too.

https://www.amazon.com/Nightstick-X...ative=165953&creativeASIN=B00LPEJT2U

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Black Diamond storm. Waterproof and dust proof. 350 lumens. White, blue, green and red light features.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
I'm leaning that way although I really don't need the different colored lights. I really like the Black Diamond. Has got me out of the woods in dark foggy conditions. Always felt safe coming out at dark. But knowing both of my headlamps are having issues. I will carry a back up.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I like my Black Diamond headlamp. It's worked well for me for quite a few years.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Found a Black Diamond (usb rechargeable one) while bowhunting this year. Charged it up and use it. Pretty nice headlamp. Doubt I'd buy the rechargeable one but I would not hesitate to buy one of the battery ones.

Last edited by centershot; 10/08/19.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Last edited by Rick n Tenn; 10/07/19.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Zebralight...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I mostly use a bushnell / members mark from Sams club. 2 for $20.

300 lumens amd use AAA.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GrnMtnBoy
I'm leaning that way although I really don't need the different colored lights. I really like the Black Diamond. Has got me out of the woods in dark foggy conditions. Always felt safe coming out at dark. But knowing both of my headlamps are having issues. I will carry a back up.

The colored lights, especially red saves your night vision and is useful for night predator hunting when you're futzing with gear and walking in and out of set ups.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I bought one of these a while back and it is really nice. I use it at our deer camp that has no electricity. A guy on another hunting site suggested them and so far it does everything right.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WWFW4YG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Zebralight

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Energizer from Home Depot

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Good service so far from my black diamond revolt. I like I can charge it with my powerbank or pop in batteries. I just bought a second one. I seen some reviews that complained about complicated or hard to use controls. I didn't find that to be true for me.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Zebralight (using 18650 batteries)

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Zebralight H600 with 18650 batteries. Output levels up to a hair above 1,000 lumens.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

506 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 49 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,510
Posts18,490,768
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.