Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
N
ndm Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
Even if you can get the admission thrown out, the State will subpoena the other three occupants in the car and under the penalty of Perjury they always talk. Once the ticket is written, one drink is consumption one beer is possession. Pretty low standard to prove, especially when there are witnesses which there almost always are with teenagers. Sucks, but if you live in a college town you'll see hundreds of MIP tickets in a year. Easy money for the police departments.

GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I would get an attorney. I would let the son know he will be paying the costs in the end. This may never interfere in his life and yet it just might. In the state I now live in this question would come up if applying for a Lawyer License. In some states this will come up to get a professional license as physician, PA, Nurse practitioner, etc. You can get an attorney to negotiate a non moving violation (disturbing the peace, loitering, etc) and pay the fine for that. I know it should not be this way. He should have been recognized for being honest and doing the right thing. Oregon, just as parts of California, would let some parade naked in a pride parade and then bust your son's chops. Tis the times we find ourselves in. I would fight to have it removed from his record. Maybe more costly, but better to be gone than show up in the future. As simple as this seems if something else comes up in the next several years it would be considered as the 2nd time he has been a problem (even if it really isn't.) Sorry I don't have a magical answer but this is my response to your request. Good luck!

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Here’s the skinny:

I looked at the citation, it was for municipal court. I hit the website and got info about their alcohol diversion program. Then I went and talked to a nice lady who told me my kid qualified for diversion. Plead guilty in court, pay the fine, attend a class, keep his nose clean for 4 months, the citation will be dismissed. Then petition for expungement, $240, like it never happened.

His lesson, his money. Now he knows.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good to hear.

Outside the obvious horsechit of an adult getting cited for drinking a beer, sounds reasonable enough.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This was exactly what I was referring to in my initial post. Nobody wants to label teenagers as “convicts” but it makes a point of how seriously the state/city view underage drinking. That may seem like overreach and maybe it is but those laws are a result of a lot of dead and injured teenagers. As I said in my previous post, I felt confident that this could be resolved in a way that satisfied both you and your son, without the expense of an attorney. It looks like it will be and I’m glad for you both.

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Here’s the skinny:

I looked at the citation, it was for municipal court. I hit the website and got info about their alcohol diversion program. Then I went and talked to a nice lady who told me my kid qualified for diversion. Plead guilty in court, pay the fine, attend a class, keep his nose clean for 4 months, the citation will be dismissed. Then petition for expungement, $240, like it never happened.

P

Sounds like you are a good father. I’ve seen many parents simply buy their kids’ way out of legal trouble. It never ends well. Kudos to you for requiring him to take responsibility for his actions. That being said, it sounds like that cop is a real prick.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here’s the skinny:

P

Good deal, glad things worked out for the boy.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Here’s the skinny:

P

Pharm,

good news there, but will the young man still lose driving privileges for a period of time? That would certainly suck for doing the right thing and not driving himself home.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here’s the skinny:

P

At the end of the day, this all ended well. An inexpensive life lesson.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Here’s the skinny:

P

Pharm,

good news there, but will the young man still lose driving privileges for a period of time? That would certainly suck for doing the right thing and not driving himself home.

Geno

No, he won’t.

And thanks to all who provided their opinions.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another reason people don't like cops, only a miserable deep down inside jerk would have done this to the kid in the first place.
Glad it should end well for your son.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't take it personal, just give us some money please.

LOL
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (22250rem, 06hunter59, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 55 invisible), 4,632 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,701
Posts18,534,699
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.