Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Like this close? Minus recoil lug maybe?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
i prefer a rail on my tikkas personally due to the flexibility of the slots. since you have burris sig zee rings,my preference also, why not give the warne 1 piece weaver rail a shot? i have this setup on all my tikkas and have never had an issue.
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by whitearrow
i prefer a rail on my tikkas personally due to the flexibility of the slots. since you have burris sig zee rings,my preference also, why not give the warne 1 piece weaver rail a shot? i have this setup on all my tikkas and have never had an issue.
Big Ed

Thats what i origionally wanted to do for flexibility. Because I have 40mm to 56mm optics and 1" and 30mm tubes. You have a link to that rail. The little bit of weight that it adds is nothing. Im not a backpacker, mountain hunter.

Last edited by SDupontJr; 10/09/19.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
google warne weaver rail for tikka t3. m9t3m is warne's designation for the one i use. it has 3 slots up front and 2 in the rear o the 1 piece base. and as a bonus it comes either in black or silver if that matters to you. the burris sig zee rings fit like a glove on this rail.
Big Ed

Col. Townsend Whelen
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
This it?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
yep thats it. i know its know errbodys cup o tea using the (4) screws and all but it works for me and i can move that front ring out further than clamp on mounts will if need be.
Big Ed

Col. Townsend Whelen
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by SDupontJr
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
I do have the factory aluminum rings. Man they just looked awfully "fragile" or cheap made. But I guess I'm wrong, hell some of you guys are running them. I haven't tried them to see if my 50mm will clear. Whatever I decided to go with it, I'll need them for a 50mm. The sportsmatch do look very good.

They are pretty average, Sportsmatch are the best option
[Linked Image]

Castle, is this your setup? This is the 1st set of sportmatch rings that I have seen where the front lug is not so close to the chamber opening. The front ring is moved forward slightly to give it more of a "symmetrical" look. I really like look. How did you pull that off?

These rings have a recoil pin that works with the slot in the front of the receiver but I don’t use that one.
The T3X has a 3mm hole in the bridge for a recoil pin and I use that one now to give the same spacing.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
See this post
Recoil pins
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Castle_Rock; 10/09/19. Reason: Link correction
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
This it?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Okay ! now that's not what I think of when I think of 'rail'. I'd have NO objection to that.

That reminds me of the Weaver Ring BASE for Rem semi autos and pumps.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Yeah it's a little cleaner look that a full slotted rail.

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
See this post
Recoil pins
[Linked Image]

Cool, missed that memo. Thanks for posting again.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I doubt anyone has seen more true wanton abuse put on Tikka T3’s than I. The Sportsmatch are unmatched in strength and maintaining zero. If one needs inclination Mountain Tactical’s rail with recoil lug is the choice.

Originally Posted by NMiller
The milled Tikka rail mount is a little petite for my liking.

In what way have you seen it fail?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
I doubt anyone has seen more true wanton abuse put on Tikka T3’s than I. The Sportsmatch are unmatched in strength and maintaining zero. If one needs inclination Mountain Tactical’s rail with recoil lug is the choice.

Form, overall how are the Tikkas holding up to the abuse?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Fantastic. Broken bolt stop has been the only issue on multiples with more than 10K rounds on them.
Around 1 in 3 to 1 in 4 will have a slight POI shift from side impacts (3ft drops), that a bit of bedding compound or JB on the tang and the recoil lug will correct. It is slight though- .2 mil +/-.

They fare ice/snow and blowing sand better than almost anything save an AI or TRG... which makes sense as that’s what a T3 really is- a sporterized Sako TRG 22.

As a total package, there really isn’t anything to compete.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The Mountain Tac rails are nice and the recoil pin is an excellent feature. The Area419 20 MOA rail also uses a recoil pin and is very well made.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Fantastic. Broken bolt stop has been the only issue on multiples with more than 10K rounds on them.
Around 1 in 3 to 1 in 4 will have a slight POI shift from side impacts (3ft drops), that a bit of bedding compound or JB on the tang and the recoil lug will correct. It is slight though- .2 mil +/-.

They fare ice/snow and blowing sand better than almost anything save an AI or TRG... which makes sense as that’s what a T3 really is- a sporterized Sako TRG 22.

Thanks. I can vouch for the blowing sand part. Appreciate the insight.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I read on the internet they weren’t for hard chargers or hard use. Maybe check on that. 😆

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 16bore

I read on the internet they weren’t for hard chargers or hard use. Maybe check on that. 😆

I forwarded that to a guy I work with who thinks the sun rises and sets on Model 70's. Snark

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Sounds good. A lot of guys here say they don't bed their Tikka's. but I'm not one of them... Bedding goes a long way with these.. IMHO..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

161 members (300_savage, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 264mag, 17CalFan, 204guy, 21 invisible), 3,026 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,778
Posts18,536,001
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.