Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Won't take long at all to make that back with the strategic price markups aimed at the mini-van/Suburban driving moms who will pay anything for the unnecessary junk they buy their offspring. The Subaru contingent will contribute their share as well, as they fork out more for their kayaks and swim fins.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
He is a good liberal.
Private citizens should not have guns.
Only the police, the Army, and the Secret Service should have guns.
Only Big Brother should have guns.

Makes my skin crawl, but this makes liberals all warm and cozy. They are protected by the all powerful State.

Protected right to the FEMA camps.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Follow the money. Either show me the General Ledger entry for the $5MM inventory write down... Or the $5MM transfer of inventory assets to another legal entity. As above, if there truly is a $5MM inventory write down, then show me the requisite paper work to the BATF documenting the destruction of said inventory.

My guess is that there will not be a write down... Just more kabuki theater pandering to their spandex snow flakes...

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Orion2000: I am not sure what you are talking about - but if you intentionally destroy your business property YOU can NOT write that off in any way shape or form!
Let me know how your call in to the dick's C.E.O. goes regarding him diminishing the taxable income of his business by the amount of money that he intentionally and voluntarily destroyed.
I am not defending the prick - I am just saying you are grossly misinformed/mistaken!
What you are describing is known in legal "circles" as "FRAUD"/tax evasion!
Both criminal and civil penalties will arise.
Sheesh.
DON'T SHOP dick's!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I don't believe it for a second. They were most probably returned to the distributor or to the original manufacturers. 5 million is quite the hit. They're lying, hoping to get favorable press for the soccer mom crowd. Lord knows people who support the 2nd Amendment won't shop there.
If they did, there would have to be proof provided to the BATFE. Every firearm made is tracked by them, at least until it is sold to a private owner.
7mm

F.O.I.A.?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There would not be any report to BATFE on destroyed inventory. They would simply make an entry in their bound book for each destroyed firearm and that is NOT a public record.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Snyper
I don't believe that BS.

I don't either.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sako76
He couldn't have donated them to a local or county police department? What an a$$! If I was a shareholder, I would be fuming.

His political bent and butt buddies can't be seen supporting a white, racist police force.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Freedom of information act?
I don't understand your point.
I really ain't losing any sleep either way. If they took a $5M hit, that's great. I'm sure that Ruger, S&W and the others can replace those guns, and its money in their pockets. If the guns were sent back, they no doubt found their way to another vendor who ain't so self righteous.
We gun nuts didn't gain anything, but we didn't lose anything either.
As far as Dick's, I never spent a dime there that I can recall. I bet I've only been in one of their stores a few times. I admit to buying a couple off F&S, but I haven't spent a dime there either since they showed their true colors.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
paid liars.

Trump Won!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Any CPA's or other accountant types out there ? Almost 30 yrs. ago when I worked in a non-hazardous waste incinerator we destroyed a lot of early VHS video camcorders that had been discontinued and were almost obsolete. They were all brand new never sold. Ran a few tractor trailer loads through a giant hammer shredder and into the incinerator. We heard the company got some kind of write-off on their taxes,,,,,, And the I.R.S. had people there to witness the process to ensure the stuff had indeed been destroyed. If Dick's were to destroy that many guns wouldn't the tax man ( or BATF), have some folks there to verify it ? And what's the name of that procedure if the I.R.S. is involved ?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Not going to read the whole thread but it sounds like a win win for gun owners and gun companies. Five million dollars worth of ARs were bought and paid for by Dicks. They did not sell them, so that means the demand for five million dollars worth of ARs was not met. Now the companies will get to make and sell them again for other people to sell in order to meet the demand.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Probably transferred them to FIeld and Stream stores which coincidentally have no problem displaying and selling them.

I hope the local LGS gunstore has expansion plans. I won't step foot in a Walmart,Field and Stream or Dicks. Ganders is out of business here. I have to drive 50-90 miles to get to a semi-decent gunstore.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Freedom of information act?
I don't understand your point.
I really ain't losing any sleep either way. If they took a $5M hit, that's great. I'm sure that Ruger, S&W and the others can replace those guns, and its money in their pockets. If the guns were sent back, they no doubt found their way to another vendor who ain't so self righteous.
We gun nuts didn't gain anything, but we didn't lose anything either.
As far as Dick's, I never spent a dime there that I can recall. I bet I've only been in one of their stores a few times. I admit to buying a couple off F&S, but I haven't spent a dime there either since they showed their true colors.
7mm

I thought you’d said BATFE would have a record of each one or something. Anyway, WGAF. It’s just dicks being dicks.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good point on calling Dick's CEO. On my list for tomorrow.

Also, if they actually did destroy these firearms, there should be an additional cost involved for having them destroyed. How much? What means were used to destroy of these firearms and what was done with the resulting waste?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From my understanding of federal laws the BATFE would absolutely have to be notified of the destruction of any firearm not sold or donated to a final end user.
I have worked in firearms sales and those guns must be accounted for every day at opening and closing. If There's a fire or they're otherwise destroyed, they've got to be "taken out of the system". Someone with an FFL or more experience could probably explain way better than me.
But as I said, those guns most be accounted for until they reach their end user.
Wether a private citizen would be able to access that information I wouldn't know. Like I said, hopefully someone here can enlighten us both.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe it’ll be in that azzholes next book. Would love to see that he violated some firearms law and pay even more.

If a damn police department makes a video of Benchmade carving up rifles I can’t imagine Dick’s would pass on the PR campaign to the same.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I won't spend any money there, even on a real good deal... and that was long before they announced all of this crap...

5 million dollars worth are going to sell anyway.. if not by them, then someone else...

but when they say $5m worth... is that at dealer cost, or retail price....

I am sure the latter, and they are just trying to be heroes and hanging their hats on the leftists and Gay crowd and hope they will pull their financial disposition to a turnaround..... by pulling it out of their asses...

but I wouldn't have taken one of those firearms from Dick's even if THE DICKS were giving it to me for free....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
From my understanding of federal laws the BATFE would absolutely have to be notified of the destruction of any firearm not sold or donated to a final end user.
I have worked in firearms sales and those guns must be accounted for every day at opening and closing. If There's a fire or they're otherwise destroyed, they've got to be "taken out of the system". Someone with an FFL or more experience could probably explain way better than me.
But as I said, those guns most be accounted for until they reach their end user.
Wether a private citizen would be able to access that information I wouldn't know. Like I said, hopefully someone here can enlighten us both.
7mm

Yep. If LEO Departments destroys any confiscated guns the have, they’ve got to notify ATF and provide serial numbers

Be ironic if Dick’s failed to do so and they get fined BIG TIME !
Or better yet, shut down !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Chlinstructor: Wouldn't that be "justice" - the "dick's" folks getting their asses in a wringer for "destroying" their own property!
He-he.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (1eyedmule, 21, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 69 invisible), 3,932 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,759
Posts18,535,662
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.