Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
erich Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm setting up my bow for coyote hunting and have had problems being consistent shooting from a seat having to turn different directions. I put a Holo sight on it and it seems to make big difference as I no longer need to have the anchor point or head in the same position, just be able to get the dot on the target.

Anyone have more experience with these that could add there experience with a Holo sight on a bow.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
GB1

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I don't think this is going to work the way you think it will. Try shooting it and let us know.

I'm curious to see how you've mounted it though.

One problem that I could see over a more traditional bow sight is the drop. Holosights designed for guns might have a dot that covers 8" at 100 yards, and you only get one point of aim. At bow hunting distances you're covering a lot of the animal and your precision will go to pot as a result.

Your draw hand will not be in the same position laterally which will affect your left to right. Even the bow's tilt vertically could be off some and you'll still see the holo.

Shoot it and let us know how it goes but I am not sure you will like the results.

erich Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I shot it this afternoon and it seems to be just the ticket. The sight has 4 different reticles one of which is a dot with a circle around it and four cross hairs projecting out from the circle. the dot covers about 2" at 25 yards and the circle about 8 or 9 inches I have the dot set for twenty five yards and can use the bottom of the circle and the junction of the bottom crosshair for longer distances and the top for shorter in other words just about a three pin sight. I tried shooting from many different angles and keeping the bow fairly vertical it will hit where the dot is on the target. I think it will be a winner, no longer need to have everything lined up just see the dot and put it on the target.

They make a mount for a bow to go on in place of the sights. Not a great pic but if you need more I can spend a little time and do a better job.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Make mine a Minaska

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
What sight are you using?

erich Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It is a Fayachi, I found it on Amazon, It is fairly inexpensive which was Ideal for experimenting with. It did have good reviews but the most important thing is all the adjustments and the battery compartment are on the left side of the sight so I can access everything, the mount and the riser cover the right side.

Make mine a Minaska

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Thanks for the info. I have been thinking about putting a red dot on one of my bows. Seems like it would be great for those of us with ageing eyes.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
from experence I bought a horton couple of years ago junk sold it on craigs list bought a 10 point wow

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

637 members (1moredeer, 1minute, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 64 invisible), 3,189 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,381
Posts18,469,547
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.