Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
something smaller and maneuverable, preferably not too much recoil in case a woman needs to shoot it. I set us up a youth 870 20ga with mag extention, 7+1 and I have a shell holder on side. 000 buck.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cv540
Anyone have any experience with a Bennelli Nova Tactical? Was looking at one and the sights looked first rate.

Had one back in the day. Out of the many dozens of guns I have ever owned, if that one wasn't the highest ratio of perceived quality to price, it was close to the top. Very sturdy, well-conceived and manufactured gun. The sights were definitely first rate. A heavy gun, but for HD that's probably a plus. The "big" complaint at the time was that the forearms rattled, which gives you an idea of the nits that had to be picked to find a negative.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Anyone have any experience with a Bennelli Nova Tactical? Was looking at one and the sights looked first rate.

Yes. This is probably the best bang-for-your-buck home defense shotgun available. I still prefer the Beretta 1301 or the Benelli M2 or M4; however, as pumps go, the Nova or Super Nova Tactical are really tough to beat.

I've had the Benelli M1 Super 90 tactical shotgun for about ten years. No flies on it, either.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Any shotgun is a badass in a home defense situation. As a long time paramedic, I worked 14 cases of close range shotgun injury to the torso.
Well, one was to the neck, that was a .410
All the rest were 20 gauge or 12 gauge. All these were bird shot, number 8 or maybe number 6.
All 14 patients went to the morgue.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

Yes. This is probably the best bang-for-your-buck home defense shotgun available. I still prefer the Beretta 1301 or the Benelli M2 or M4; however, as pumps go, the Nova or Super Nova Tactical are really tough to beat.

I've had the Benelli M1 Super 90 tactical shotgun for about ten years. No flies on it, either.

You bet. The precursor to the M2 and M4 and, when you find it, much more affordable.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Any shotgun is a badass in a home defense situation. As a long time paramedic, I worked 14 cases of close range shotgun injury to the torso.
Well, one was to the neck, that was a .410
All the rest were 20 gauge or 12 gauge. All these were bird shot, number 8 or maybe number 6.
All 14 patients went to the morgue.

This is my line of thinking as well. Anybody getting shot center mass with any shotgun at close range is not likely to be around to repeat stupid behavior.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I once shot a doe in the head at about 25ft with 12ga buckshot. What a mess that was.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My home defense shotgun is an AR 15

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Fox 311 12ga SxS, 20" barrels.

Has been the "on the road" gun a few times where handguns weren't kosher. Breaks down/reassembles in moments, packs easily in luggage. Ya I know there's better choices but I just like it, and when it come to deterring bad guys prob'ly ain't much more effective than them staring into the business end of those two gaping muzzles.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by saskfox
What is the best home defense shotgun. I have several sporting shotguns. A neighbor 6 miles west had a scare a couple weeks ago. I never used to lock my doors but I do now. It would take law enforcement a minimum of 45 minutes to get to my place. Meth is a huge problem here. Thanks

Got a slug barrel for any of your shotguns? If so, there you go.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by RickyD
What is the best home defense shotgun. I have several sporting shotguns. A neighbor 6 miles west had a scare a couple weeks ago. I never used to lock my doors but I do now. It would take law enforcement a minimum of 45 minutes to get to my place. Meth is a huge problem here. Thanks

Terrible idea if you had neighbors or family in the house. Slugs don't stop for much!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
My vote is Rem 870 in 20 gauge with high brass #6, I don't have to change shells for the problem critters. A load of #6 at close range is not something you wanna deal with.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ask Joe Biden!!!! He knows what is best for all of us!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHZ7zXLvOkY

The lion and tiger might be stronger, but the wolf does not perform in the circus.

NRA Life Member
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
H&K Benelli Montefeltro Super 90 with a cut-down barrel. 12 gauge of course.

P

Why "12g of course" ?

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Remington 870 Youth in 20 ga. Not too short for large folks, size and recoil easily handled by smaller statured folks, and even 7/8oz of shot is going to seriously mess up a bad guy's day.

Even with an improved choke, pattern spread is going to be less than 1' diameter at distances you would find inside most homes.

Ed

This is certainly one of the best. Especially if there's a wife in the house.
Many (including myself) also like the Marlin Lever guns. They are handy in 38/357mag, 44 special/44mag, and 45 Colt.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
H&K Benelli Montefeltro Super 90 with a cut-down barrel. 12 gauge of course.

P

Why "12g of course" ?

Because I’m a man.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
870 with a 10 round mag tube for 11 all up, don't need a light or anything else hanging off it, just a simple little green bead glowing back at me, load is 2-3/4" Winchester with 20 pellets of copper plated #1 buck, that said, it'd be the last thing I'd grab, REPR 308 or AR-15 with Lehigh's or 62gr TSX's first.

Trump Won!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Originally Posted by RickyD

Terrible idea if you had neighbors or family in the house. Slugs don't stop for much!

I didn't mean to shoot slugs, just that a slug barrel is much easier to swing in close quarters. They shoot buck shot or bird shot, too.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by gunner500
870 with a 10 round mag tube for 11 all up, don't need a light or anything else hanging off it, just a simple little green bead glowing back at me, load is 2-3/4" Winchester with 20 pellets of copper plated #1 buck, that said, it'd be the last thing I'd grab, REPR 308 or AR-15 with Lehigh's or 62gr TSX's first.

Gunner, why no light?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by gunner500

Gunner, why no light?

mike r

I have a chit ton of small lights on throughout this place at night, no one knows your place better than you, plus, I don't want anything leading back to me.

Trump Won!
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1beaver_shooter, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 66 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,446
Posts18,470,944
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.