Campfire Ranger
Someone clue me in here.
Is it illegal to shoot over a handicapped parking space? grin

"Chances Will Be Taken"

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
It was an interesting discussion, but, like many discussions on this forum, it has slid off into the Campfire Septic Tank.

I'd say it's in the top 10 all time whizzing matches. Quite an accomplishment, considering some of the others we've had! blush
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
It was an interesting discussion, but, like many discussions on this forum, it has slid off into the Campfire Septic Tank.

I'd say it's in the top 10 all time whizzing matches. Quite an accomplishment, considering some of the others we've had! blush
7mm
I'm not sure it even rates the top 100.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I'm not sure it even rates the top 100.

WHAT???? How dare you disagree with me?
You dirty so and so..... I bet your Mom wears combat boots! grin
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by smokepole

Act like you, but in person.

I don't recall arguing with your partner.

but obviously something else has upset you in the CF cyberworld.

Upset? Hardly. Just a low tolerance for sanctimonious bloviation.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by johnw
Someone clue me in here.
Is it illegal to shoot over a handicapped parking space? grin

not if trh is the mayor...…..bob

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Seriously?? hr shot HIM THE BACK and you are claiming he might have been stunned? lol. The guy on the ground got his ego (in addition to his ASS) kicked, so he shot him IN THE BACK.

Please back up your claim, upon which rests your entire argument, that the attacker was shot in the back. That's not what I see in the video.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by gunner500
I may have said something bad about a bulldog and got put on ignore ; ]

What makes you think I have you on ignore??

Wishful thinking?

Don't confuse generally being thought not worth responding to with being on someone's ignore list.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I won't, as long as you promise not to confuse a humorous remark with a serious comment.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thought at the time that it wasn't that big a deal initially and wondered how it would turn out. I do think if this had happened before Travon or that Brown kid he would have walked. If acquitted there would have been riots and the DA knew that. That guy did something I try not to do when I carry. Situational awareness keeps my last resort right in the concealed holster where I hope it always stays. If some guy pushed me down it most likely would have stayed right where it is. I wonder whether losing his temper had anything to do with it. I guess he will have some time to think it all through.

living the good life every day
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Honest serious question,
When should John Marvin Weed have produced his weapon?
When should he have fired a round?
He is dead.

Good point.

No one wants to discuss this.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Honest serious question,
When should John Marvin Weed have produced his weapon?
When should he have fired a round?
He is dead.

Good point.

No one wants to discuss this.

Because the sad truth is that had he done so, and saved his life, he'd likely be in prison, and there would be many Campfire members saying he deserves it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I admit I don't know the details of the case you sight. I know he was killed by two young thugs who attacked him, but other than that, not much. Was he even carrying at the time?
I just don't see the connection between the two incidents.
Weed was sucker punched by two thugs, but Drejka seems to me to be the guy who had a hammer and went around looking for nails to pound.
7mm

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I admit I don't know the details of the case you sight. I know he was killed by two young thugs who attacked him, but other than that, not much. Was he even carrying at the time?
Weed was sucker punched by two thugs, but Drejka seems to me to be the guy who had a hammer and went around looking for nails to pound.
7mm

You speak as though carrying a firearm means you forfeit your right (some would say, civic duty) to confront miscreants. He didn't wave his gun around while talking to the scofflaw in the car. It remained in his pocket.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
The problem with carrying in today’s world is people simply forgot how to take an occasional azz whippin.

Does this .405 Winchester make my butt look big?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LovesLevers
The problem with carrying in today’s world is people simply forgot how to take an occasional azz whippin.

I hope that is tongue in cheek.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
7mm

You speak as though carrying a firearm means you forfeit your right (some would say, civic duty) to confront miscreants. He didn't wave his gun around while talking to the scofflaw in the car. It remained in his pocket.

I'd say you forfeit your right to shoot miscreants as they are backing away.

Whether you want to "confront miscreants" or not while carrying is up to you.

Personally, when I'm carrying I try to avoid any kind of confrontation over trivial matters (like a parking violation or a guy in traffic cutting me off) that I know might escalate. Because I don't want to be involved with shooting some stupid SOB, even if he deserves it.

Juries are a wild card that I don't want to bet my freedom on over such a trivial matter. Not to mention the thought of being "that guy" who killed someone over a parking space that I didn't even need to use.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TRH, are you overlooking that Drejka had four prior incidents reported to police for berating or threatening people who hadn't met his standards driving or parking?
In two of these incidents he either threatened to use a gun or pulled the gun.
And these are only the incidents that were reported to police. Who knows if or how many others went unreported? The guy sounds like a shooting looking for a place to happen.
7mm

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by LovesLevers

I hope that is tongue in cheek.

I hope so. Fists and feet are deadly weapons. More people die from fists and feet attacks than from all rifle murders combined in the US.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
TRH, are you overlooking that Drejka had four prior incidents reported to police for berating or threatening people who hadn't met his standards driving or parking?
In two of these incidents he either threatened to use a gun or pulled the gun.
And these are only the incidents that were reported to police. Who knows if or how many others went unreported? The guy sounds like a shooting looking for a place to happen.
7mm

You don't know the actual details of any of those situations, and they are irrelevant to the actual events of the incident in question. The only way any of that would be relevant would be if the black guy shot him in self-defense, and then asserted that he was aware of his reputation for violence within the context of illegally parking in handicapped spaces.

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

269 members (1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 204guy, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 37 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,048
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.