Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yeah....and a Coke used to cost a dime too!

I am MAGA.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by walt501
The close to geriatric group that posts here on the Fire would have good luck with any machine because their version of of off-roading is running up and down a trail and waving at the grand kids as they go by. So for them, any machine is going to be reliable ANY machine.

But -

If you plan on going where is gets rough, like dropping your machine into hidden sink holes multiple times in one day and having to winch yourself out, then a Honda isn't going to cut it. I know because I've done it on my Honda Rincon. At 3200 miles it took over $700 to fix all the problems. Reliable? Only if you wave at the grand kids - see above.

For riding in and through the rough stuff, there is only one machine that can really handle it. Polaris. I own a Sportsman 850 and I can tell you - from experience - that it can do what the others can't.

I encourage you to watch all the mud pit videos you like on YouTube and over and over again you'll see there is one brand that can make it through the pit. Polaris.

And since you want to buy American and keep your money working in America, a goal of the President YOU voted for, there is only one brand that has its headquarters in the USA and also has its stock listed on the NYSE. Polaris.

I like Honda’s ,but have faith in Yamaha and Kawasaki (mule) as well. I believe Polaris is a pile of junk however.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by aalf

I sold my original 1988 Foreman, that I bought new back in the day, earlier this summer:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from oi256.photobucket.com]

And bought a new 2019 Foreman FM1 on closeout, which is the base model with manual shift & solid rear axle:

I was looking at a Rancher first with power steering & electronic shift, but then stepped up to the Foreman for the bigger motor, better bumpers, and locking front differential. I went with bare bones for the less chance of schitt to go wrong in the future. Would have gone carbureted if given the option.

How dare you buy another Honda after all those rough years of ownership?laughing

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
How dare you buy another Honda after all those rough years of ownership?laughing

I know....tough call.....

Sold the old one for $2500 too....

So the upgrade was quite affordable, especially when they threw $1200 off retail on the new one, & no freight or setup charges, which adds $700 or more at some places........

https://kenssports.com/dx1inventory/a53ba03f-908d-4822-afd0-a9c4000512a4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Yeah....and a Coke used to cost a dime too!

Of course that's just a rumor for you....I remember dime drafts...... grin

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
My immediate family has been riding Hondas since the 185 three wheelers dad and one uncle bought in about 1982 or so. They upgraded to 250SX three wheelers in 1985. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if those two 250SXs had over 30k apiece on them before they were parked for good. Dad gave his away in 2007 and the guy continued to ride it checking cows and fixing fence for at least 5 more years.
Grandad tried a Kawasaki and an uncle tried a Suzuki, both briefly since neither would start reliably in the cold.
Everyone went to Hondas by about 1994 or so and have had literally zero breakdowns. Nothing but oil, batteries, and tires. 6 Recons, 1 200 FourTrax, and 5 Ranchers.

One uncle and 4 cousins are Polaris guys. The new rigs from Polaris are way better than the old 80’s and 90’s models they all had. But they’re still junk in comparison to the Hondas.

We have one Bombardier Traxter we all split the cost of a $100 raffle ticket for and won. It’s a stump puller with full time 4x4, locked diffs, and a winch. But it’s always been hard starting and rides like a freight wagon. I have to pull the rear cover off to replace the starter clutch currently but haven’t made the time. It’s been a decent machine but I wouldn’t dream of buying another.

If I don’t end up buying a Pioneer 500 I will probably buy a manual shift solid axle 2wd Rancher in the next couple years. I think people overestimate the capability of a lightweight 2wd machine. There’s only been one place in the areas we frequent in CO that the Bombardier or my Cousin’s 800 Polaris would go that I couldn’t get on a 250 Recon. And no places they could get that I couldn’t on a 2wd Rancher. I’ve also hauled out half a bull elk or a whole buck muley on a Recon multiple times including last fall.

Last edited by TheKid; 10/13/19.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Honda Rancher. My Honda Rancher is a 2016 with the solid rear axle. My second choice after a Honda would be a Yamaha.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
2016 Polaris H.O. 450 owner here...It's a great machine and I don't even ride around with a sack on my head. smile

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Sam convinced me to stay with the Yamaha. Glad I did. It's a 2010 with only 2000 miles so I am obligated to put a bunch more miles on it. I expect to put some more on this next week out hunting.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by N2TRKYS
I've always had Suzuki. Actually, still using a '99 model. Kept hearing how awesome Hondas are, so I bought a Foreman 500. I wish I had bought another Suzuki.

I have the 400 King Quad. It fills all of my needs. My next one will be the 500 King Quad with power steering.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
98 honda 4 trax. Poor bastard has been wrecked hard enough I had to replace the frame. Cant remember the last time I changed the oil and as long as the battery is kept up always starts always goes. Looks like hell but Is reliable. Done thing that I never thought possible on it. Would buy honda again.

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (257Bob, 163bc, 160user, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 54 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,784
Posts18,477,205
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.