Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I understand boomer.....I've got one lure. A man has to be freaking retarded to think he needs more.

laugh

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ziess monocular; light, compact and easy to carry around. Great optics.

https://www.dccameras.com.au/carl-z...1eaY5QIVyxErCh0k0gDNEAQYAyABEgJ6svD_BwE.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by FatCity67
What kind of dickhead would say you don't need glass in dense woods?

Go tell that to any esteemed professional hunter.

Should have said binoculars, my scope would suffice.

Don’t give me that bullshit that I wouldn’t know what I was looking at through my scope, it could be human. Save it.

I’d still have my only one tho.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Jeff_O-type obtuseness on display here. Congrats - it's a grueling feat to reach that summit.

WWP53D
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Scoping... reminds me of an elk hunt where there was three hunters for two of us to take out. Plan was to ambush the elk coming out of a huge meadow, we weren't the only ones. 4 or 5 other groups were spread out around the edges. Not my way to hunt elk, more like dove hunting, but it's what they wanted to do. I met my hunter for the first time that morning in the dark, my plan was to hike into a big pond and wait till light.

My hunter was a nice guy, hadn't hunted much and his first elk hunt, small talked waiting for light.

I've got my 15s set up on the tripod and it starts getting grey. It gets lighter and the elk start moving. None are moving our way yet but headed towards our other hunters and more groups. There was a group of bulls a half mile out headed to all those hunters, we were the only ones at our location, I'm saying, 'they might hit those hunters and turn back to us'.

I'm locked on them and calling play by play... 'there's 6 bulls, 2 are decent 6s, 1 is broken on the left, they are headed for our guys, I can see our hunters and there's another group of hunters to their left and another over there, ect...

The guy say's, I can see our group and yep there's another, and the others... I can't see the elk very well it's too far... I glance over and he's scoping to see...

WHOA!!!!... I grab his barrel and jerk it up... he say's 'what the hell'... I ask, 'don't you have binos'? He say's yes and pulls out of his front pocket foldup tascos, but I can see better out of my scope. Now this guy had a brand new truck with a brand new side x side that never got unloaded, but had walmart tascos he probably used at football games.

What's the big deal?

You saw all those hunters... and they can see us... if they were looking at us while you were scoping them, they may come over and whoop our ass... and we would deserve it... I hiked him out.

One of our hunters killed a 4pt from that group of elk, I got my hunter an elk that afternoon in a hole of mine in the forest away from other hunters, our last hunter killed a 6 out of the meadow the next morning.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
It's been probably 10 years since I've researched binos seriously, but here's some observations from seeing the younger hunters buying and selling, always changing it seems. Optics are a big deal for us coues hunters and it's a good testing ground for the good, bad and great.

Vortex has a big following but I see some inconsistencies with their owners. A few years ago the 12x50 razors were all the rage for tripod glassing... had to have them, sell the swaros buy the razor. And then a bunch were back up for sale in the classifieds. I asked my young buddy that had to have them why he then put them up for sale?... well I just want to find something different... no one actually bad mouths them as they want their money back in resale, but they sure sell a bunch of used ones... to buy the latest swaros.

Lots of binos in the classifieds on the local coues deer site, why do they use Vortex quality to compare to their less expensive bino... here's an exert from a recent add, it's the norm and the same comparisons were used in this thread...

'Newest model Cabela’s Euro Instinct HD binoculars less than a year old. They are the 10x42 model and made by Meopta. I love these binos but bought some Swaro SLCs and no longer need them. The glass quality, in my opinion, is better than my Vortex Razors.'

For each model vortex there is a less expensive alternative, hundreds less, at least in the eyes of those that bought them.

On the other hand, Chinese Zen ray... they were really pushed as HD, less expensive, great binos for the price, comparable to the high enders, on and on... Ton of people bought them because of the hype. What happened? they are gone now, along with some others.

I would be careful buying new company binos because of hype... Vortex would be a better bet in that case.

Binos are getting like computers and cell phones... the newest latest must haves and 6 months later it's another direction. I'm glad I'm to old to want to change what I have, I'm way behind the times and worthless in what's the fads now.

Kent

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Has Bushnell ever won best of anything in a price class?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Probably the 29.99 scope/bino class...

Kent

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Don’t give me that bullshit that I wouldn’t know what I was looking at through my scope, it could be human. Save it.

Are you truly serious?

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw

Thanks Kingston I think that makes the point as well as anything could.

I used to think like SB but tried some compact 7.5xs one time and it made a believer of me.

Great tips here fellas I marked those Athalons. I have a very nice pair of Vortex 8x42mm but they’re huge and bulky for sitting in a deer stand in tight cover; great for sitting on a western hillside with a tripod. Gonna get me a pair of those Athalons!

Hope everyone has a great weekend,

Efw

Optics have just plain improved. Two things I found is that dielectric coatings have made roofs palatable to me as far as brightness goes -and like you have been leaving my bigger 8x42's at home in favor of the Zen Ray 8x32's. The second thing might be that my eyes are now years older so maybe the larger exit pupil is less of a factor.

For some silly reason- and this forum maybe- I am always interested in something new. Just have yet to find the ZR's lacking in any way to justify a new toy. Easy to tote, good adjustments, view and brightness all are just working for me.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

LRTSi.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Nikon Monarchs are pretty good

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by BayouRover

Are you truly serious?

Him and Ringman could have some stellar optics chats....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

LRTSi.

Beating Nightforce?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

LRTSi.

Beating Nightforce?

At the price I paid, I would not have been able to get a Nightforce. Elites have always been pretty competitive IMO. But, I digress from the topic at hand, the ultimate $300 binocular.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by BayouRover

Are you truly serious?

Him and Ringman could have some stellar optics chats....

I've never found riflesopes to be that handy at scanning around in the brush for critters....

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by SKane

Jeff_O-type obtuseness on display here. Congrats - it's a grueling feat to reach that summit.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lol, I don’t glass people with a scoped rifle. I didn’t say I did, I just expected one of you to come back with that crap.

Maybe someone will manufacture a range finder that tells you what binoculars you should be using!

KACHING! laugh

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Thing is, you really don't know if there's a person in the brush or not. Hence scanning with a rifle mounted optic is stupid chit man.

ChaaaaChing.

Ohhh, I originally got that gif thinking of Trystan... No offense intended.

--- Kid Rock 2022

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Leupold Yosemitie's are exceptional for the price

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

LRTSi.

Beating Nightforce?

At the price I paid, I would not have been able to get a Nightforce. Elites have always been pretty competitive IMO. But, I digress from the topic at hand, the ultimate $300 binocular.

Please tell us what class your Bushnell scope wins.

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 66 invisible), 2,367 guests, and 1,455 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,167
Posts18,484,520
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.