Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Dess
Protect your Rights. Starting with your Right to Privacy.

The DNA kit is a Pandora's box that cannot be undone. DNA is a great tool until it's used improperly and used as a weapon against you.

This.
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by WTF
No phuggin way.

DITTO!

X1000

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
100% knuckle dragging, hairy backed, dick swinging son of a bîtch.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'm 75% Hagar the Horrible and 25% Dilbert.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I did it. No real surprises. My family has traced much of our ancestral tree back to Europe on many different branches. According to the Census records, that we know about, I am about 0.40% Native American from a many great Grandmother. (Yeah jfruser, that is very close to 0%, I have no clue if the records are correct because people didn't just start lying and there was a tax advantage to marrying an indian at the time. I have never claimed to have native american heritage, even though I can knapp a pretty mean arrowhead) That small of a % wouldn't be likely to show up anywhere in a DNA test and it didn't surprise me that it didn't. The DNA test did show up some relatives that would have been very difficult to find any other way. I was very surprised that those relatives were located and the relationship correctly identified. I did find out that a twin brother that I always thought was fraternal is actually identical. Ancestry thinks my children and his children are siblings...and that we are the same person. There is something to this DNA test that is very accurate.

Harry
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
This brings to mind that old joke where a guy sends in a mix-n-match sample to the miracle diagnosis urine test lab and the results come back:

1. Your wife has the clap.

2. Your 13 year old daughter is pregnant.

3. Your son is gay.

4. Your dog has fleas.

5. If you quit jacking off so much your tennis elbow will clear up.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
No.

Ain't gonna either. That'd be like me giving my credit card info to you guys. I don't trust the mofo's.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Anybody that wears fugged up looking glasses like that.....I can't give 'em much credibility on any subject , except maybe circus clownery.

Mike

He stole the idea from Al Roker, ever see those snorkeling goggles lookin' things he wears? A different color every day. He went a little off the rails when he lost his buddy Matt Lauer the rapist.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I already know I’m descended from Scottish sheep shaggers, French pork miners, German kohlrabi mongers, and an entire hosts of other religious fanatics.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
gott mine done with 23 and also ancestry. they were very near identical in results. of course, courthouse lawyers use dna results also.

have got far less american indian than the stories go, especially on my mom's side. the results just weren't there, except a trace.

have got a little over 1200 distant cousins. i know some 6 of the total listing. and so it goes.

have some close cousins adopted under closed records. we have to believe the dna or not.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
No, have not done it. Do not intend to.

Sometimes one hears of interesting results where brothers discover they are only half, or fathers discover 20 + year old kids are really not theirs. Surprises abound! Do you really wish to surprised?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I decided to pass, no thanks.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I paid 23andme.com a hundred bucks to run my DNA. Worth every penny. I am primarily Irish, Scottish, and Welsh, with some German and Danish.
Also, I am a little more Indian than Elizabeth Warren, I am one tenth of one percent Indian.

Also, to my delight, I am 3 percent Neanderthal, and I have some of the highest Neanderthal DNA ever tested for.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Here is my family get-together in back in the cave in Scotland in 43,341 BC. I am the kid right front with the rock.
We had such a wonderful Christmas that year.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i did the ancestory.com test and the results pretty much confirmed what i knew. which was exhaustive research going back to about 800a.m. in northern germany, scotland, and croatian/slovakian.
it did give me some contacts in scotland which i would have not known about.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
No, have not done it. Do not intend to.

Sometimes one hears of interesting results where brothers discover they are only half, or fathers discover 20 + year old kids are really not theirs. Surprises abound! Do you really wish to surprised?

My saintly skydiving Mom, fervently identifying as a Brit, always made fun of the Irish.

Got my DNA results in, 79% Irish from County Cork, means my Mom has to be at least 58% Irish too grin

19% English from the Midlands, 2% Swedish.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I paid 23andme.com a hundred bucks to run my DNA. Worth every penny. I am primarily Irish, Scottish, and Welsh, with some German and Danish.
Also, I am a little more Indian than Elizabeth Warren, I am one tenth of one percent Indian.

Also, to my delight, I am 3 percent Neanderthal, and I have some of the highest Neanderthal DNA ever tested for.

Here is my family get-together in back in the cave in Scotland in 43,341 BC. I am the kid right front with the rock.
We had such a wonderful Christmas that year.

dang it! get a rope and hang'em.

i'm only 2 percent neanderthal. i'm kinda disappointed to tell ya the truth.

plenty of scotti in my blood. back from when scotland was a heavily forested country.

these tests might not be accurate to the 17 decimal point level. but they are good indicators.

i thought i'd have some askinadze hebrew in my bloodlines, but not according to either test. nada.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I haven't done it, but would.

The fbi already has my dna.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got results and then they updated those results and changed all of my percentages, eliminating many of the original claims. Mostly Irish and Welsh with some French. First reading included a bunch of Italian and they revised that to zero. they relied heavily on relatives, obviously.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Here is my family get-together in back in the cave in Scotland in 43,341 BC.

Or in Glasgow last year. grin

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Raeford
One brother did it, he also gave as Christmas gifts to both parents.
All three shared their results with my other brother and myself.

I am GTG........without giving anything out.

Changed their lives and yours knowing didn't it.. NOT... I have NO clue what the purpose of this is.

And if I dont know some of my relatives, seems like a GOOD thing to me.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I must say, in the past several years I have heard about some 25 year old gal, calling up some 60 year old guy, who she had never spoken to before, and saying "Hello, Daddy!"

I must say I am a prime candidate for that, but so far it has not happened to me.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

344 members (257_X_50, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 260Remguy, 41 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,860
Posts18,478,571
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.