Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 43 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 42 43
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'm another cyclist. All those that have attitudes toward cyclists have attitudes about every other thing too. They don't want to change because they don't care about anything except what they have already chosen to care about.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The hardest part of passing Birdie is getting around that gigantic sun hat.

Its at least 6 feet across.

Suck it up Buttercup, I pay taxes too. And it’s called a “sombrero” you culturally insensitive Eskimo-privileged Duckweed.

¡Olé!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Backroads
When your recreational pastime is to impede traffic by moving a full 50mph under the posted speed limit on a highway with 12 inches of pavement outside the white line, you might be an azzhole.
Got a bike lane? Mountain bike? All good.

I have never experienced difficulty going around a cyclist. If you experience difficulty, maybe it's you?

Not so fast you cycling beaver rapist....I lived on an island for years that provided a scenery of farmland and wildlife. It was almost a daily situation for me to have to deal with spandex wearing, sponsored riders who would ride side x side taking up the two lane road.

Slow down, follow behind, lightly tap the horn to try to persuade some of the riders to ride single file while I passed. The County even put up signs with a picture of a bicycle and to ride single file.

A lot of riders were great, but a significant number of them required words of encouragement to move...Some cyclists are no different than some drivers...Dumb Fùcks! 😎

PS

I miss your rainbow beaver rodeo avatar.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I have found road bicyclists are often snobbish and elitists. To put it nicely.

They quite often do not obey traffic laws. Don't know how many times I have been say at a 4 way stop intersection just to see them go on through. And have seen when they do this, if the car that had the right of way proceeds after stopping, they get flipped off by the bicyclist because they proceeded even though the bicyclist should have stopped. They run red lights. It's like they use traffic laws at times for their convienence to the point of indignation and when traffic laws are inconvenient for them, they disregard the traffic laws and they are ok with it. It's seems as though they see themselves as "special" because they are on a bike.

And those wide shoulders along a road they are supposed to ride on. You know, the ones they get to ride on paid for by fuel taxes which of course that bicycle didn't pay for. You know, even when they have that say 4 to 8 foot wide shoulder, they still ride next to the white line. When I ask why they do that, they say it's because the shoulders have small rocks, debris, and broken glass. So they call the local transportation department to clean the shoulders more often sometimes requesting it weekly. And you guessed it - those shoulders are swept with funding from that fuel tax again. They get the benefits of all these shoulders but pay for none of it.

And let's not even get into why bicyclist ride several abreast beyond that shoulder area to the point they are riding out in the travel lane. And get pissed off if you go around them kinda close. As mentioned, they are "special" so we should all yield to them.

Mountain bikers are a little better, but they too their own set of issues. I don't know how many times I have nearly been run over while hiking because some mountain biker didn't want to yield to a pedestrian. Yet pedestrians have the right of way. Across many places, they have restricted motorized travel (say a quad), but are creating mountain bike trails. Yet actually those mountain bike trails are often very destructive to the environment because they cause erosion - the same erosion that Is cited by environmental groups saying quads cause erosion and are therefore restricted. The ground pressure by a bike tire is much much more than a quad with its ballon tires. Those bike trails can get feet deep in spots causing altered water flow and scour. Yet mountain bikes can go wherever they want to go in a forest. And yep, as mentioned above, they don't pay for any of those trails.

No, generally, don't think much of bicyclists.

I'd feel better about bicyclists if they would pay their way for what they are using and also abided by traffic laws instead of flipping back and forth with those laws depending on their convenience and with their attitude of "I'm special so get outta my way."

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Did you ever consider that those cyclists you claim don't pay fuel taxes more than likely also own and drive motor vehicles?

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by JGray
Did you ever consider that those cyclists you claim don't pay fuel taxes more than likely also own and drive motor vehicles?

Prius drivers....the lot of em.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

don't let Bernard bull schidt any of you........

this is him in southern Utah filming U Tube vid's..........

his girl friend in diaper is waiting at the bottom..........

grin

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I'm another cyclist. All those that have attitudes toward cyclists have attitudes about every other thing too. They don't want to change because they don't care about anything except what they have already chosen to care about.

Oh brother, yet another smug post from a cyclist 🙄

Could it be one of the things they have chosen to care about is not running your a$$ over and all the multitudes of difficulties that would bring for all concerned?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

so if I have 4 trucks...I only have to pay ins...taxes...etc on 1?........bob

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

Yes, I have.

They pay fuel taxes when they drive a gas or diesel powered vehicle. But when they are riding on their bike, on that shoulder, or that trail through the woods or along that river, that bike didn't pay for any of what they are riding on. Something else did.

I would love if someone else paid for a travel lane just for me so I don't have to deal with rush hour traffic. And when I complain that my special lane is getting dirty, the ones that paid for my special lane gotta come over and take care of it. And I don't have to pay anything for my special lane.

But not only is that messed up, they have the gall to act like what they got for free is some sort of right or entitlement that they are owed. And complain about its condition. So I gotta get outta their way.

That is very messed up.

Last edited by flagstaff; 10/20/19.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
IC B3

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
That mountain bike video is RAD, and scary as hell.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Walla Walla Wa. just spent a butt load of money rebuilding a stretch of road that a bicycler was hit and killed on. They widened it and put a wide concrete bike lane on one side of the road for the bikes. Millions of dollars spent on this project. After it was completed officials noticed and after receiving many complaints the bikes were not using the bike path but were still riding in the road. The bicyclist stated that they did not like riding over the concrete joints. So the city went back in and on the opposite side of the road they expanded the shoulder and made an asphalt bike path for them. Low and behold they still wont use the new bike path because they feel unsafe riding that close to the bank. i was visiting with one of the landowners beside the new stretch of road that farms ground and when they installed the entryways into the fields they go into the field a ways to get the correct slope and now he has to farm around the entryways.He has also been told not to spray any chemicals on his crops if there is a possibility that there may be bike traffic going by. Personally I have no use for people who ride bikes on the road, they think they own the road and are a hazard.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let me have it?
Your dong a good job all by yourself

The picture of you the people around you and whatever that other person is tells us about all we need to know about you

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
That mountain bike video is RAD, and scary as hell.

A useful reminder of how tough and daring I’m not.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Backroads
When your recreational pastime is to impede traffic by moving a full 50mph under the posted speed limit on a highway with 12 inches of pavement outside the white line, you might be an azzhole.
Got a bike lane? Mountain bike? All good.

I have never experienced difficulty going around a cyclist. If you experience difficulty, maybe it's you?

Oh geeze Paul, OF COURSE I have “experienced difficulty going around a cyclist”, who hasn’t besides yourself?

Such smug declarations are a big part of what makes bicyclists so unpopular among the rest of us.

All in all its about the same as passing a pedestrian in the roadway, and jaywalking is illegal for a reason.

It's the truth. I have had to slow for a curve or two. That's about the extent of it.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by flagstaff
I have found road bicyclists are often snobbish and elitists. To put it nicely.

They quite often do not obey traffic laws. Don't know how many times I have been say at a 4 way stop intersection just to see them go on through. And have seen when they do this, if the car that had the right of way proceeds after stopping, they get flipped off by the bicyclist because they proceeded even though the bicyclist should have stopped. They run red lights. It's like they use traffic laws at times for their convienence to the point of indignation and when traffic laws are inconvenient for them, they disregard the traffic laws and they are ok with it. It's seems as though they see themselves as "special" because they are on a bike.

And those wide shoulders along a road they are supposed to ride on. You know, the ones they get to ride on paid for by fuel taxes which of course that bicycle didn't pay for. You know, even when they have that say 4 to 8 foot wide shoulder, they still ride next to the white line. When I ask why they do that, they say it's because the shoulders have small rocks, debris, and broken glass. So they call the local transportation department to clean the shoulders more often sometimes requesting it weekly. And you guessed it - those shoulders are swept with funding from that fuel tax again. They get the benefits of all these shoulders but pay for none of it.

And let's not even get into why bicyclist ride several abreast beyond that shoulder area to the point they are riding out in the travel lane. And get pissed off if you go around them kinda close. As mentioned, they are "special" so we should all yield to them.

Mountain bikers are a little better, but they too their own set of issues. I don't know how many times I have nearly been run over while hiking because some mountain biker didn't want to yield to a pedestrian. Yet pedestrians have the right of way. Across many places, they have restricted motorized travel (say a quad), but are creating mountain bike trails. Yet actually those mountain bike trails are often very destructive to the environment because they cause erosion - the same erosion that Is cited by environmental groups saying quads cause erosion and are therefore restricted. The ground pressure by a bike tire is much much more than a quad with its ballon tires. Those bike trails can get feet deep in spots causing altered water flow and scour. Yet mountain bikes can go wherever they want to go in a forest. And yep, as mentioned above, they don't pay for any of those trails.

No, generally, don't think much of bicyclists.

I'd feel better about bicyclists if they would pay their way for what they are using and also abided by traffic laws instead of flipping back and forth with those laws depending on their convenience and with their attitude of "I'm special so get outta my way."

What makes you think bicyclists don't pay their way? Local and county roads are built and maintained largely with the ad valorem taxes cyclists pay. Gas taxes have fallen way short of funding state and federal roadways for many years. General tax funds, which bicyclists pay, fund much of roadways these days.

I'll use Crested Butte CO as an example. The Crested Butte Mountain Bike Association built and maintains hundreds of miles of multi use trails. The trails that are in the worst shape are the ones motorcyclists and ATVs use. No motorcycle or ATV group does routine maintenance on the trails. Hiking groups do very little. Almost everywhere I have ever been mountain bikers carry more than there fare share of the maintenance burden.

On roads that are so narrow that a passing motorist has to enter the oncoming lane to pass a cyclist at a safe distance, it has been demonstrated that it is faster for motorists to pass them if they are riding abreast rather than strung out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NGdQDEkWCE

Many studies have found that motorists and bicyclists break the law at about the same rate. When cyclists do it, they create little danger for others. https://usa.streetsblog.org/2018/01...k-traffic-laws-any-more-than-drivers-do/

Your protestations are much ado about nothing.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 10/20/19.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tikkanut

don't let Bernard bull schidt any of you........

this is him in southern Utah filming U Tube vid's..........

his girl friend in diaper is waiting at the bottom..........

grin

That is INSANE!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Oh brother, yet another smug post from a cyclist 🙄

Could it be one of the things they have chosen to care about is not running your a$$ over and all the multitudes of difficulties that would bring for all concerned?

Not running over cyclists hasn't proven much of a challenge to me. Save for an occasional sidewalk or wrong way cyclist, I have never had an issue. I can't say that about my fellow motorists. Dodging idiot motorists is a daily affair for me.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Phucqk bicyclists taking up a whole lane dicking around at 10 mph especially riding two, three, four abreast. Phucqk giving them more clearance than anything else. Don't like it, get off the damned road.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Page 25 of 43 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 42 43

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (222Sako, 1minute, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 68 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,791
Posts18,496,131
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.