Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
,...in Lexington this week. The "teens" are at it again.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Waiting for the Colin Fla......Flarhaty..........Waiting for that Mick to confirm with yet another video.

Well, not really.

Last edited by Jim_Conrad; 10/20/19.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
A few years back, before my wife and I retired, we'd get up in the morning, listen to the Lexington news, and drink coffee. We'd remark about the number of gas stations that were robbed and head out to work. Now, a few years later, never mind the gas stations, you can ponder on the number of shootings/killings. In my opinion, it is part in parcel of the policing strategies in Lexington over the past 20 years. The "hug a thug" mentality has come home to roost.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Hug a Thug" is the current policy here in San Francisco.

I heard that Black Lives matter hired a SF investment firm to manage their plunder- er, donations, and they seem to have a lot of influence here.

It is getting stupider by the day.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
The second time that one house on Carlisle Avenue has been shot up in a drive by.

That neighborhood used to be decent. It was built in the late 30's and has a lot of nice, smaller brick and stone houses.

My wife handled the purchase of a house near there for a young, single woman from out of town, recently. She bought a nice little stone house 3 streets down from where a lot of drive by shootings are taking place.

Realtors have to be very careful what they say to their clients about neighborhoods. It gets into an ethics thing and leaves them liable if somebody wants to make a stink about it.. My wife tried to drop a hint here and there, but the young woman didn't pick up on them.

I wonder what she's thinking about her pretty little 30's era stone Cape Cod now?

https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Drive-by-shooting-injures-man-in-Lexington-563274551.html

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
It simply cannot keep going in the direction it is going. There must be law and there must be order. It will slide to the point that some ugly things will have to happen to bring about respect for the law again. The changes will happen in several areas, but you can bet, changes are coming.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The second time that one house on Carlisle Avenue has been shot up in a drive by.

That neighborhood used to be decent. It was built in the late 30's and has a lot of nice, smaller brick and stone houses.

My wife handled the purchase of a house near there for a young, single woman from out of town, recently. She bought a nice little stone house 3 streets down from where a lot of drive by shootings are taking place.

Realtors have to be very careful what they say to their clients about neighborhoods. It gets into an ethics thing and leaves them liable if somebody wants to make a stink about it.. My wife tried to drop a hint here and there, but the young woman didn't pick up on them.

I wonder what she's thinking about her pretty little 30's era stone Cape Cod now?

https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Drive-by-shooting-injures-man-in-Lexington-563274551.html

No kidding?

Thats insane!

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The good news is, a stone cape cod is better than a double wide when the bullets start flying...

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

No kidding?

Thats insane!

Oh yeah! Realtors have to be very careful. About all they can say, if asked, is, "I'd prefer another neighborhood, personally". But they can't get into any specifics as to why.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
The good news is, a stone cape cod is better than a double wide when the bullets start flying...

That's very true.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It simply cannot keep going in the direction it is going. There must be law and there must be order. It will slide to the point that some ugly things will have to happen to bring about respect for the law again. The changes will happen in several areas, but you can bet, changes are coming.

City Dwellers are getting what they voted for, I can't seem to find any spare givafucks to hand out.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

No kidding?

Thats insane!

Oh yeah! Realtors have to be very careful. About all they can say, if asked, is, "I'd prefer another neighborhood, personally". But they can't get into any specifics as to why.

Well, I guess its up to the buyer to put forward some due diligence.....but Damn! Thats a scary thought.

I am MAGA.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
A few years back, before my wife and I retired, we'd get up in the morning, listen to the Lexington news, and drink coffee. We'd remark about the number of gas stations that were robbed and head out to work. Now, a few years later, never mind the gas stations, you can ponder on the number of shootings/killings. In my opinion, it is part in parcel of the policing strategies in Lexington over the past 20 years. The "hug a thug" mentality has come home to roost.

The city is completely ran by leftists from top to bottom. As you know, I lived there for most of my life (although I wasn't born and raised there)

It's to the point that if you're not a leftist there, you're pretty much made to not feel welcome in a large part of the city.

I didn't realize how bad I had gotten to hate the place until I left it. I'm living among like minded people now. They're not perfect,...but they're not fuggin' leftist idiots.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Well, New York had some luck in the 90's(maybe later?) reducing crime when the more civilized sectors of society decided they'd had enough.

Maybe there is hope for some areas.

Cant come soon enough.

I am MAGA.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

The city is completely ran by leftists from top to bottom. As you know, I lived there for most of my life (although I wasn't born and raised there)

It's to the point that if you're not a leftist there, you're pretty much made to not feel welcome in a large part of the city.

I didn't realize how bad I had gotten to hate the place until I left it. I'm living among like minded people now. They're not perfect,...but they're not fuggin' leftist idiots.

Oh, I know. They have whittled out their own little utopia there. And you are right. If you don't think like they do, you aren't welcome there.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
It's not Chicago,....but the "small town" atmosphere that Lexington had back when I moved there in the 70's is gone.

I assume the same is occurring in a lot of cities that have gone from "large towns" to "mid size cities" in the last 40 years.

Lexington is just the one that I keep up with.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

No kidding?
Thats insane!

Unless a buyer hires and pays a buyer realtor, any realtor represents the seller. That young lady Bristoe's wife went house hunting with was not being represented by his wife. She is acting on behalf of the seller for every house they looked at. Thats why she has to be careful what she says. That's also why a buyer has to be careful what they say to a realtor. If you say offer 200K, but I will pay full price if I have to, but don't tell them that. They are required to tell the buyer you will pay full price.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Paul_M

Unless a buyer hires and pays a buyer realtor, any realtor represents the seller. That young lady Bristoe's wife went house hunting with was not being represented by his wife.

I understand your point and agree that the rules should't be what they are.

The truth of the matter is,...bad neighborhoods are black neighborhoods. If a realtor starts assigning "good" and "bad" to neighborhoods, they're leaving themselves open to all of the "that's racist!" crap spewed by the politically correct elements in society.

There's all kinds of bad rules associated with working with the public these days.

If a homo wants a wedding cake for their homo wedding,..your damn bakery better damn well bake it,...and so on.

If it was left up to the Realtors, they would be happy to tell their clients, "You don't want to buy a house in this schitthole neighborhood",.....but they leave themselves open for a lawsuit if they say that.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
In this particular situation, my wife located and showed the young woman many other houses in her price range. But she wanted to buy that pretty little stone house because it was the only pretty little stone cape cod that was in her price range.

There was a reason why it was priced about half of a pretty little cape cod in other neighborhoods.

But a realtor can't spell out what those reason's are.

The police can,...and if the young woman had been more worldly and less inclined to make decisions on home buying based on emotion,..she would have dropped by the police station and checked the crime stats for the area,...or she could have even gone on line and checked the crime stats for the area.

She didn't. She wanted to be able to afford a pretty little stone cape cod.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 219 Wasp, 160user, 12344mag, 1badf350, 46 invisible), 2,154 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,092
Posts18,501,938
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.