Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Are we including chewed furniture, destroyed shoes, shirts and socks and lost sleep? Minus those costs, we spent $1000 on our new Chessie pup in August. He’s pretty active and perhaps a little less biddable than our last Chessie, but I think he’ll shape up fine. He mercilessly teases the cat so there is that entertainment to help offset the cost....plus he frustrates my wife and so directs her ire at a target other than me. I’d say I got a bargain! Now if I can only get him to retrieve......

GB1

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
working Airedales are $300-500 depending on whether the breeder trusts you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hard to put a price on man’s best friend and all the unconditional love.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Milo is a shorthair, when he isn’t on point he identifies as a lab. The retrievingest, swimmingest dog I’ve ever been around. One if the last two from a local litter. Bought basically site unseen for $300. The parvo treatment a few months later was $1500, but he was worth every penny....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Beautiful dog. They also make great family pets.

My thoughts exactly

Rates a Two-Cool for sure.

cool cool

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka
$1600 for my whpg. no major vet bills other than annual vaccinations. Paying etc for health certs worth it

upland opener a few weeks ago

Fuzzy faces and rubber noses RULE! ($1,200 Rosie whpg)

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Want a GSP in the worst way. I’d have to buy one trained as I’ve no experience training bird dogs. Neighbors Dad got a GSP from a yard sale. Was a gift to her late husband from a Federal Exec. With the owner passing it didn’t get hunted. My Neighbor said it was the best hunting dog any of them have been around. We’ve got a Chocolate / Aus Shepard mix that’s my baby and a WH Dachshund rescue that’s sharp as a tack. We had a black lab mutt that was my a wife’s Family dog. She passed at 17 or 18 and that was a very hard time for all of us. She was 10 when I met her and we bonded immediately. She’s the only one that slept in bed with us.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
$1600 for my whpg. no major vet bills other than annual vaccinations. Paying etc for health certs worth it

Ribka
What breed is that? I dont know what whpg stands for.
Beautiful dog no matter what breed.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

After Buster passed away, we had an opening... Got Bailey from some city folks that were in over their heads with her, in just a small back yard. She's a giant schnauzer, and they usually go for $2000 to $2500. But they just wanted a good home for her. I obliged.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com][/quote]
Barry
About what does Bailey weight and how tall?
Never heard of the giant breed before.

What size is Bandit?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Mike_S
The cheapest part is buying.

This.

You gonna have a high octane working dog, who cares what the pup costs. That will be a drop in the bucket come 1 year in.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The upbeat dog threads are the best of the 'fire.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by gremcat
Want a GSP in the worst way. I’d have to buy one trained as I’ve no experience training bird dogs. Neighbors Dad got a GSP from a yard sale. Was a gift to her late husband from a Federal Exec. With the owner passing it didn’t get hunted. My Neighbor said it was the best hunting dog any of them have been around. We’ve got a Chocolate / Aus Shepard mix that’s my baby and a WH Dachshund rescue that’s sharp as a tack. We had a black lab mutt that was my a wife’s Family dog. She passed at 17 or 18 and that was a very hard time for all of us. She was 10 when I met her and we bonded immediately. She’s the only one that slept in bed with us.

I started training English Pointers in the 6th grade and a small paperback on training pointers.

You can do it too now with You Tube if you wish. I have had pointers and gsps as good as they get. If they have good genetics you can hardly fail. I was offered several thousand for my first female pointer when I was in the 10th grade. $3000 was a lot of money in 1965. I passed on it.

I haven't dealt with English Pointers in 30 years and dont know if the nature to make great pets has been bred out or not.

All the GSPs have been great house pets and great with kids. They essentially learn to hunt and point if you just take them and let them get used to going from the time they are big puppies.

I dont shoot near them until they have grown to love running and hunting. They essentially learn to point after a while on their own.

Let a big pup get busy and out from you and fire away from it the first time. If it is concerned just go on as if nothing happened out of the ordinary. It will que off your actions, as it learns to do as you want it to and it will become an extension of you if you raise and train it yourself.

Nowadays electric collars can save a lot of misery by keeping a dog from running a half mile after a Jack or deer. Teach them early that barbed wire and cattle guards are dangerous as are horses and cows. Both can kill with a kick if a dog comes up behind it. They also are great to keep a dog from chasing javelins and porky's and skunks.

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/21/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Texczech

Barry
About what does Bailey weight and how tall?
Never heard of the giant breed before.

What size is Bandit?

Bailey stands about 30" tall and weighs 65 pounds. She is kind of small for her breed.

Bandit is a standard schnauzer, and is very large for his breed, at 75 pounds and just a couple inches shorter than Bailey. He's stocky.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Texczech

Ribka
What breed is that? I dont know what whpg stands for.
Beautiful dog no matter what breed.

Wire Haired Pointing Griffon...

My dad brought some of the first ones west of the Mississippi in 1947. They're great versatile dogs.

Last edited by luv2safari; 10/23/19.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 51 invisible), 2,411 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,520
Posts18,472,548
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.