Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#14220129 10/21/19
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Anyone have a reco for a vrbo that you have used and found to be a good bang for the buck?

Not asking for a friend.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Have your people call my people. smile. PM sent. When u going?

BTDT, but I don't get in between. I'll pass this on to C, as well. She knows people who likely know also.....

We go in December. Twice. Really. Hell, I ought to just stay the 2 weeks between. Just checking back to remember why I am there I guess....

Any more "good deals", and her "I need a few more miles to maintain Gold" and it's PBJs for the next quarter. It gets even more expensive if I don't go with her. I swear she and her girl friends have spending competitions when they go anywhere together.

Last edited by las; 10/21/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not many good bangs for the buck to be found anymore. With the success and rising popularity of VRBO/AirBnB/etc. they are now charging higher fees, with corresponding rise in rental rates. Also more realty management companies are getting involved, many buying the properties themselves and raising rates closer to local hotel rates.

We look for places along Alii Dr or west of Alii Dr off of King Kamehameha III drive. We have stayed at Royal Sea Cliff, Aloha Condos, and a town house on a golf course (forget the name at the moment. The townhouse was the nicest, but not on the ocean.
What time of the year? Number of guests?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

have stayed in keahou sp? estates several times.....bob

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Happy Birthday?
Enjoy.

If you know someone who lives there,
have them check out the "local" rate.....if they still do that.
Saved me a bundle....but it's been awhile.

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
You oughta stay at uncle Billy’s.......course it would be too classy for you.
Lol

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
[quote=BobMt]

have stayed in keahou sp? estates several times.....bob[/quote

Check out Keahou-Kona Surf and Raquet Club
donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jealous here

Going to Big I in January

Staying at the Hilton w all the other middle class azzholes like me. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Told her I need to be downtown to smell some hippie sweat 😂

Always take my cabin shirt, and wear it a lot. Paint stains, big patches 👍🏻 Nothing shortens a timeshare presentation than lookin like you might ask the guy/gal if they want to buy a box of chiclets at any moment 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Thanks for the suggestions.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Go in March and turkey hunt the slopes of Mauna Kea volcano. Public land and you’ll not likely come across another hunter. There are plenty birds there.
Hunt in the AM and recreate with the family the rest of the day.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
On the same note, My sister is getting Married in Hawaii next spring, No way we can afford for the whole family to go so I'm thinking I might go solo for three nights is there any reason I can't just sleep on the beach and just look like a homeless person in Hawaii? I've never been to warm beach, and don't really want to go. The idea of people in a crowd really freak me out. I've done Vegas a few times and been ok, but it' seems to be engineered that crowds aren't a problem, I also went to San Francisco once, and decided I'd never go anywhere like that again. I don't like people near me.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Watch out for the pile-on fees many of the vbro's are starting to add, or increase. Can get as expensive or more so than a hotel. The one we have coming up is 127 per night, but some in that price range she looked at, the cleaning fees were as much as the rent. Read "details".

We have stayed twice at the Kona Seaside Hotel and would again. Not an vbro, but nice, locally owned, less expensive than the chains, and just very short walk to the pier where the Ironman starts. IIRC, the Hilton is just right across the street. (Might be another chain..). All kinds of restaurants and shops within a mile walk down the shore street. Beware - the walk back can get longer from some of those places...... shifty sidewalks. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I went there about 30 years ago. A great place to spend a week or so. Don't recall where we stayed, but we had an ocean view and a Mustang convertible. I must have taken underwater pictures of 4,000 fish. lol

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
On the same note, My sister is getting Married in Hawaii next spring, No way we can afford for the whole family to go so I'm thinking I might go solo for three nights is there any reason I can't just sleep on the beach and just look like a homeless person in Hawaii? I've never been to warm beach, and don't really want to go. The idea of people in a crowd really freak me out. I've done Vegas a few times and been ok, but it' seems to be engineered that crowds aren't a problem, I also went to San Francisco once, and decided I'd never go anywhere like that again. I don't like people near me.

Go for it. Many public beaches have cold showers and a place to change. Pack a tent and sleep on the national wildlife reserve (or whatever it is called) at Mauna Kea.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
We went some years ago, it was nice. I flew over in 2011, caught the attack carrier my son was on, rode with the Navy to San Diego. I had a much greater appreciation for our men and women in the Navy after 8 days on that ship!!! USS Peleiu

Last edited by hanco; 10/22/19.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
We've been to Kona three times and have stayed in hotels and condos along Alii drive in town and to the south near some of the places mentioned above. We really liked the condo at Casa de Emdeko south of downtown by the Royal Sea Cliff - fresh and salt water swimming pools and a fairly close walk to town.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1badf350, 58 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,410
Posts18,470,373
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.