Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by hanco
Only older people can afford one

yes Harleys and other bikes cost to much for what you get.

Especially if you insist on the newest, most equipped models and every accessory, article of clothing, right down to your G-string, and/or silk pajamas with the factory logo in the right places. And don't forget they do have touch screens now. You also need a camper/toy hauler to go more than 100 miles. No need to carry a tool kit though.

Last edited by ST50; 10/23/19.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I am hardly a millenial, but my son is. My son grew up riding dirt bikes with me, so he knows how to drive using a clutch and a manual transmission. Most millenials probably dont. Owning a bike is also quite expensive for the young ones (especially insurance). Lastly, for the monies; you can get quite a bit of bike in the Japanese brands for considerably less monies then you might spend obtaining a Harley Davidson. That said, I am approaching my 50's, and ride a triumph.

Last edited by Lorin; 10/23/19.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Reformed big biker fan here. Off my Harley and onto a Honda CT110 for the trails and slow cruse down a county road. 70 degrees is pretty nice walking around your yard, but you learn about windchill real quick on a motorcycle. Saw a guy yesterday on one at 40 degrees, rain and wind and that wasn't a smile, it was a grimace. We never see bikes on the Interstate. Some die hard big biker guy here just got plowed down from behind stopped behind a red light and two other cars all caught on camera. Made the 6:00 news and enough to give a guy pause about any kind of street motorcycle. At least if I do something dumb on my trail bike, it is all on me. Bikers are called organ donors down in Florida because of how people drive down there.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Easy Rider came out 50 years ago. I was just barely old enough to be impressed.

I was so motorcycle that I didn’t own a car until I was 40. I still have owning a Harley on my bucket list, 25 years ago they got stolen too much to work as daily transportation.

With the prices on clean used ones being what they are I’d have to be an idiot to buy new. I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Easy Rider came out 50 years ago. I was just barely old enough to be impressed.

I was so motorcycle that I didn’t own a car until I was 40. I still have owning a Harley on my bucket list, 25 years ago they got stolen too much to work as daily transportation.

With the prices on clean used ones being what they are I’d have to be an idiot to buy new. I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

People that are complaining about prices are looking at new bikes or over-priced trade ins. There are literally hundreds of very low mileage bikes sitting in garages under covers in every state.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Ejp1234
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by hanco
Only older people can afford one

This. Same with classic muscle cars. Go to a small town Cruise event or car show, and the average age is probably 70.

Jealousy is a very powerful human emotion.. especially amongst those who WANT, but don't WANT to work for it.

Laughing.

Want to borrow my screwdriver? Your stuff needs to he tightened... you clearly have some loose.. where the hell did that line come from lmao!

Nah, dude. The donkey's schitting on your foot and you don't even know it.

Where the f did you get that anyones jealous of anyone for owning a harley on this thread? And if you honestly think “only older people can afford one” you really are dumb ass fug.... lots of youngin’s out here making some serious coin on this here thing you type your repetitive dumbassery posts on... its called the internet, and its making some of us rich....

You stupid phugk. I never said any of the above. Only you did. You phugking moron.

Laughing.

PS- couldn't care less about you making money whoring on the internet. Totally your business and I don't give a phugk. I doubt anybody else here does, either.

PSS- GFY. In case you didn't get that already.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by lvmiker
All the old fart harley riders crashed too often while not wearing a helmet. Who knew that a bandanna and a ponytail didn't make you bulletproof? The dirt and sportbike riders are still kicking azz and playing in the mountains....albeit a little slower. The 'challenged' ride scooters and mowers.

mike r

I was riding dirt bikes before you were ever born, genius. And every Jap bike under the sun, too..

Absolutely love how these anti-Harley rants come about out of nowhere. LMAO.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Probbly a lot of truth there...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slope77

Specific to Harleys, I’ve never seen the attraction to the primary mode of transport for criminal gangs known as drug traffickers, pimps,
rapists, and murderers. .

Got-to remember some of those old wannabe fuggers have the testosterone level of an irradiated chipmunk
and have the money and need to outwardly compensate,
yet they are same type that get off on dreamy Clint Eastwood bad ass hero fantasies.

well, one can either have the fantasy of being a draft dodging easy rider type ant-ihero wandering scumbag
or dream of being Clint in some form , but they can't be both.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

IC B3

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,410
Posts18,489,010
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.