Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Got hit with 2 $15 charges on a recent transaction on Pay Pal? Found out the seller transferred the money to him via wire transfer and my Visa charged me a Wire Transfer fee? So be wary Visa offered to waive one charge, but will not do so in the future.

Sent Pay Pal Gift, money from my Visa card the $15 fee came later?

Called my Visa card to find out what the charge was for, I was told the seller used a wire transfer to get his money and I was charged?

Last edited by kk alaska; 10/22/19.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
pay pal gift?

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some better alternatives out there. . .

www.zellepay.com

www.venmo.com

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
How did the seller transfer your money? You should have been the one sending the money correct?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yep depends on how the payment is sent. There will be charges for credit cards, debit cards etc. Checking account not so much. Doesn't matter Paypal gift or not. I have not seen any charges once you have sent the money. After that it is on recipient. Paypal will charge you for sending, the recipient on the transfer from Paypal depending on how. Perhaps I'm mistaken, never have dealt with a wire transfer, other than a bank and then yes fees were charged.

Last edited by smithrjd; 10/22/19.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Doesn't matter Paypal gift or not. I have not seen any charges once you have sent the money. After that it is on recipient. Paypal will charge you for sending, the recipient on the transfer from Paypal

I have never been charged a cent using paypal gift. I sure as hell wouldn't support an antigun entity like paypal otherwise.

MOLON LABE

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Look close, depends on what account is used to send the money. If it is a credit card then yes a fee is charged to you. Paypal gift removes the fee from the recipient colleting the money. Not the charges to you for sending it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If it is a credit card then yes a fee is charged to you. Paypal gift removes the fee from the recipient colleting the money.

My PP account is tied to my debit card; neither I or the seller get charged with pp gift; don't know anything about the rest of their mess, don't use it.

MOLON LABE

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If you fund the transaction from a cc rather than your debit/bank card, you will be charged a fee.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Have sent & received 100's if not 1000's of PayPal Friends & Family (Gift). AS long as PP Balance or Checking account is used No fees to either (buyer or seller). If credit card is used a FEE IS ALWAYS charged to sender, but I have never seen recipient charged .

PayPal balance or from linked checking account is just like transferring from your checking to your saving. So no fees.

Credit card is like cash advance . So always fees.

Regular PayPal payment offers insurance on the transaction to protect both buyer and seller. Thus the FEES

At least this is how it was explained to me by PP Rep.

Also have a PP debit card, good wherever Master card accepted. I sometimes use to buy Gun or Powder or Ammo. They can't refuse it as there are no restrictions on agreement. I smile when I do. LOL

Safe shooting
Doug

Enjoy life but remember, we are only practicing for something Better
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Why does anyone use anti gun PayPal. Never have, and will quit this game should I have do....

Last edited by ronwethington; 10/23/19.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Fifth

www.zellepay.com

www.venmo.com

I stopped using pay pal switched to Venmo now alot better

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by tred1956
Have sent & received 100's if not 1000's of PayPal Friends & Family (Gift). AS long as PP Balance or Checking account is used No fees to either (buyer or seller). If credit card is used a FEE IS ALWAYS charged to sender, but I have never seen recipient charged .

PayPal balance or from linked checking account is just like transferring from your checking to your saving. So no fees.

Credit card is like cash advance . So always fees.

Regular PayPal payment offers insurance on the transaction to protect both buyer and seller. Thus the FEES

At least this is how it was explained to me by PP Rep.

Also have a PP debit card, good wherever Master card accepted. I sometimes use to buy Gun or Powder or Ammo. They can't refuse it as there are no restrictions on agreement. I smile when I do. LOL

Safe shooting
Doug

This. My PP account is connected directly to my checking account, and never have I had to pay an extra fee when using Friends/Family.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Man, that sucks, PayPal is a pain in the @$$ and getting to be more so every year. So what are you selling in your ad here?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ronwethington
Why does anyone use anti gun PayPal. Never have, and will quit this game should I have do....

A noble sentiment, but I for one won't cut off my nose to spite my face. If one stops and considers all of the corporate entities and businesses that are ant-gun and which are thoroughly woven into the fabric of our lives, and then avoided each of them, one would be left standing alone with virtually nothing. A sad fact of life, but there it is. We are a small minority (with, hopefully, a big voice), but a minority nonetheless.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I quit pp when they tried to force me to link my bank accounts,I already had a credit card on file. With all the hacking going on I won’t give out my banking info to anyone.

"We don't rent pigs"
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
I closed my paypal account when I tried to transfer a large balance to my checking acct. PayPal would not do it unless I gave them my banking account # and passwords. Told them to pound sand, spent the balance down and closed the account, screw them.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
They may be anti gun and I am of course pro gun,.... but

I’ve not had any unexplained fees or problems with using it to pay for stuff or get paid.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Fifth

www.zellepay.com

www.venmo.com

Tag for this info.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just send a money order. Haven't come across anything I can't wait a little longer for.

Sean
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

651 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 59 invisible), 3,287 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,963
Posts18,499,212
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.