-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes goy, take a drug to counter with the side effects of a drug you take to counter your lifestyle choices.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Go on a meat and salad diet for a month. No bread no sugar. Betcha feel better regardless of what blood sugar says.

When I was on the Keto diet I can honestly say I've never felt better...both physically and emotionally.

I really need to get back on it.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Yes goy, take a drug to counter with the side effects of a drug you take to counter your lifestyle choices.

Yes this has become the fate of modern medicine.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

A few years back my wife was told her that her annual routine blood test results showed "slightly" elevated cholesterol level and was given a prescription for at that time one of if not the most expensive new brand name cholesterol lowering drugs on the market with no generic equivalent available.

Her MD worked out of a satellite clinic, one of several managed by a local hospital with a reputation for some questionable ethical practices.

With all the cholesterol lowering pharmaceuticals with generic equivalents readily available at substantially less cost the only conclusion I could come up with as to why her MD prescribed that particular new name branded drug for her "slightly" elevated cholesterol level was this:

Pharmaceutical Fraud: What are Kickback Schemes?

Big Pharma Pays Doctors and Hospitals to Prescribe Drugs – Does YOUR Doctor Take Kickbacks?

Do Drug Company Payments to Doctors Influence Which Drugs They Prescribe?

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Hell if I could make a lifestyle choice to not be diabetic i would.

I used to think it was a fat person thing. It ain't in most cases.

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Well my pancreas does not produce insulin anymore due to being on a medicine that stimulates it to make more for about 8 years. Doc says it got burnt out basically.

I take 20 units of fast acting insulin after eating and 70 time released units at night before bed.

Been a long strange trip for sure. I can't seem to lose weight and I feel like hell all the time.

I drink zero sugar and put zero sugar on food. I cannot seem to get away from bread completely but when I did my numbers were quite good.

try changing the type of bread, no yeast and made mostly from seeds.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
The next step in this area of medicine will be drugs "reverse" the rejections of miscoded insulin.

and also bio-active materials that contain, analogs of replicated insulin for time release applications

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
So...its not that my cells dont use insulin right...it's that they can't recognize it?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Every statin drug I've taken results in some muscular myopathy. Weakness and pain, stiffness. I tell my doctor this and he says I need it anyway because I'm a diabetic. I do not have high cholesterol with an LDL of 84 and an HDL of 51 and a total of 165. Why I need a statin without high cholesterol I don't understand.

So I tell the doctor that it always causes me pain and he says I need to take it anyway. Why is it OK to have pain?

My sister tells me CQ-10 helps with this so I'm going to give it a try.

Have you tried pravastatin or rosuvustatin? they are both water soluble (as opposed to fat soluble). I take pravastatin now and have no ill effects. Zocor (fat soluble) was bad for me. CQ10 is cheap and worth a try.

Moe

"Pick out two!"
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Armednfree
Every statin drug I've taken results in some muscular myopathy. Weakness and pain, stiffness. I tell my doctor this and he says I need it anyway because I'm a diabetic. I do not have high cholesterol with an LDL of 84 and an HDL of 51 and a total of 165. Why I need a statin without high cholesterol I don't understand.

So I tell the doctor that it always causes me pain and he says I need to take it anyway. Why is it OK to have pain?

My sister tells me CQ-10 helps with this so I'm going to give it a try.

Afaic if its causing pain it's probably causing muscle destruction. Is he running around with your wife? wink

I wouldnt take it. Mine is high, but my buddy dr recs the risks outweigh the benefits.

I was interested because statins help destroy beta amyloid, a component of plaque in dementia.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got a relative who works in a lab testing that schit and he says never take them. Turns the test animals' organs to junk.

I am not on board with "cholesterol bad" as its what a lot of your body is made of and its there to repair your arteries. Inflammation is the enemy. More meat and veggies less bread and cereal and sugars.

I have to agree 100%. Sugar and wheat are prime enemies of the human body. I love doughnuts and am still suffering emotional withdrawal. frown

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"So I tell the doctor that it always causes me pain and he says I need to take it anyway. Why is it OK to have pain?
My sister tells me CQ-10 helps with this so I'm going to give it a try."

Is this a GP or a cardiologist? He should have told you to take CoQ10 when he wrote the first Statin prescription. If it is your GP you should get checked out by a cardiologist ASAP. I quit taking Statin drugs many years ago because of extreme fatigue. My best friend who will be 80 in July is a diabetic could never take Statin drugs because of leg pain. Instead of prescribing statin drugs the researchers should be investigating what causes artery inflammation and how to reduce that inflammation. LDL just attaches to inflamed arteries to protect them like it's supposed to. My cardiologist just tells me to exercise a lot and not get fat. We did talk about the cholesterol lowering shots last year (my insurance doesn't pay for them). I told him the only way anybody would be able to give me a cholesterol lowering shot was if they shot me with a tranquilizer dart first.

Last edited by victoro; 10/23/19.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Got a relative who works in a lab testing that schit and he says never take them. Turns the test animals' organs to junk.

I am not on board with "cholesterol bad" as its what a lot of your body is made of and its there to repair your arteries. Inflammation is the enemy. More meat and veggies less bread and cereal and sugars.

I have to agree 100%. Sugar and wheat are prime enemies of the human body. I love doughnuts and am still suffering emotional withdrawal. frown

Deepfried bread that is coated in sugar.........what on earth could be any better?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If OP's HDL is 51

Then I would say, OP- stop taking that chit.

All youre doing is helping the doctor kiss the pharm rep's ass for plane tickets to Sandals.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Every statin drug I've taken results in some muscular myopathy."

You should stop taking statin drugs before it destroys your kidneys. One of my friends was taking a mega dose of Lipitor and niacin at the same time. The makers of Lipitor said to NEVER take niacin with Lipitor because it greatly increases your chance of muscular myopathy which could destroy your kidneys. He asked his Doc about it and was told that it was worth the risk. I asked him "What kind of risk is your Doc taking?" Before my friend died the was taking 18 prescription drugs.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The Doctor would have to explain to me just why he/she wants me to take anything.

They put me on statins years ago but they left me with out any energy at all.

Did them for 6 weeks without any change but wanted me to keep taking them.

I quit after my good friend's Dad came down with liver cancer,he had been taking them for years.

His Mom was also on the same meds so she got to looking for another way to lower the bad cholesterol.

She found that eating walnuts,a 1/4 cup a day would lower it so i tried it.

In 2 weeks i felt better and at the next 6 week blood draw it was down to normal limits.

Have not had a draw in all or the years since that had a high anything.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Even though there's a tremendous amount of science backing medicine, it's still more of an art rather than science. A patient is nothing more than a lab rat or guinea pig until the doc figures out how to treat their patient. Bad medicine is the third leading cause of death.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
All docs get paid for writing scrips. Eat right. Avoid putting unnecessary things in you. We only last so long anyway.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by joken2

A few years back my wife was told her that her annual routine blood test results showed "slightly" elevated cholesterol level and was given a prescription for at that time one of if not the most expensive new brand name cholesterol lowering drugs on the market with no generic equivalent available.

Her MD worked out of a satellite clinic, one of several managed by a local hospital with a reputation for some questionable ethical practices.

With all the cholesterol lowering pharmaceuticals with generic equivalents readily available at substantially less cost the only conclusion I could come up with as to why her MD prescribed that particular new name branded drug for her "slightly" elevated cholesterol level was this:

Pharmaceutical Fraud: What are Kickback Schemes?

Big Pharma Pays Doctors and Hospitals to Prescribe Drugs – Does YOUR Doctor Take Kickbacks?

[url=https://health.usnews.com/health-care/patient-advice/articles/2018-08-31/do-drug-company-payments-to-doctors-influence-which-drugs-they-prescribe]Do Drug Company Payments to Doctors Influence Which Drugs They Prescribe?[/ur

the kickbacks to MDs has been dead for quite awhile. The problem today is the rebates made to insurance companies for putting a drug on the approved list, rather than the way the doc wants it.

Repatha is a good example, none will approve the drug with jumping thru a lot of hoops

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Hell if I could make a lifestyle choice to not be diabetic i would.

I used to think it was a fat person thing. It ain't in most cases.

Most late mature onset diabetics are fat.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (219 Wasp, 10Glocks, 21, 1minute, 260madman, 1OntarioJim, 54 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,431
Posts18,489,256
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.