Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Ended up buying a 2019 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4x4 TRD Off Road in Cavalry Blue with the 5.7 liter motor. Truck had 1775 miles on it when I picked it up tonight. I bought it from the widow of a guy who bought it and within two months died of the flu at the age of 51.

Has a spray in bedliner, Bushwacker fender flares, and BF Goodrich KO2's.

Got it for $35k with no sales tax and it's licensed until 2022.

I'll post up some pictures when I get it washed and in the daylight, but here's one from the seller's add.

[Linked Image]

GB1

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congrats. Love my Tundra.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Sticker price was?

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dale06
Sticker price was?

[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Nice truck and congratulations. 👍

What a shame that the previous owner likely bought his “dream” truck and was proud of such a nice rig then dies of the flu at 51. Life is certainly unpredictable and at least he had the enjoyment of the 1775 miles before being called home.

I don’t mean to rain on your parade at all, just thinking out loud about the irony and seeming unfairness of life. Some <inserting assumptions> blue collar family man dies at 51 but Soros continues to destroy democracy at 89. 😫

May you have many happy and safe memories with your truck.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
What a shame that the previous owner likely bought his “dream” truck and was proud of such a nice rig then dies of the flu at 51. Life is certainly unpredictable and at least he had the enjoyment of the 1775 miles before being called home.

Widow said exactly that and was in tears when I handed her the check and she handed me the keys. I'm 50 so it hits home. Wife and I both gave her big hugs before we left. If there's anything positive, he had a policy through his credit union that paid the truck off in full.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m sure he’s satisfied with the new owner, someone that will take care of and use the truck as it was intended to be used. 👍

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
There is a service campaign that may apply to your truck. "Certain 2018–2019 Model Year Tacoma and Tundra Millimeter Wave Radar Sensor." If the service campaign applies to your truck, I highly suggest having it done. The millimeter wave sensor in the grill can leak allowing water in, this creates lots of issues from the cruise control system shutting off, to the pre-collision system engaging. Last winter my truck decided to come to a very fast stop in the middle of the freeway. I was nearly run over before I was able to get it going again.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Congrats on the new ride! I have a '16 Tundra 1794 - they are fantastic trucks. Absolutely no regrets about mine!

Last edited by rnovi; 10/23/19.

Hunt Africa while you can
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Congrats.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’m sure he’s satisfied with the new owner, someone that will take care of and use the truck as it was intended to be used. 👍

Nice post and good sentiment Aces.....

Waputi, congrats and best of luck with your new vehicle...

Prayers for the departed and his family....but life will go on...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WP, great looking truck!

I'm confused on the tax and license thing. I'm sure different states have different laws and I dont know what your state laws are, but in Louisiana you'll still have to pay sales tax. In Louisiana, you have x number of days to get the title transferred and the registration in your name. I think it's 30 days but it may be 90. If you get stopped and the title/registration is in another name, you're in trouble. Also, in La., the previous owner was suppose to pull the license plates and turn them in. They can be fined for not doing so, ask my son. You get your registration when you get your license plates and at that time, you have to pay the sales tax.

You can always say you borrowed the vehicle and probably get by, unless you're in a wreck or something similar. You will not be able to get insurance in your name unless the title and registration are in your name.

In Louisiana, if you move from out of state, you have x number of days to change your vehicle title/registration. If your vehicle wasn't bought in La, you have to pay sales tax to get your vehicle changed over.

Again, I'm dont know your state laws, but these are Louisiana's. In Louisiana, they get you coming and going on vehicles.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Randy,

in Oregon, there is NO Sales Tax....period...

the governor/Queen did manage to get a law passed on a brand new vehicle you have to pay a 0.5% privilege tax ( as the democRATS) love to call it, if it is bought off the lot...I don't know one way or the other if it applies to the Truck Great Waputi bought.. but doubt it since it was a private sale...

Plates in Oregon stay with the vehicle, unless the previous owner took them off for any reason....

you have like 30 days to register a vehicle when you purchase it.. but a lot of locals don't...

I gave vehicles to people "in need", twice since I have lived here... and both times they never put the vehicle in their names..
one gave it back to me when he could afford a newer car ( he was the oldest son of a friend of mine), and the other one, the vehicle was stolen by some methheads, who wrecked it while high several weeks later.. it was full of drugs, paraphernalia etc..pull a firearm with the serial numbers scratched off of it, and a copy of a Marine K Bar knife that the entire blade was covered in blood... they caught the people who stole it... however the girl I gave the car too from over at the college, didn't get into any trouble for not putting it in her name...

I recently retired an older Camry and picked up a low mileage 08 Camry for a real good price... one of the plates was gone, so I just got new plates for it... and the title fee, plus $40 extra for some of these special plates you can get in Oregon that look spiffy, and cost at the DMV was $262.00 for 2 years....

When I moved here back in 1995, plates were $28 and were good for two years....and no tax when I moved in from another state...Oregon can be cheap on stuff... but it use to be a whole heck of a lot cheaper....

people would buy a $250K motorhome, and it was like $12 for a title and $28 for plates for 2 years and NO Sales Tax on the purchase....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hello John, good to see you this morning.

In La., the state gets 4% sales tax and the local tax can be as high as 6% on new vehicles. Just say the local tax is 3%+4% for state, you get 7% total. $50,000 vehicle cost another $3500 in sales tax. But its a one time tax.

$250K motor home at 10% would be another $25K in sales tax. Usually the local tax is not the full 6%, so it would actually be cheaper, but the state is gonna get their 4%.

You mentioned the stolen vehicle. I gave a vehicle to my son several years ago. Had a notarized papers showing contribution (I forget what they are called). I took the plates off and turned them in. He sold the vehicle without ever changing it over to his name, he never licensed or drove it. After that, I dont know who owned it or what happened to the car, but about 3 yrs later, I get a call from North Carolina troopers, wanting to know if I ever owned this car. I told them I did and that I had given it to my son. They wanted proof and I had lost the contribution papers. I had to go to the dept of motor vehicles and have them look up where I had turned in the license plates. They printed me a paper stating that I no longer had the vehicle titled/ registered/ or licensed in the state of La. and I emailed a copy to North Carolina. Never did hear anymore and they wouldn't tell me why they had traced the vehicle back to me. Probably in a wreck or found it abandoned, I'm guessing.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
You will get a lot of miles out of it.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Cangratulations on the new truck. And Good on you and your wife to comfort the widow in a very stressful time in her life.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Cool truck, great choice

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sweet!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Hello John, good to see you this morning.

In La., the state gets 4% sales tax and the local tax can be as high as 6% on new vehicles. Just say the local tax is 3%+4% for state, you get 7% total. $50,000 vehicle cost another $3500 in sales tax. But its a one time tax.

$250K motor home at 10% would be another $25K in sales tax. Usually the local tax is not the full 6%, so it would actually be cheaper, but the state is gonna get their 4%.

You mentioned the stolen vehicle. I gave a vehicle to my son several years ago. Had a notarized papers showing contribution (I forget what they are called). I took the plates off and turned them in. He sold the vehicle without ever changing it over to his name, he never licensed or drove it. After that, I dont know who owned it or what happened to the car, but about 3 yrs later, I get a call from North Carolina troopers, wanting to know if I ever owned this car. I told them I did and that I had given it to my son. They wanted proof and I had lost the contribution papers. I had to go to the dept of motor vehicles and have them look up where I had turned in the license plates. They printed me a paper stating that I no longer had the vehicle titled/ registered/ or licensed in the state of La. and I emailed a copy to North Carolina. Never did hear anymore and they wouldn't tell me why they had traced the vehicle back to me. Probably in a wreck or found it abandoned, I'm guessing.

Randy,

funny, but I thought of this post today... Local friend sold a pick up truck about 4 years ago... an older, but good shape at the time 90s F 150.....got a letter from the Florida DMV... seems the truck has been used in a number of hold ups of convenience stores down that way... and the truck is evidently still in Sean's name...the plates tho on it are expired from 2015...

He's sending them his copy of the bill of sale, and the paperwork he sent the DMV when he sold it to whoever...

I am sure one of our local transient Meth & Dope Dealers is probably the guy they are looking for down in Florida...

Guess its a good idea in a state like Oregon where the plates can stay with the vehicle... that it is a good idea to take them off when you sell it, so crap like this won't happen to ya....

I bought an 08 Camry recently.. even tho it had current plates on it, I bought new plates for it, even tho the other ones had a year left on the registration....I bought it off a 40 year old guy off of Craigslist, up in Potlandia, that had blue hair, a ponytail, and was wearing nailpolish....cars in good shape, but for some reason I wasn't really impressed with the seller...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good looking truck...Enjoy it !!

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 65 invisible), 2,513 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,806
Posts18,477,524
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.