Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The best thing I have found to do when purchasing off of here is my own rule of thumb and it works as good as using a FFL. From a buyer's standpoint I always do my very best to go the next morning (since I work Midnight shift) on my way home and purchase the USPS MO and as they are filling it out I always take a pic of the addressed envelope, tracking number and receipt and make sure to text those 3 pics to whomever I am making the purchase from. If its going to be over a weekend before I can make it to the Post Office I establish means of communication with the seller and keep them informed of my activities up until I send them the pics. I know it sounds "over the top" when it comes to buying but I value my word highly and I am not going to do anything to jeopardize my or my word's integrity. Just my 2 cents. Upfront and honesty have always worked best for me.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sendero558
The best thing I have found to do when purchasing off of here is my own rule of thumb and it works as good as using a FFL. From a buyer's standpoint I always do my very best to go the next morning (since I work Midnight shift) on my way home and purchase the USPS MO and as they are filling it out I always take a pic of the addressed envelope, tracking number and receipt and make sure to text those 3 pics to whomever I am making the purchase from. If its going to be over a weekend before I can make it to the Post Office I establish means of communication with the seller and keep them informed of my activities up until I send them the pics. I know it sounds "over the top" when it comes to buying but I value my word highly and I am not going to do anything to jeopardize my or my word's integrity. Just my 2 cents. Upfront and honesty have always worked best for me.

Your are not over the top at all. It is the exact same way that i try and complete transactions. Now everyone wants to use Pay Pal which is much less work.Good communications, full disclosure, and honesty makes for a smooth transaction.

Ryan

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
When I do a transaction with someone here,buying or selling I provide my email address & home phone number.Most guys when they see I provide that do the same.I do it because I am on the internet once or twice a day.That being said some folks have no sense of urgency to reply ever about a transaction.I always let the other person know when I send an MO or PP.I always provide a Tracking number when I ship.I want to hear from the person I sell to that they are satisfied with what they bought.All this is just common courtesy .Apparently some thing some folks were never taught.I think 4 days would be a fair amount of time to wait before you put up for sale just incase that life got in the way of the persons answering you.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1minute, 1234, 117LBS, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 53 invisible), 2,468 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,875
Posts18,518,107
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.