Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Paintball was a lot of fun.

We’re going to take the kids to a Zombie paintball haunted hay ride on Sunday. We get in the wagon and they take you through a giant cornfield with Zombies hiding and jumping out at you. You have to shoot them before they eat your brains (I know....not much of a meal for them in my case but I digress) ......at least that’s what I think they’ll do....ain’t never not hit one when needed but when I ran out of ammo last time we went, which was a few years ago, and when I needed to reload I was prepared to use my backup or my pocketknife. 😂. The zombies must’ve sensed my seriousness because they didn’t eat my brains.....at least I don’t think they did, I might’ve blacked out. The kids had my Six and lit him up. 😂. Good times with the most important people in my world.

Actually it’s pretty fun and with glow in the dark paintballs and black light it adds a dimension that we didn’t have as kids. As kids we didn’t get visual markers that our target was hit, we got auditory confirmation that our target had been hit.....usually “OUCH”...as we got older our sounds of being hit became more colorful.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Paintball was a lot of fun.

We’re going to take the kids to a Zombie paintball haunted hay ride on Sunday. We get in the wagon and they take you through a giant cornfield with Zombies hiding and jumping out at you. You have to shoot them before they eat your brains (I know....not much of a meal for them in my case but I digress) ......at least that’s what I think they’ll do....ain’t never not hit one when needed but when I ran out of ammo last time a we went which was a few years ago and when I needed to reload I was prepared to use my backup or my pocketknife. 😂. The zombies must’ve sensed my seriousness because they didn’t eat my brains.....at least I don’t think they did, I might’ve blacked out. The kids had my Six and lit him up. 😂. Good times with the most important people in my world.

Actually it’s pretty fun and with glow in the dark paintballs and black light it adds a dimension that we didn’t have as kids. As kids we didn’t get visual markers that our target was hit, we got auditory confirmation that our target had been hit.....usually “OUCH”...as we got older our sounds of being hit became more colorful.

Sounds fun!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
That sounds like a riot!

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That does sound like a good time. Wish we had something like that around here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But, but..... They shouldn't be doing that ! That's just promoting the dreaded "Gun Culture"......... ( that's called "sarcasm" for some of the more uninformed among us).

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That sounds like a helluvalotta fun! Wish we'd have had something like that when I was in school.
My boy and a few of his buddies used to get together and play Hide and Seek in the woods with paintball guns. None of those kids ever got in any serious trouble, and they've all got jobs and families now.
Small town America is still alive and well.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
What Washington does that happen in??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Aces - I remember well and love that sort of stuff, and appreciate your post. Knowing where you live, not difficult to imagine the activity - probably SHS, just off the island.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CCCC
Thanks Aces - I remember well and love that sort of stuff, and appreciate your post. Knowing where you live, not difficult to imagine the activity - probably SHS, just off the island.

Yes Sir. It’s still a good place to raise a family. Our son and his friends can take their rods and reels and walk to the little lakes and in the summer the boys will hike the little ridge behind the house and fish the streams and beaver ponds. House rules dictate catch and release for those spots but the trout in the lakes here are fair game. They have turned into very good outdoorsmen and it makes me proud. They have impeccable ethics for any age but it’s even more impressive that as teenagers they have it figured out. I was really impressed by our son this past deer season and the genuine curiosity he’s developed for the natural world. He wants to major in biology and I believe that it will serve him well and provide an intellectually stimulating career whatever path he takes within the broad scope of a narrow field. 😁

I have even heard stories about boys fishing the golf course ponds after they close for the night and catching some seriously BIG bass! That also is strictly C&R. In full disclosure the boys also worked at the golf course so it’s not total rebellion. 😁

I hope all is well with you and your family.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Great to hear a smaller town still enjoying a rural vibe so close to the vortex, aka Seattle metro area. Thanks for sharing.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by erikj
Great to hear a smaller town still enjoying a rural vibe so close to the vortex, aka Seattle metro area. Thanks for sharing.

I know and I also know that eventually it too will be swallowed up by the beast. It’s a choice we made for our children so that they might enjoy the innocence and inquisitive spirit of a child’s imagination. The freedom and responsibility that be allowed to stretch your youthful legs and minds. I believe that for children to play outside and remain active is vitally important to growing up mentally stable and grounded in an unstable world. The sacrifice that we make as parents for the ability to live the way we choose to live is my wife has a 1 1/2+ hour commute to work in the morning at 3:30am and a 2+ hour commute home at 2:30pm 4 days a week to the Airport. She works 4 10’s and when she’s off she’s off and it feels like a million miles away from the stupidity of the city.

This was a great place for me to grow up and I had a magical childhood. I had hardworking, loving and firm parents that encouraged our fanciful notions and let us enjoy the freedom of childhood and we’ve strove to provide the same wonderful childhood that we had. I think we’ve succeeded as our children are turning into amazing young adults that have exceeded my most desirous dreams, I just pray that they continue to follow their compass.

It’s easy for people to paint with a very broad brush foolishly believing that the politics in the capital is a reflection of the rest of the state. Nothing could be further from the truth. Most of this state is red but the cities are blue and that’s where the disease metastasized. A short drive in any direction and you’re in conservative, rural America with giant Trump signs and NRA stickers in every pickup truck.

It won’t stay like this forever so we’ve hedged against the outside world by starting to build our cabins up north. It’ll be a family effort and the kids will learn to design and build their own cabin that they’ll always be able to live in. They’ll always have a comfortable home without mortgage or property tax since there is no property tax on the rural but it is serviced by all utilities which are based upon usage like power water and sewer. They can escape the chaos down here and live a quiet and undisturbed by the noise of politics and immorality of the city.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

448 members (22kHornet, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 48 invisible), 1,795 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,002
Posts18,481,334
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.