....can high school seniors sign up to “hunt” an adversary with Nerf guns. It happens every year here when our local police come out with a social media heads up that if you see someone chasing or shooting each other with Nerf guns not to worry since it’s “Senior Assassin” time. Each kid that signs up gets assigned an adversary to hunt and the last man or woman standing is the winner. They all chip in $10 and the winner takes all. It’s awesome and the kids follow the rules.

Our daughter made me laugh my ass off when she said I saw Preston Stuart running down the road without shoes being chased by a kid in a full gillie suit with an “Awesome Nerf Machinegun”. Kids having good clean fun that isn’t politically correct.....just like the good old days. There’s winners and losers and keeping an eye on your surroundings and having your Nerf gun at port arms ensures that you continue to stay in the fight. Being glued to your iPhone is certain elimination. 😉Each person has an anonymously assigned assassin after them just as they have one that they’re stalking. When you’ve been shot you’re out and a new name is assigned to the victor, should he choose to accept it. 😁. These are farm kids from good middle class families and hunting and firearms aren’t scary around here, they’re tools and it’s been my observations of the high school kids I’ve seen move on up throughout the years it gives me great hope that there really is hope in today’s youth. My little area is ubiquitous with small towns throughout this great nation, north, south, east and west there are good kids that buck hay in the summer or work cleaning out stalls. McDonald’s is actually an entry level job for a young high schooler instead of a career for the Mexican McDonald’s Mafia. Trap shooting is offered as a sport and opening weekend means attendance is down, it’s understood that “family business” includes family bonding time.

With the endless cacophony of the 24 hour news cycle I like to know that it’s not necessarily all lost, there’s a huge patriotic and quiet group of young men and women that will continue to build this country into greatness or fight those who seek to destroy it.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~