Originally Posted by erikj
Great to hear a smaller town still enjoying a rural vibe so close to the vortex, aka Seattle metro area. Thanks for sharing.

I know and I also know that eventually it too will be swallowed up by the beast. It’s a choice we made for our children so that they might enjoy the innocence and inquisitive spirit of a child’s imagination. The freedom and responsibility that be allowed to stretch your youthful legs and minds. I believe that for children to play outside and remain active is vitally important to growing up mentally stable and grounded in an unstable world. The sacrifice that we make as parents for the ability to live the way we choose to live is my wife has a 1 1/2+ hour commute to work in the morning at 3:30am and a 2+ hour commute home at 2:30pm 4 days a week to the Airport. She works 4 10’s and when she’s off she’s off and it feels like a million miles away from the stupidity of the city.

This was a great place for me to grow up and I had a magical childhood. I had hardworking, loving and firm parents that encouraged our fanciful notions and let us enjoy the freedom of childhood and we’ve strove to provide the same wonderful childhood that we had. I think we’ve succeeded as our children are turning into amazing young adults that have exceeded my most desirous dreams, I just pray that they continue to follow their compass.

It’s easy for people to paint with a very broad brush foolishly believing that the politics in the capital is a reflection of the rest of the state. Nothing could be further from the truth. Most of this state is red but the cities are blue and that’s where the disease metastasized. A short drive in any direction and you’re in conservative, rural America with giant Trump signs and NRA stickers in every pickup truck.

It won’t stay like this forever so we’ve hedged against the outside world by starting to build our cabins up north. It’ll be a family effort and the kids will learn to design and build their own cabin that they’ll always be able to live in. They’ll always have a comfortable home without mortgage or property tax since there is no property tax on the rural but it is serviced by all utilities which are based upon usage like power water and sewer. They can escape the chaos down here and live a quiet and undisturbed by the noise of politics and immorality of the city.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~