Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by fester

Christmas time favorite here

Ole Tex is a favorite in these parts

Which 'fire member is that?

Rolling Blunder............

You mean Trolling Blunder?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by hanco
I would like to have a 38 super, it be a hell of a pistol!!

My .38 Super aka “Pancho”. My go to edc at the ranch below the Nueces strip. Kilt a sow with ot down at Blues place several years ago!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Awaiting any unwelcome guests at a solo trip to Kenedy county one evening for supper!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

My .38 Super aka “Pancho”. My go to edc at the ranch below the Nueces strip. Kilt a sow with ot down at Blues place several years ago!

Awaiting any unwelcome guests at a solo trip to Kenedy county one evening for supper!

PEARL beer?
almost as bad as pbr.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I knew you would say something.

I generally enjoy an Altstadt now. Either their lager or Kolsch.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

PEARL beer?
almost as bad as pbr.

Pearl's better than some...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I know this guy personally. He was using a Pro Carry II he bought at our shop. Brought it in a year later asking me to clean it up. I said I wouldn't touch it. Banned from at least one local club. Has a ton of YouTube videos under the name "Tex Grebner Outdoors". Worth a laugh or two.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by viking
On some job sites I see signs that forbid 1911’s , a circled 1911 with a slash through it.😁

laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

PEARL beer?
almost as bad as pbr.

Pearl's better than some...
Pearl is the finest beer ever made. I prefer the 68 cal. Pearl Light. It was a sad day when the brewery in San Antone closed down. Long live Fort Worth Pearl though.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
What kind of 1911 do you have?

Mine is a bare bones Mil-Spec Springfield Armory. Way back when Bud really owned Bud's gun shop he had a stack of them on the counter as you walked in the door,..selling them for, as I recall, $379.95. I had to have one for that price.

It's basically a clone of a military issue 1911.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
I have several. I really like them.

Here are a couple I've souped up.

.460 Rowland on top, .45 Super on bottom. These are my "Outdoor" guns.

Your two-tone Kimber looks just like my Sig 1911 except I bought some pretty burled panels for mine. I had a Kimber Carry and I do miss that thing. The Sig trigger is very light but nowhere near as crisp.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know of a better handgun choice..

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The 1911 is the only handgun I can shoot really well. I have owned numerous handguns through the years and was never able to consistently shoot any of the passably no matter how much I practiced, when I bought my 1911 I discovered that I could hit most anything I pointed it at, I have never been without one then.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My Dad was wounded and captured at the Battle of the Bulge and freed after about two months. His child hood friend and Mom's brother Uncle Ed is now 96. I saw him 3 years ago and talk to him often and he is still sharp. He was in the 82nd Airborne and went in about 0230 on D Day. Him and 12 others from his original group of 155 made it home. After his group lost over 100 in three weeks they reinforced them, only to suffer over 100 casualties again.

He was then assigned to the 101st and spent lots of time securing bridges. He liked the BAR. Him and my Dad were 18 when they joined up and they are my hero's and I love Uncle Ed and miss my Dad.

My Uncle Leroy was killed by a Jap sniper in the Philippines when he was 19, I sincerely hope my Uncles buddies killed the ungodly little son of a bitch. My Uncle Lavern served in Italy and my son in laws two granddads served in the Navy and were involved in major combat operations in the Pacific Theater.

Every year starting November 1st my wife and me watch the Band of Brothers series prior to Veterans Day.

I carried a 1911 on duty and also a Browning Hi Power. My department issued Glocks in .40 cal., but me and a few others were "grandfathered" in. If by some unimaginable twist of fate I could only have one gun I would have a 1911.

In 2017 the state of Utah passed a law making the 1911 Govt. Mod. the official state fire arm, how damn cool is that. My state of Alaska's gun is the Pre-64 Winchester, can't beat that with a stick!

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Well sadly, I am stuck here in California right now. Last I heard they changed the state gun from the Red Ryder bb gun , to something that just shoots rubber bands now. I am really needing to move.
But I do have a LW Commander

Last edited by kenster99; 10/28/19. Reason: added info
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kenster99
Well sadly, I am stuck here in California right now. Last I heard they changed the state gun from the Red Ryder bb gun , to something that just shoots rubber bands now. I am really needing to move.

LOL...

Ammo's cheap!!!

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The 1911 is the only auto I've ever had any respect for. More specifically, the military issue version, not the new production. Seems they are all popular and prices reflect that. Carried one during my second Nam tour and made the longest pistol shot of my life on the Bien Hoa perimeter. One shot, 300 meters and I killed a cement truck. Won a case of beer for that stunt shot. I utilized the TLAR method of drop calculation.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
I have several. I really like them.

Here are a couple I've souped up.

.460 Rowland on top, .45 Super on bottom. These are my "Outdoor" guns.

Your two-tone Kimber looks just like my Sig 1911 except I bought some pretty burled panels for mine. I had a Kimber Carry and I do miss that thing. The Sig trigger is very light but nowhere near as crisp.

I don't have any experience with a Sig, but the guys I know who have them, like them.

The trigger on both of these are crisp but not as light as they were, a 28 lb mainspring being part of the upgrade package to control slide velocity. Still usable and less likely to have an AD under stress.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lotsa cool aftermarket goodies for 1911's...

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
R
RGK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
If it's a 1911, it's gotta be a Colt...

Last edited by RGK; 10/28/19.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,842 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,797
Posts18,477,411
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.