Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by watch4bear
you don't think the various religious clans don't have a vested interest in the power relationships at the congressional level

explain, give some examples please

i ain't much into political science and related analysis.

look at the makeup of the house and senate and the mbrshp.

what are their backgrounds? there's a summary somewheres maybe?

if they belong to a group, they're influenced by the group. how much? i don't know.

but it's there, and we all know it. can it be quantified? well, it could be estimated for better or worse.

personally, i wouldn't want to be asked to worship a god that controls a country that doesn't meet my needs??

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

use the constitution as your guide. wink

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

What does the Constitution have to do with our government, nowadays?

"The Constitution is no threat to our form of government."
----Joe Sobran, Roman Catholic

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jfruser

What does the Constitution have to do with our government, nowadays?

"The Constitution is no threat to our form of government."
----Joe Sobran, Roman Catholic

thank you!

the court has taken over the control of the piece of paper from back in the day.

sad but true.

but it's where we are. love it or hate it.

i don't wish to afend anyone. but we're here now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
That's between each man and his Lord, and no priest has the right to interfere.

Agreed. Wholeheartedly.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Disagree wholeheartedly

GOD Bless America
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Then they should also ban Pelosi and every other catholic in Congress who votes the same way.

Somehow it doesn't work that way. I do know a few liberals that frequent the Baptist church. I have called them out on that and their response has never been pretty.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't blame the priest, cause I can't stand that lying P.O.S. either. Far as I'm concerned him & Pelosi and a few other dems ought to get excommunicated.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
dems ought to get excommunicated.

I wonder if the devils pissed at the dems for stealing his platform? grin

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Robert_White

But...
There is church discipline and refusal of the table to notorious unrepentant documented habitual sinners, like murder, adultery,
sodomy, theft, etc

Vatican has gone to great lengths to protect their brandname by harboring covering -up and even providing new hunting ground
parishes for their serial offending pedophile clergy around the globe, whilst denying it all with powerful lawyers to speak for them
and suppressing victims.

the fact they reject a worm like Biden on principle is comical.

Paul said to not take communion unworthily, with unrepented sin on your head.

That's between each man and his Lord and no priest has the right to interfere.

nothing new about 'power' going to a priests head.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm sure Creepy Joe was only doing it for a photo op and I doubt he cares since he's already demonstrated that he sold his soul to Satan anyway.

Paul said to not take communion unworthily, with unrepented sin on your head. That's between each man and his Lord and no priest has the right to interfere.

1 Cor 11:26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.
27 Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord.
28 A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup.
29 For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself.

If the priest is aware that someone is partaking of the Eucharist unworthily, then he has a responsibility to not participate in serving the Eucharist to that person. Otherwise the priest is guilty of that sin too by condoning it.

Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Then they should also ban Pelosi and every other catholic in Congress who votes the same way.

Somehow it doesn't work that way. I do know a few liberals that frequent the Baptist church. I have called them out on that and their response has never been pretty.

Of course their response hasn't been pretty. You can't be a democrap and legitimately call yourself a Christian at the same time. The two are diametrically opposed to each other.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Does anyone really think Biden or any of the other politicians at that level care about this sort of thing at all?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
We can't judge them, but they will be judged eventually.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Does anyone really think Biden or any of the other politicians at that level care about this sort of thing at all?

You know communists and religion grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

MOLON LABE

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by stevelyn
I'm sure Creepy Joe was only doing it for a photo op and I doubt he cares since he's already demonstrated that he sold his soul to Satan anyway.

Paul said to not take communion unworthily, with unrepented sin on your head. That's between each man and his Lord and no priest has the right to interfere.

1 Cor 11:26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.
27 Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord.
28 A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup.
29 For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself.

If the priest is aware that someone is partaking of the Eucharist unworthily, then he has a responsibility to not participate in serving the Eucharist to that person. Otherwise the priest is guilty of that sin too by condoning it.

Of course their response hasn't been pretty. You can't be a democrap and legitimately call yourself a Christian at the same time. The two are diametrically opposed to each other.

Spot on man...I couldn’t agree with you more on this

GOD Bless America
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Paul said that a man need to EXAMINE HIMSELF. He doesn't say others are to do it for him. A priest can guide him but he is to make the decision himself.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers

Agreed. Wholeheartedly.

So a priest should be complicit in the commission of a sacrilege?

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Paul said that a man need to EXAMINE HIMSELF. He doesn't say others are to do it for him. A priest can guide him but he is to make the decision himself.

Yes, correct.........mostly. You start with confession and the pre-communion prayers. But one has to be honest enough to examine one's self honestly and want to change for the better. Creepy Joe doesn't meet the criteria. Plus the priest was correct in denying him Holy Communion since Creepy Joe hasn't shown repentance for his support for abortion and continues to support it. The Church has to maintain a standard.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus
you don't think the various religious clans don't have a vested interest in the power relationships at the congressional level

explain, give some examples please

i ain't much into political science and related analysis.- - - - - - - personally, i wouldn't want to be asked to worship a god that controls a country that doesn't meet my needs??
Who would be "asking" you to do so? Can you cite a religious doctrine or Constitutional statement that says your "country" is responsible for meeting your "needs"?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Originally Posted by antlers

Agreed. Wholeheartedly.

So a priest should be complicit in the commission of a sacrilege?

As clearly pointed out earlier, scripture does say that a man is to *examine himself* in this circumstance; it is *not* to be done by a priest or anyone else. Protestants believe that through Jesus they have been given direct access to God, and therefore don’t require a priest for that access; they believe in the priesthood of all believers. God is equally accessible to all the faithful, and every believer has equal potential to minister for God.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

310 members (1_deuce, 12savage, 204guy, 12344mag, 16gage, 1lessdog, 38 invisible), 2,484 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,500
Posts18,490,477
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.