Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and in the hour of our death. Amen.

you probably cut and pasted that, regardless friday is a holy day, see you in church

Go sit in the corner.

I am MAGA.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Gus
if'n everybody with an ounce of concern about being a human down here on the face of the earth would get together, we could tighten things up.

you know, lower taxes, stop crime in the streets, outlaw illegal activities of all kinds with enforcement to achieve our goals.

sometimes when things are austere or promising to become so, rule by the iron fist might be the next best alternative?

Excuse me but, if an activity is illegal, isn't it already outlawed?

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes."
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
If the RCC is going to deny Biden communion, they have to also deny it to every single Democrat in the country as abortion is part of the party platform. I can't see them doing that. It would cost them too much money.

Yep.

The way I understand it[not Catholic], it is left up to each individual priest.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
So? How many catholic churches are there? I've been to a few and they all do things just a bit different from the other.

The doctrine is the same in ALL Roman Catholic churches, no variation at all. Now the liturgy like mass is prescribed exactly. Within that some variation is allowed such as the option of this prayer or that, Latin (with special permission) or the common language. Beyond that no variation is permitted.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
The true spiritual communion exists only with the believer and the Triune God - it is a purely personal matter and action as a part of one's faith. I cannot find one Biblical statement that designates or authorizes another human being - no matter how highly elevated or titled by a "religious" organization - to intervene or interfere with the communion between a believer and God. In the case of such denial for Biden, it is a non-issue in the reality of such communion. And, who cares?

And there is a key doctrinal difference. In Catholic doctrine there is nothing spiritual about it. The Eucharist is the true body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ. (As in "This is my body" not "This is a token of my body") To be physically one with Him yet reject Him by mortal sin is contradictory and irrational and an abomination.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nighthawk
But there's something like 36,000 protestant denominations. they all have the correct interpretation? Now I'm not questioning their intentions or sincerety, I'm sure Luther thought he got it right.
Actually, he regretted it until the day he died! laugh
http://www.catholicvoyager.com/2016/10/luthers-reformation-regret.html

FWIW, there are as many protestant denominations as there are protestants. And none of them have any more authority than any of the others. Which is about zero.

Politics is War by Other Means
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You can't help what you're born into. But to be a fully formed adult, and think you need a pedophile to carry your prayers to God, or that the idolatry practiced therein is consistent with a Christian faith is a little hard for me to understand.

I'm more independent minded I guess. There isn't a soul walking this earth more "holy" than me, if I feel the need to converse with my Lord, I don't need a go between lol.

But then again, it's easier I suppose to follow a creed and recite memorized phrases, and know that as long as you get to confession and spill you're sins to someone else and walk away absolved. We'll all find out in the end. But I rest easy knowing I've never funded by tithes or donation to the evils the Catholic church has done.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh man, if you believe that you have a lot of misconceptions about Catholicism. But I'm learning that is more common than I thought. Consider that Protestantism is an offshoot of Catholicism so they must have much in common.

Which explains a lot.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
You can't help what you're born into. But to be a fully formed adult, and think you need a pedophile to carry your prayers to God, or that the idolatry practiced therein is consistent with a Christian faith is a little hard for me to understand.

I'm more independent minded I guess. There isn't a soul walking this earth more "holy" than me, if I feel the need to converse with my Lord, I don't need a go between lol.

But then again, it's easier I suppose to follow a creed and recite memorized phrases, and know that as long as you get to confession and spill you're sins to someone else and walk away absolved. We'll all find out in the end. But I rest easy knowing I've never funded by tithes or donation to the evils the Catholic church has done.

Glory be to the father, the son and the holy spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be. World without end.....amen.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There isn't a soul walking this earth more "holy" than me, if I feel the need to converse with my Lord, I don't need a go between.

Truth.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh man, if you believe that you have a lot of misconceptions about Catholicism. But I'm learning that is more common than I thought. Consider that Protestantism is an offshoot of Catholicism so they must have much in common.
On the basis of a recent assessment, it looks as though I don’t have “conceptions” about the Roman Catholic organization – so very unlikely that I would have a misconception. However, I may be sensing one in your post. - that statement about “offshoot”.

You might consider a bit more in-depth study of that situation, going back to the time before the existence of the Roman Catholic organization and the actions that led to its current state – and maybe check out the evolutionary aspects running through Constantinople, etc.

If the Reformation was based on a systematically published “protest” of some fundamental aspects of the Roman Catholic organization, would “offshoot” be an accurate term for Protestants?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Tyrone
But there's something like 36,000 protestant denominations. they all have the correct interpretation? Now I'm not questioning their intentions or sincerety, I'm sure Luther thought he got it right.
Actually, he regretted it until the day he died! laugh
http://www.catholicvoyager.com/2016/10/luthers-reformation-regret.html

FWIW, there are as many protestant denominations as there are protestants. And none of them have any more authority than any of the others. Which is about zero.

Too funny!! What else would a rational person expect a catholic publication to publish? Not the truth. The reformers were all priests who were willing to give their lives for the truth. Most did. Luther was protected or he would have been burned alive, as was your churches wicked preference for execution, too.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Glory be to the father, the son and the holy spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be. World without end.....amen.

Here I thought that was quite funny.....

Hmm...

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by CCCC
The true spiritual communion exists only with the believer and the Triune God - it is a purely personal matter and action as a part of one's faith. I cannot find one Biblical statement that designates or authorizes another human being - no matter how highly elevated or titled by a "religious" organization - to intervene or interfere with the communion between a believer and God. In the case of such denial for Biden, it is a non-issue in the reality of such communion. And, who cares?

And there is a key doctrinal difference. In Catholic doctrine there is nothing spiritual about it. The Eucharist is the true body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ. (As in "This is my body" not "This is a token of my body") To be physically one with Him yet reject Him by mortal sin is contradictory and irrational and an abomination.

Transubstantiation is just a not so clever hoax created in Rome to bind the peasants to the church by fear which was and is a widespread tactic in many ramifications used by your church. Jesus didn't have to say the first communion was symbolic as that was obvious to all. If it was to be as you claim, why does not the bread fall from heaven as manna with the Lords DNA for evidence and a cloud rain His blood into a holy barrel? Because it's simply flour and grapes. It's hard and sad to believe that people today still are shilled by obvious scams.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L

Hmm...

Indoctrination doesn't always take does it? After 5 years of catholic school I told my parents that I was not going to go back, that made for an interesting summer. Public and private schools sucked too. Despite an innate love of learning I was never a fan of academia. I always thought that a library in the wilderness would be the perfect incubator of learning.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
[Transubstantiation is just a not so clever hoax

Whether you choose to believe it or not that's the doctrine. And why communion and mortal sin are incompatible. Just trying to get the facts right, you decide what you want to believe.

Which explains a lot.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I feel bad for some of the forum members here who have such a dim view of Catholicism. Many of you appear to assess it through the limited prism of your experience. Sad lives. However, two persons readily available I enjoy watching are Ravi Zacharias and Alistair Beeg both of whom can be found on YouTube for access to much of their previous delivered messages. Have a look for a while with an open mind. Either way, one day all questions will be answered.

The way life should be.
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Interesting conversation so far. What I find interesting about these discussions is how so many people "know" things that are contradictory to what somebody else knows. In the end it seems most likely that nobody actually knows anything, we're all just trying to muddle our way through.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bluefish
I feel bad for some of the forum members here who have such a dim view of Catholicism. Many of you appear to assess it through the limited prism of your experience. Sad lives. However, two persons readily available I enjoy watching are Ravi Zacharias and Alistair Beeg both of whom can be found on YouTube for access to much of their previous delivered messages. Have a look for a while with an open mind. Either way, one day all questions will be answered.

I think that I understand your point and your perspective, but no need to feel bad in my case brcause my view of Roman Catholocism is not dim. The view seems quite realistic on the basis of lifetime study and heavy interaction with people who are practicing Roman Catholics. Even if I were to view those YouTube presentations, I would still be looking through the "limited prism" of their experience. I am a limited human being, but my view of Roman Catholocism seems quite clear and bright. Of course I have only my own opinion, but my life does not seem to be "sad" due to lack of experience or understaning regarding spiritual matters- I simply keep trying to improve.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by lvmiker

Hmm...

Indoctrination doesn't always take does it? After 5 years of catholic school I told my parents that I was not going to go back, that made for an interesting summer. Public and private schools sucked too. Despite an innate love of learning I was never a fan of academia. I always thought that a library in the wilderness would be the perfect incubator of learning.

mike r

When you were pouring the water so the Priest could wash his hands......you were supposed to stop pouring when he wiggled his thumbs.

No....he couldn't simply withdraw his hands. You had to watch for the thumb wiggle.

Talk about indoctrination.....I never could even figure out the thumb wiggle!

It would look like two small birds splashing in a bird bath! Them thumbs was really a moving!

I am MAGA.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 160user, 1_deuce, 16penny, 1lessdog, 48 invisible), 2,870 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,493
Posts18,490,406
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.