Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
gzig5 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
The 25 year old Decelerator 752b on my synthetic stocked M700 .280 is getting pretty firm and more than a few shots at the bench become noticeable. Like the rifle, I'm older and don't handle recoil as well as I once did. I put Limbsaver pads on my kids M7's in the last couple years and they do a very good job of cushioning the blow. Not much to look at but that isn't a consideration on these rifles. Haven't been able to find a Decelerator locally to feel a difference so I'm asking here. How do the two compare for recoil reduction. My impression from what I remember and using new Limbsaver is that it is softer than the Pachmayr. I'm going to be doing a lot of bench shooting working up a new load so now is the time. I also want to replace the rock hard pad on my 300win Mag at some point so I'll be more likely to pull it out of the safe. Installation isn't a concern as I've done both and have a belt sander if fitting is needed. What say ye?

HR IC

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
6 in one hand, half-dozen in the other...

They are pretty much identical in how much they soak up recoil. The decelerator seems to be a bit "denser" to me, if that makes any sense.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Limbsaver and Remington Supercell seem most effective to me, followed by Kick-Eez and Decelerator, in that order. All work fairly well.

Now with even more aplomb
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by JPro
The Limbsaver and Remington Supercell seem most effective to me, followed by Kick-Eez and Decelerator, in that order. All work fairly well.

Exactly what my shoulder tells me.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I like the handling eeze of a decelerator over anything else. I don't see that much of a difference in recoil between those mentioned . I have no experience with a kick eez.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Limbsaver works better, but the Decelerator lasts longer.

TANSTAAFL
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Not fully related but the grind to fit Hoque EZG pads are a pleasure to work with and no internal metal, unlike the Decelerator. Clean up easily.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I really like the kick-eez sporting clays pads. The heel has a 45 degree chamfer which is nice for shouldering the rifle. They do have a weird “sticky” quality to them though that attracts dirt. I also find that they’re a little harder to grind than a decelerator pad. They like tear out in the final hand sanding phase. Soapy water and automotive sand paper helps a lot.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Speaking of KickEez. I got a couple Patriot pads from them. Still awaiting inspiration.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

https://kickeezproducts.com/recoil-pads/patriot-pads/

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
G
gzig5 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by JPro

Do the supercell pads come in a flat version that works on a generic stock? From what I found online it seems they have a step on the back side to go in a recess in a stock. My stock has an insert to take a standard flat pad.

https://www.amazon.com/Interstate-R...32&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-1-fkmr1

Last edited by gzig5; 10/31/19.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Speaking of KickEez. I got a couple Patriot pads from them. Still awaiting inspiration.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

https://kickeezproducts.com/recoil-pads/patriot-pads/

You'll enjoy the difference compared to the factory pad, those RAR pads are tuff.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Not fully related but the grind to fit Hoque EZG pads are a pleasure to work with and no internal metal, unlike the Decelerator. Clean up easily.

Just heard back from Hogue.

Pads are NAFTA!

Hecho en Mexico!

From the email response. Simply asked where the EZG pads are manufactured. At least it ain't China.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello (Edit MtnBoomer you handsome son of a gun),

Thank you for reaching out to us, I am happy to help with this inquiry.

Most of our grips and stocks are manufactured in either our San Diego, CA or Paso Robles, CA facility, but our recoil pads are among the products manufactured in our Hogue owned Mexico facility with US sourced materials and overseen by our owners, including Aaron and Pat Hogue, as well as our Hogue Production Team.

Thank you,

(Edit Hogue gal)

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crowkiller

I load all my recoil padded rifles into the safe muzzle down to reduce squashing. Not really sure if it helps, but it makes me feel better. smile

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Have a standard Limb Saver on my LH Benelli SBE. Can shoot 3" and 3.5" duck loads for 3 days straight in the duck blind without any bruising or discomfort. Put a Limb Saver AirTech on daughter's 20ga 1100 that she uses for sporting clays. She loves it. Have two slip on Limb Saver AirTech's that I use when I am adjusting LOP, or have taken a recoil pad off a stock. Have not used them extensively. However, they are comfortable as well.

The last two times I have ordered Decelerators have been when I wanted a red pad.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

This.

If looking for a lighter weight pad the Decelerator 1/2" pad does a good job soaking up recoil on all but the large boomers.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I like the looks and feel of the Decelorator. Don't like the sticky or mushy ones. The Decelorator can be made lighter by removing the steel plate. The Hogue pads are nice and one of the lightest. The sticky types will work better if you put them in the freezer and then lube with WD-40 or soapy water and go slowly.

Once done I put Armor all or wax on them so they are less sticky and less prone to hang up on clothing or collect dust.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Crow killer nailed it. Both Decelerator and Limbsaver work well. The Decelerator last much longer. I had the Limbsaver on my SBE and it started decentegrating every time I leaned it up against a tree or fence post. Very delicate and soft rubber.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

For sure. Limbsaver and Remington pads over time get sticky and soft. Remington will replace theirs.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a single limbsaver and while it works nicely, it's beginning to deteriorate. And about any gunsmith I've chatted with hates working with them (grind-to-fit). smile
The Decelerator wears like iron but as noted above, doesn't cushion the blow like the limbsaver.

I went with the Kick-Eez sporting clays pad on the last two rifles I had assembled and will likely go that route again - best of both worlds; wears better than the limbsaver and is softer than the decelerator. But I've also put my bigger magnum craze in the rear-view mirror so about anything works for me.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by SKane
I have a single limbsaver and while it works nicely, it's beginning to deteriorate. And about any gunsmith I've chatted with hates working with them (grind-to-fit). smile
The Decelerator wears like iron but as noted above, doesn't cushion the blow like the limbsaver.

I went with the Kick-Eez sporting clays pad on the last two rifles I had assembled and will likely go that route again - best of both worlds; wears better than the limbsaver and is softer than the decelerator. But I've also put my bigger magnum craze in the rear-view mirror so about anything works for me.

They are a b___ to grind, too gummy.

Everyone I've had eventually turns sticky and soft, gets replaced.

That doesn't happen with the Decelerator.

DF

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, afisher, 6 invisible), 1,471 guests, and 823 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,324
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.