Print Thread
Hop To
C
cotis Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I saw one of these posted recently. Curious enough to consider one, but I dont want to piecemeal it together. Doe anyone have a system working that they are interested in selling? Thanks

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is no piecing one together....All you need is the unit and a tripod. Only item you could consider is a battery pack as they suck batteries. I use the Bolt jump box I keep in all my rigs. I see folks buying aiming devices and such but I don’t get it as I just aim it within a couple feet of the target with it about 4-8” to the side of the muzzle and the muzzle about 1-3” in front of the unit and it works without a hitch.

What did you think you needed? Just wondering..,

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
tjg Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I agree - been using for about 2 years - bought a $20 rechargable battery pack off Amazon and the table stand from Labradar to put on bench instead of a tripod - works like a charm.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
They can be found used but it is rare. Usually the guy selling has buddies standing in line if they ever want to sell it. As far as piecing one together, There is no kit or system per say but I can do a package price but am not allowed to advertise it online due to the MAPP agreement. Near the holidays there is usually a sale that save $50-$60 on new ones.

You pick and choose the accessories you want. I always recommend the carry case, the battery pack and a support of some sort. They make a little tri-pod but any tri-pod will work. I don't put batteries inside mine for fear of the batteries leaking and ruining it. . I only use the battery pack. Any USB battery pack will work. The one they sell will last all day. I started with the metal table top plate but is looks to be discontinued. They came out with a new small tripod called the "Bench and Tripod All Purpose Mount" recently that is really slick and a lot lighter. All the stuff stores in the carry case.

At the range I use my smart phone as a remote to operate it. I have had most every chronograph made and this is the only one that allows you to compute the actual BC of your bullets. It reads from the muzzle and is capable of giving 5 readings per shot on out to 100 yards with 7mm or larger bullets. Smaller bullets still get 5 reading but not so far out. The interval lengths are easy to change in the set up. That BC feature is not built in but on the web you can fine calculators that will do it. . Once you get the hang of the LabRadar it makes all other chronographs obsolete.

I have owned most chronograph ever made. The only other one I have kept is the Magneto Speed. just because it is smaller and handier for just spot checking a few loads in the field but still affects the accuracy of some rifles when it is hooked to the muzzle.

Last edited by HiredGun; 10/03/19.

"Hired Gun" Quickest and fastest all motor sand car on the planet.
3.008 at 104.8 300' of sand.

NRA Patron Life Member, Gunsmith, Instructor, Chief RSO
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
tag

Retired cat herder.

IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Just curious if these devices will trigger when the guy next to you shoots and track his bullet.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ashworth
Just curious if these devices will trigger when the guy next to you shoots and track his bullet.

No for me also...

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
N
ned Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
If it does happen, never has to me, you can lower the "trigger" sensitivity level on your labradar in settings.

Ride well, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The annual holiday sale on LabRadar coming up soon.

"Hired Gun" Quickest and fastest all motor sand car on the planet.
3.008 at 104.8 300' of sand.

NRA Patron Life Member, Gunsmith, Instructor, Chief RSO
IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I’m looking for one if you let us know when that happens.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
The annual sale is soon to start. I got an email this morning and also saw this thread show up!

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...radar-on-sale-11-9-12-2-499#Post14246682

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Love my Labradar. Super accurate. Super easy to use. Can set it up while everyone else keeps shooting. It is great measuring velocity with every shot without disturbing barrel harmonics. It is so easy to use, I now pretty much always measure velocity.

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

I've got a magnetospeed, too, which also works really well. If you can afford the step up in price, the Labradar is the more convenient option, IMHO.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
It;s a great option--as long as you're chronographing load within its velocity and caliber limits--and the caliber limits are sometimes affected by the very small flat on the rear of very high-BC bullets.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
i've been considering the purchase of a LabRadar unit for some time. Shinbone's photos raise a concern that I have RE: muzzle brakes. Can this unit be used to chronograph shots fired through a side discharge muzzle brake?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I love mine I use it for my FX Crown pellet gun, Shinbone if you made a longer board you could probably clamp it to the back of that table and leave the dumbell at home.

Proud to be an American
United States Marine

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Just checked their website and it doesn't say anything about being on sale. At least yet.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
From their Email announcement.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

281 members (2ndwind, 308xray, 30Gibbs, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 34 invisible), 2,212 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,862
Posts18,478,591
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.