Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by watch4bear
I’m still coming in under budget this month

Is it always about you? grin Obama was that way also.

Well obviously it’s about me in your head.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now, now girls - settle down, please.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Must be that time of the month for this Sorority.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I liked Shrapnel's posts, I got the sense that he was tiring of what this forum has become. If Mule Deer does the same, there won't be much left, not much hunting and shooting content
They could rename it more accurately , something more trendy . In hunting camp ,around a fire, we talk hunting, look over each others firearms, swap a few lies , stretched out for effect and sip some good whiskey.

In hunting camp , the hunters are people with names in the phone book and if you become belligerent , lazy, overboozed you won't come back and it won't be your choice.
My little old opinion, I wish this forum was moderated more closely, No room for rudness and baseless political rants.And much, much less of it.
John Barsness it a treasure here, and others also -no reason this sinking ship cannot be righted .

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
great speech right there

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by comerade
I liked Shrapnel's posts, I got the sense that he was tiring of what this forum has become. If Mule Deer does the same, there won't be much left, not much hunting and shooting content
They could rename it more accurately , something more trendy . In hunting camp ,around a fire, we talk hunting, look over each others firearms, swap a few lies , stretched out for effect and sip some good whiskey.

In hunting camp , the hunters are people with names in the phone book and if you become belligerent , lazy, overboozed you won't come back and it won't be your choice.
My little old opinion, I wish this forum was moderated more closely, No room for rudness and baseless political rants.And much, much less of it.
John Barsness it a treasure here, and others also -no reason this sinking ship cannot be righted .
If you don't like what's posted or how the site is moderated, leave. Nobody will even know. There are thousands of posters here and you've been around what? Two, three years and have posted less than a thousand times. Thanks for your input. Now STFU and go to Dem Underground. They have plenty of mods there I've heard.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Birdie, FB and crisco do-wopping in synchrony, the Flave and Shrap rile them even in absentia. That is truly hilarious. LMAO

mike r

Ironic coming from you wink

You’re just mad because I exposed your scam selling Norincos to sleazy rich guys with foreign accents, slicked back hair, gold chains and mirror shades (no not you, them).

I ain’t said a word about Flave one way or the other. Dunno what troubles the man, if it does.
If I pictured Miker, it would probably be more like "Merman" on Spongbob.

Naaah I figure the rank NV Capitalist keeps hisself active enough that he could STILL kick most of our a$$es, but hey “Danger” is my middle name 😎

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

If you don't like what's posted or how the site is moderated, leave. Nobody will even know. There are thousands of posters here and you've been around what? Two, three years and have posted less than a thousand times. Thanks for your input. Now STFU and go to Dem Underground. They have plenty of mods there I've heard.

Sir, you talk gibberish.
Maybe it draws in folks that get some thrill insulting others...I don't for sure, but this is a forum keyed on hunting a shooting- not politics and conspiracy theories .I would hate to see J.B leave here, his is a classy guy, perhaps the best writer around, and he chooses this forum.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Not enough hero worship going on around here to suit him.

>>that gives me a big GRIN

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why don’t you guys grow up!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
How's ever bodies hangover?

LOL
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by add
Any Some Dude would post a rifle/gun/car he worked hard for and was proud of...

Ol' Shrap would shortly feel the need to come along and post a one-upmanship.
This post for the win. Deflave is okay.

Sums it up nicely...

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Whelenman

Hah! Look who's talkin'.

You have no room to talk about growing up.
Ya old fart.

Hey Toby/Paul/Magdaddy!!! How'd I do? I've been training for my stint as Toby and I figure asking the master of the position for tips would help me get up to speed.

Last edited by m_stevenson; 11/03/19.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Originally Posted by Whelenman

Hah! Look who's talkin'.

You have no room to talk about growing up.
Ya old fart.

Hey Toby/Paul/Magdaddy!!! How'd I do? I've been training for my stint as Toby and I figure asking the master of the position for tips would help me get up to speed.

Gotta be a bit meaner, make the old man cry........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Being denigrated by cool guys like criscoe,ee and birdie is a character reference.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Fireball2
How's ever bodies hangover?

no hangover here > got a dang cold and beer taste poorly. but the replies are good ! another GRIN

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I like Shrapnel's posts as well, he is a man of great knowledge on guns and history. I think there are a few here that are jealous of Shraps ability to buy whatever guns he wants and they try to make it out to be his fault as in being a braggart.

I'm glad he posts his finds up as I wouldn't have learned the things I've learned without him doing so.

That said, i'm glad this forum isn't moderated, we are all adults and should be able to figure things out and as an unmoderated forum the Campfire is not for pussies, if you don't like whats posted go somewhere else on the board. lots of forums and subforums to sift through.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cool, Now back to the important stuff....”is yo mama hot?” 😂😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would agree that the nature of subject matter on the Hunters Campfire has shifted during the past few years and that the general tone of posts/discussions has become less erudite. This may be because some of the early key Campfire stalwarts have left (death, disinterest, etc.) and their previous heavy influence is missed, it may be due to the tenor of social change as exemplified by younger/newer/less experienced participants, it may simply be due to the natural evolutionary degradation of most social groups - who knows? I do know that some very excellent and enjoyable guys no longer spend much time here and have shifted to a Facebook venue to continue their association one with another. Not having managed to do that with them, I appreciate their reasons and what they are doing.

Having been mostly a solo hunter/fisherman for the past 30 years I would not know from direct experience, but maybe the tone and tenor of discussions while sitting around actual campfires in 2019 are greatly different than they were 20 or 30 years ago. If so, it would be no surprise that this forum has shifted as well.

I seem to prefer the old ways and those in-depth discussions about firearms, reloading techniques and successes, performance on game and targets, where and how to hunt, etc., etc. - and have never appreciated the blowhards, the show-offs who brag and post voluminous photos of the latest great acquisitions (which actually are far exceeded by humble folks who own far better and nicer stuff - and know more), and don't appreciate the foul-mouthed wise guys who specialize in put-downs, insults and efforts to make themselves feel more important by denigrating someone else. Juvenile stuff. But, this place is a reflection of real life.

Fortunately, there is very good info and discussion on some of the other Forums here. Even more fortunately, through this medium I have met and grown to know and enjoy some first-class people - we manage to get together face-to-face and the richness and gratification of real time with such genuinely fine and very knowledgeable people is the best result of my time here. So, many thanks.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Oh, so he’s too busy pulling off friggin’ awesome hunts, like creeping on his belly for a couple of hours to take a bedded down pronghorn with an antique lever gun.

Two miles from the truck, I wonder how he got it back.

This from the stud who bicycled the west........

by strapping his bicycle to a bike rack on a motor vehicle.

Too funny.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

693 members (16gage, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 71 invisible), 3,241 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,543
Posts18,510,158
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.