Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

boomer is the same as a n_____?

Makes sense to me. Shoe fits where it eh?

MAGA
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Haha!

I could do that.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
People just live too long now days. We can thank modern medicine I suppose. The boomers should be dead by now.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Almost there.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I don't like this derogatory use of the word Boomer. Don't be so lazy, use the whole thing, Baby Boomer. Thanks!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The boomers had it better than any. prosperity wherever someone was willing to work. Land could be bought for a reasonable price that reflected the living one could make off it. The debt to income ratio was the best it had ever been, before or since. I don't fault them for being lucky in their opportunities. I do object when they Call Gen Xers (and yes millennials) lazy though. Yes I know millennials are wrought with problems because they can be triggered an snowflakes and all that stuff, most of them. But that aside lets look at the facts. Just look at now, most families need a double income to survive, Half of what both those people make goes towards putting a roof over their heads and even more to put food on the table. want a new vehicle (which I've never owned) plan on spending 30-50% of what your house cost (or more). all of these facts can be easily proved and are nothing new. Boomers didn't cause it, they just reaped it. Yes for a lot of them they didn't mean to F over the next generations. but they were prosperous, and wanted a good life. so they buy land to retire on and have that rustic rural atmosphere they grew up with, thus subdividing homes and ranches (because hey that pays more than grass and crops) driving up land prices to 3-10x the cost of what the land could earn. all the while telling the future generations that they are lazy and don;t know what hard work is. I've done some research and historically the amount of disposable income vs cost of living was vastly greater than it is now, one only needed ambition to make a great living. Such is no longer the case, and hasn't been for a while. it is what it is. This is just a small slice of the greater whole. if I'm wrong, prove me wrong, but I doubt you can.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All I gotta say if your not a Boomer is HA HA grin

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Boomer Privilege - isn't he related to Bagger Vance?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
* You're

YOU'RE welcome
- genX

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Well, you triggered snowflake, how does it feel to be the next generation to have to pay enough in taxes to support your peers who are too lazy to work for a living? The fact that any of you who actually produce anything of value have to drag a couple of families along on your coat tails who feel "entitled" to anything they want without having to work for it doesn't make me a feel a bit sorry for you. We did it for years, for the parents and grandparents of the current crop of parasites, and still managed to build our homes (and pay for them) and managed to invent the cell phones and other electronic toys you can't seem to live without. Cry me a river!

For the moment, I'm going to enjoy roaming around on the hundred acres I sweated my balls off to pay for, and sleeping in my paid-for home every night. I already gave my kids 5 acres each to kick start their route to independence, and they don't seem to appreciate it much. When the time comes, they're welcome to join the line of bidders to purchase the remaining 90 acres and finance my final years once having property becomes a chore instead of a blessing.

Now, get off your whiny ass and do your thing- - - - -we blazed the trail for you!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ok boomer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by starsky
Ok boomer.

laugh

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Boomers - the ones who mostly birthed and raised millennials.....

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by starsky
Ok boomer.

laugh

Phucqk!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Great article. Goad is spot on.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
The boomers had it better than any. prosperity wherever someone was willing to work. Land could be bought for a reasonable price that reflected the living one could make off it. The debt to income ratio was the best it had ever been, before or since. I don't fault them for being lucky in their opportunities. I do object when they Call Gen Xers (and yes millennials) lazy though. Yes I know millennials are wrought with problems because they can be triggered an snowflakes and all that stuff, most of them. But that aside lets look at the facts. Just look at now, most families need a double income to survive, Half of what both those people make goes towards putting a roof over their heads and even more to put food on the table. want a new vehicle (which I've never owned) plan on spending 30-50% of what your house cost (or more)....

See - that is your generation's problem. You can't even do simple math. Or you have really bad judgement. Or both.

What a load of horsecrap.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One thing for sure, Boomers are responsible for where the country is at/was. Whether you feel that is good or bad is up to you.

Pretty soon/now it’ll be the fruits of GenX that’ll be on the table to examine and criticize.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by MadMooner
One thing for sure, Boomers are responsible for where the country is at/was. Whether you feel that is good or bad is up to you.

Pretty soon/now it’ll be the fruits of GenX that’ll be on the table to examine and criticize.

It's already started.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
The boomers had it better than any. prosperity wherever someone was willing to work. Land could be bought for a reasonable price that reflected the living one could make off it. The debt to income ratio was the best it had ever been, before or since. I don't fault them for being lucky in their opportunities. I do object when they Call Gen Xers (and yes millennials) lazy though. Yes I know millennials are wrought with problems because they can be triggered an snowflakes and all that stuff, most of them. But that aside lets look at the facts. Just look at now, most families need a double income to survive, Half of what both those people make goes towards putting a roof over their heads and even more to put food on the table. want a new vehicle (which I've never owned) plan on spending 30-50% of what your house cost (or more)....

See - that is your generation's problem. You can't even do simple math. Or you have really bad judgement. Or both.

What a load of horsecrap.

It's easy to say something is crap, why don't you actually make a legible response and back up your horse crap comment. Unless you want to say the average person lives in a 500,000 home and drives a kia. now I appreciate your attempt at a blow by suggesting I have real bad judgement and or am bad at math, because you haven't a leg to stand on. I gave your generation it's credit, you saw opportunity and you seized it. that opportunity no longer exists the way it once did. it does to a little degree, but not nearly like it was even when I was a kid.
Here is a little info to get you up to speed. Just for a point of reference, I served in the US Navy and then went to college later so I guess even though I'm a Gen Xer, I probably fall more inline with the millenials as far as stage of my life and occupational level. and I'm ok with that since I pretty much have a job that most would kill for and I have control over my schedule. I however am the exception, not the rule.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mil...for-a-longer-time-to-become-homeowners-1

"when the debate is lost slander becomes the tool of the loser" - Socrates

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Socrates said that? All I can remember of his quotes was when he said, "Wow, that sure didn't TASTE like tomato juice!"

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1badf350, 222ND, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 61 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,909
Posts18,518,630
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.