-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Those old white bastards sittin at home, mama done runnoft ta Canaduh, nothing ta do so's they vote democrat.

LOL

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm probably the only man in Kentucky who has converted a Canadian woman into a conservative.

It wasn't easy.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JamesJr
This is a state that has typically had a Democrat Governor, yet voted for a Republican president. Lots of good ole boy Democrats who still believe FDR saved the world.

My grandparents from Rockcastle County ,KY. [berea] - breer as they pronouced it right off I-75 , went to their graves diehard dems , they thought my mom and us boys were completely crazy .
Pap spoke often about how FDR ''got that money moving'' . smile . The Dems progressed and he didn't get the memo .

He did time for moonshining , twice .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
well i feel good in a way, converted a couple of my sons groid friends into seeing the light...

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by ol_mike

My grandparents from Rockcastle County ,KY. [berea] - breer as they pronouced it right off I-75 ,

lolol,....I hear that all the time. It's a tradition of mine when we're returning from a trip down south to see the Berea exit,...to say to my wife,..."We're almost home,...we're in Buh-rear".

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
For the record,...my wife can't pronounce Raleigh to save her life. We usually spend the night in a hotel there when we're going to the ocean.

She calls it "Rally".

I've worked with her on it for hours on end,..

"Rah-Lee"

She repeats, "Ral-Lee"

That goes on all the way there.

She can say Winston-Salem, however.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Pap was from Kirby Knob in above Big Hill - Granny was from Burnt Ridge - just little spots four hollars from Buh-rear . Still have family there .

Had a girlfriend years ago couldn't say 'orange' erenge came out eveytime she never could get the Or to take off .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm probably the only man in Kentucky who has converted a Canadian woman into a conservative.

It wasn't easy.

I hear ya! I converted a Latin beauty that works for the federal government, talk about a challenge, I bit off a big one myself, but she hates her a democrat. .

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I take it the Republican governor of Kentucky got defeated by a Commie. Sorry to hear of it. He was a good one.

Kansas had the same thing happen, last election. It was easy to read it here because the former Governor Brownback, was widely hated and accused of corruption. He'd gave up his seat to some other Republican and then another hated Rep, Chris Kobach, the Secretary of State, who had control over the election itself, somehow won the primary against better choices. So then the Dem won. Bevin's loss is a lot harder for me to explain as he seemed popular, but I know little about Kentucky's politics state-wise.

Some of this stuff is hard to understand if your only internet hangout is the 'fire. Mine isn't, but it's close.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We will have to build a fence around Kentucky.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
bristoes falt........

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It took Arkansas a long time to go Republican. I don't even like to remember how many times that I have heard, "My Great Grandpappy was a Democrat, My Grandpappy was a Democrat, My Daddy was a Democrat, and by god I am a Democrat." Old Reconstruction memories run deep here. Arkansas finally went full Republican a few years ago, and I hope it lasts. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Follow the money.. outside money.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Fuggit,...I cain't move again. I ain't unloaded from moving the last time.

Besides,...where can a man go to get away from the idiots?

They're everywhere.

Word.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
It took Arkansas a long time to go Republican. I don't even like to remember how many times that I have heard, "My Great Grandpappy was a Democrat, My Grandpappy was a Democrat, My Daddy was a Democrat, and by god I am a Democrat." Old Reconstruction memories run deep here. Arkansas finally went full Republican a few years ago, and I hope it lasts. miles

Same way in Kentucky. I know many people who are still registered Democrats yet haven't voted for a Democrat in years. They won't change because they say that their ancestors would roll over in their graves if they knew there was a Republican in the family. Republican was a dirty word here for many years, and for good reason too, as this was a slave state, and though Kentucky did not secede from the Union, most of the state was pro-Southern in their views.

Kentucky was well on it's way to becoming Republican, having a Republican House and Senate, governor, most state officials, two US senators, and a state that Trump won in a landslide........but this election shows what happens when you elect a controversial figure to office, even if that person is of the party in power.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The sooner we all come to the realization the republic is lost, the sooner you can make plans to hunker down and hopefully live the rest of your days without the government taking all your assets to pay off the great unwashed, which constitutes AT LEAST 50% of the population. Virginia is now gone as well, as is California and Arizona, all three were pretty much R states. Texas is next...

Look at this map, Looks like a microcosm of the entire US , yet the R still lost. Why? because between the immigrant invasion and democrats, they are outfucking us. period,
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EIp85vWUUAAvgNg?format=jpg&name=small[/img]

Last edited by jorgeI; 11/06/19.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The Libertarian Party is celebrating that they took in 28,000 + votes costing Bevin the election. Once the Libertarian Party put a gun grabbing Liberal as VP on the 2016 Ticket I knew in my heart of hearts they were a fraud party and a dangerous one at that. After 2016 I was done with them.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Harry M
The Libertarian f u c k i n g IDIOTS Party is celebrating that they took in 28,000 + votes costing Bevin the election. Once the Libertarian Party put a gun grabbing Liberal as VP on the 2016 Ticket I knew in my heart of hearts they were a fraud party and a dangerous one at that. After 2016 I was done with them.

Same IDIOTS that voted for Perot and gave us clinton...

Last edited by jorgeI; 11/06/19.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Bevin had serious problems. He couldn't keep his mouth shut and antagonized some substantial voting blocs in KY. He picked a fight with his Lieutenant Governor and made an enemy out of her, and although she was a carpetbagger, she apparently was fairly well thought of in Libertarian circles. And not only did he start screwing with state pensions, he basically told the teachers to GF themselves when they complained. Something has to be done about the pension problem for sure, but you don't flip the teachers the bird while you're doing it.

If you want to know what happened in KY, no need to look any further than a nobody Libertarian candidate getting 28,000 votes, and Bevin calling every teacher in the state a whining crybaby. A more palatable Republican candidate would have won easily.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by auk1124
Bevin had serious problems. He couldn't keep his mouth shut and antagonized some substantial voting blocs in KY. He picked a fight with his Lieutenant Governor and made an enemy out of her, and although she was a carpetbagger, she apparently was fairly well thought of in Libertarian circles. And not only did he start screwing with state pensions, he basically told the teachers to GF themselves when they complained. Something has to be done about the pension problem for sure, but you don't flip the teachers the bird while you're doing it.

If you want to know what happened in KY, no need to look any further than a nobody Libertarian candidate getting 28,000 votes, and Bevin calling every teacher in the state a whining crybaby. A more palatable Republican candidate would have won easily.

Long term, I think Bevin's straight talk will pay off. People are going to see what happens to their paycheck from this election.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (02bfishn, 1234, 1lessdog, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 58 invisible), 2,422 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,570
Posts18,491,864
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.