Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
We can learn from our dog; Dogs have no sense of physical infirmities much less dwell on them, they just carry on doing regular dog stuff to the best of their abilities.

Good point Birdy....... many thinks we can learn from dogs...

I’ll draw the line at smelling a strangers butt and licking my balls.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was born about 10,000 years ago.
There ain't nothin' in this world I don't know.
I saw Adam, Eve and Moses, playing ring around the roses.
And I'll whup the man who says it isn't so.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by Gus

a man's or woman's heart only beats an x number of times in a lifetime. if not a man nor woman, i have no clue how often their heart beats, as no data available.

when one comes to the end of the number of heartbeats issued at the beginning of the assignment, well that is that.

Soooo...all those people that exercise to speed up their heart rate ( i.e. cardio) however temporarily, are shortening their lives? Or are we each issued a different X in the amount column?

Stress is stress, regardless.

i agree totally.

there's good stress, and less than good stress?

stress kills w/o a doubt.

exercise, and food consumption affects one.

DNA is something we have no control over.

the metaphysical is real or it isn't?

can anyone imagine a human controlling their own Fate?

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I am 68, and those 78 year old women look at me like I am a piece of meat.

laugh Yes they do. They've been doing that since I was 58.

At 71 I still felt pretty young. Now 72 seems old .

Last edited by websterparish47; 11/08/19.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I was born about 10,000 years ago.
There ain't nothin' in this world I don't know.
I saw Adam, Eve and Moses, playing ring around the roses.
And I'll whup the man who says it isn't so.

i have no problem with your perspective and understanding.

please, carry on.

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I never thought about my age until both my parents and then my wife all died of cancer.
Now I think about it all the time. I go dancing at least two times a week and lift weights every other day.

It is hard to find attractive women to date when you are 65. You had better do that now.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I had a great grandfather that was still active past 90. Still enjoying going out to get coffee, or off to the races. In fact it was slipping over at the races and busting his hip, at 92, which saw him off to the hospital never to return. He had always been active - saw frontline service in WWI and was an active sportsman - but he'd also had the habit of starting the day with a strong coffee and a cigarette.

His son, my grandfather, was still skiing and spearfishing past his mid-80s. He used to laugh at the fact that there was a scheme for free lift passes for the old, and while the minimum age for these crept up over the years he stayed ahead of it. He'd left a comfortable job in Switzerland to join the Hungarian Air Force when WWII started, and as well as flying combat missions on the Eastern front (and being shot down once) he fought on the ground in the front-line near Stalingrad and survived the retreat from Russia. He and my grandmother stayed in good form until about 90-ish, and died within months of each other, both 94.

My other grandfather continued to engage in physical work on the farm into his eighties, though he had slowed down a bit by then. Smoking eventually killed him, but it took 76 years of it to do the job.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'll be 69 next month and hope to hit 80. My mother will be 90 in January, and she's not doing well, dementia is catching up with her. I've had several good friends pass in the last 9 years. Most didn't live to be the age I am now.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by Gus

a man's or woman's heart only beats an x number of times in a lifetime. if not a man nor woman, i have no clue how often their heart beats, as no data available.

when one comes to the end of the number of heartbeats issued at the beginning of the assignment, well that is that.

Soooo...all those people that exercise to speed up their heart rate ( i.e. cardio) however temporarily, are shortening their lives? Or are we each issued a different X in the amount column?

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?

A: Heart only good for so many beats, and that it... Don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speed up heart not make live longer; that like say you can extend life of car by driving faster. Want live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?

A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does cow eat? Hay and corn. What are these? Vegetables.. So, steak nothing more than efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to system. Need grain? Eat chicken.. Beef also good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable).. And pork chop can give 100% recommended daily allowance of vegetable products.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?

A: No, not at all. Wine made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine. That means they take water out of fruity bit; get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made out of grain. Bottoms up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?

A: If you have body and you have fat, ratio is one to one. If you have two bodies, ratio is two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?

A: Cannot think of single one, sorry. My philosophy: No Pain...Good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?

A: YOU NOT LISTENING!!! ..... Foods fried in vegetable oil. How getting more vegetables be bad for you?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?

A: Definitely not! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only do sit-ups if want bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?

A: You crazy? HELLO . Cocoa beans! Vegetable!!! Cocoa beans best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?

A: If swimming good for figure, explain whales to me.

Q: Is getting in-shape important for my lifestyle?

A: Hey! 'Round' is shape!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
There is no disgrace to being old it is just inconvenient.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
IC B3

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Deans

totally agreed.

as a young man, i just hated getting drafted.

now, as a retired individual, i just hate getting old.

how can we get away from all the hate, more or less?

in general, getting older happened faster than i had anticipated.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Some young folks, town kids, make me feel older than old. I asked a thirty something today if he knew of the TV show, Bonanza, dumb look, "no."

I asked him if he knew of Lawrence Welk, same look. I gave up.

I may have to go to a nursing home, or cemetery to find someone to talk to some day. frown

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your old when you can no longer get out of bed by yourself and you need help to get up.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If I'd a knowed I wuz gonna life so long, I'd a took better care of ma self.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Turn 60 on Monday (Veterans Day). I’ll be in Maine with my son and a couple buddies deer hunting. My dad is 86 and fighting a blood issue but still active. Used to tell my mom you have to keep moving or they shovel dirt on you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Will be 50 tomorrow.
Oldest I have ever been.

Various things have me feeling much older.
Arthritis runs in the family, started before 40, it's getting worse.
Shedding pounds has helped the knees, not the shoulders to fingers.
Old, no.

Just stiff and a bit sore from time to time.

But, my stepdad is 75 and has only slowed and weakend a bit.
He still is in decent shape, with great joints.
His knee was bothering him, I shared some glucosamine.
Funny, that.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Deans

Ohhh, I dunno...when there's something you want to say and you would never have said it when you were younger, but for some reason no one will take you to task over it when you're older, it can be downright convenient.

:grumpyoldfart:

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I find that my definition of “old” keeps adjusting yearly.

Yup.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not much you can do about aging except keep pushing it back as long as you can. Looking at my 77th birthday just down the road, I have to admit that I have finally begun to feel my age...but it doesn't really feel like 77! grin

Last edited by mudhen; 11/08/19.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
62 soon, I made my choices, I chose heavy work for a living, rode a few bronc's, and a pile of colts and some dandy ponies . No regrets, I have been to heaven on earth, right here in our back yard, the Rockies.
A lucky man is one who eats 3 squares a day , has a reasonably good wife, and a damn fine saddle horse. ( a sign on the wall)

I choose to go with my boots on when the good Lord calls. God bless all the Geezers.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 673, 16 invisible), 1,631 guests, and 995 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,484
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.