-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Was in McDonalds yesterday and a good looking gal cut in front of me at the drink machine.

She says; Oh, sorry! and I said I don't mind a good looking gal cutting in from of me!

Then I said; I hoped I was old enough that she wouldn't be offended, and told her I had just turned 67.

She said she was 50, and thought I looked about her age!

I wanted to kiss her for being so polite! (GRIN!)

Virgil B.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I am past 73, and was recently asked if I wanted to join the new multi million dollar Senior Center the City built. I declined, saying I hate to be around all those damn old people. smile

Sam, you should have told them you hate to be around all those damn old liberals.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tikkanut

born the winter of '52..........do the math......

small farm keeps me active......eat well....no junk food to speak of

Go exploring desert/mountains on SxS or 'Taco truck very often....shoot every day or so...

Wife is 11 yrs younger.......that helps too........ blush

Taco trip yesterday.......65* & sunny.....send some rain !!!!!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

sounds like a pretty good plan....

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That whole getting old thing is something I don't like to think about. My father is 90, my mom passed away 26 years ago, I watch him and I do not have any desire to be him.

The odds of my wife living that long are no high. She has her mental and physical issues which include COPD and diabetes. Her family does not seem long lived, dying in their 60's. So I basically face old age alone.

My father in times of crisis has had his children to care for him. I don't have that. I have no children. No one to help me and no one to see to my affairs. That would mean being dumped into some rat infested nursing home to wait for death.

I won't have it. At that point the likelihood of ending my own life is rather high. Now I can't see into the future so I have no idea what will be, but that is one strong vision. I've told people on this subject that as long as I'm making a rational decision it is between me and God and they should mind their own business. Anybody who says that is never a rational decision hasn't seen someone on a slow and lonely, and often painful, slide towards death.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just a number.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Don't know if 70 is really old but do know personally it's not really young...74 this month.

Hang on to your memories; they're better than the real thing ever was - Joe Sherlock

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On and off all my life I have come and gone from Florida at different periods of time.
It's the land of old farts by far, like a plague or invasion, they are everywhere.

Some get old earlier than others, it seems to be a mind-set.

Among those that seem closest to normal, health and psychologically it seems like 90 is really old.

No matter what one does everything catches up with you by then. It's not the end, but just more stuff you can't do than what you can do.
90 plus and healthy seem to be best at sleeping most the day.

Weight seems to bring most down faster, probably just the toll it takes on a human body to cart the mass around coupled with lack of activity which seems typical with fat people, just don't see a lot of old fat guys.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Every body gets older. Some of us just do not get old. I am 70 and still have the college kids in the neighborhood come see me and take me places with them. You do not have to get old.......just older!

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Boggy Creek Ranger called me out 16 years ago when I referred to myself as "middle aged".

I was 55.

I'm still not old - just older. Beats the crap out of the alternative.

Right shoulder doesn't like certain extentions, left knee bitched about those 4, 1.5 mile downhill, 70 lb backplack loads of caribou. Doesn't mind the uphills tho.

Both have been operated on in the past. I need to get more exercise/better conditioning for that kind of stuff.

Last edited by las; 11/09/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
W. C. Fields (for those of you old enough to remember him) said you are only as old as who you feel. Guess that's why he was always surrounded by young ladies...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a neighbor who is 94 now, he takes me places.
Last time we hit the woods in his truck we kinda got turned around a little.
He hauls azz on the back roads and makes a lot of random turns.
We came to a jct. of two two dirt roads and I asked him if he knew where we were as he randomly turned again.
He just said we couldn't be lost cause we still had 3/4 of a tank of gas.

Just after he turned 90 he came over and told me he needed some help.
He couldn't get the five gallon jug of diesel up to the tank on his backhoe, it was just too much.

Took me a few minutes to get there and by the time I did he was done with it and the hoe was idling along warming up.
Said he found he could do two 2 1/2 gallon jugs just fine.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Lifetime friend passed away two days ago on her birthday. She didn't think she was old. She turned 109 on her birthday. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Depends..........

It depends on what????

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by oldtimer303

Lifetime friend passed away two days ago on her birthday. She didn't think she was old. She turned 109 on her birthday. GW

Holy Schitt... God Bless Her!!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
OrangeOakie: "Vanity, thy name is woman"!
Anyone who judges their personal worth or happiness on their looks has PROBLEMS.
Anyone who judges another persons personal worth on their looks is also shallow.
Hint.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Anyone who judges another persons on their looks is also shallow.

Depending, of course, on the size of her knockers.

Jorge

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
110 years is old.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My Dad, a vietnam vet is 74.

Last Saturday morning he humped his climber a 1/2 mile into the Blue Ridge mountains on WMA, found a spot full of sign, climbed a tree, bow killed a 90 lb doe, hiked back to truck, dumped off bow and climber, humped back in with cart, field dressed deer, carted deer out, took deer home, skinned deer, quartered up, ground hamburger and fully packaged deer before all before 2pm solo.

I highly doubt I will be able to do such at his age.

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I play hockey...Ice Hockey... with a guy that is 84 yrs. old!! He says he's just older, not old.

He can't keep up anymore, but he's out there doin' it.

Older enough to be a dad to most of us, who are mostly in our 60's.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not sure "old" can be determined by years. Some 80 years olds climb mountains and some 60 year olds can't put their underwear on without getting hung up in them.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (12344mag, 16penny, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,137
Posts18,484,034
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.