Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by GregW
Big plus one for Brad....

Some people really need to get out more....

+2.......pretty pitiful really.

Johnny why is it pitiful? I thought it was funny... and enlightening....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
HR IC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 16bore
Gosh guys, I was just having fun.....there’s nothing to talk about anymore and all the good rifles have already been built.

#sadface

Welcome to the club 16 Bore.... we aren't allowed to criticize or have fun at Stick's expense..... maybe it is don't pic on the retard kinda thing.... I am awaiting answers

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Big Stick is the epitomy of low life, bottom feeding. I think you, Jud, and Fred rightfully put him in his place a long time ago and he's too dense to admit it. Time to move on though, IMHO. I put him on ignore a long time ago so I wouldn't be tempted to respond to his tired old copy and past BS.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Johnny, that makes sense... don't beat a dead horse sorta thing....

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by irfubar
Thanks Johnny, that makes sense... don't beat a dead horse sorta thing....

Got to thinking about it irfubar.......if you noticed I erased my post.......I can't bring myself to feel sorry for the dreadful gnome no matter what. He deserves it. Thanks for the legitimate question and your thoughts. Gotta agree with you (and you guys).

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I am actually in favor of 16Bores personal redredging... The reason is that those posts, however long ago, were much more civil. The writing and social intercourse from that time was much better than it is now. It was much more positive. Right now, most of the posts on most of the sub-forums are pretty ho-hum. I wish that somebody would redredge Allan Day and BobNH posts. I really liked those.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 16bore
Gosh guys, I was just having fun.....there’s nothing to talk about anymore and all the good rifles have already been built.

#sadface

#onelove

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gentleman.

May I please set the record straight in order to save face. I had a major life event that drove me to this shallow behavior.

Several weeks ago I purchased “back” (kinda, sorta) a T3 Lite in 30-06 that’s wearing modified LW’s and will soon have my trusty M8 6x42 M1 on top. Very much the same rig I had many moons ago, sans the red bolt shroud that I just cannot pry away from my brother in law.

There’s nothing left for me to tinker with and shear boredom set in.

I will pursue another hobby in order to fill the tinker-time that this rig has so robbed from me.

Sincerely,

16 Bore(d)

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Mannlichers, Sauers, Savage 99s, Pre-Garcia Sakos, and Brnos. Research, look for and go....

Last edited by kaboku68; 11/10/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cabin fever... that's my excuse..... usually

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Justahunter
Yeah... I usually like 16 bore's posts. Still do for the most part. Can't imagine a grown man needing to spend as much time as he has acting like a 3rd grader. No better (and a strong argument for being worse) than the person he is trying to shame...

Todd

Todd,

You have several others here that agree with you and share you sentiments... so I would like to extend this question to all of you. Todd is drawing a moral equivalence between 16 Bore posting old Stick threads and Stick behavior here today.

I must admit that dumbfounds me....

This has been going on for awhile now and this may be a good time to figure this out once and for all..... Fred, Jud and I spare with Stick on a regular basis and get roundly criticized for it... the same people who call us out never call Stick out for his behavior... why is that?

I know many people are fed up with Stick and his behavior.... a few post opinions ... as they should.

Maybe a year ago I put Stick on ignore and didn't respond directly to any of his post.. I did respond to people responding to his post and read a few of Sticks post due to the quote function, ignore does not hide those.
I did this as an experiment, the critics still gave me hell..... yet again Stick gets a pass.... this seems incredibly odd to me.

I have always spoke my mind, good or bad and it has caused me both grief & joy in my life... I have always stood up to bullies and mean arrogant people.... I think they need to be stood up to.
I understand that's not everybody's cup of tea.

How come I am told to ignore Stick? yet when people disagree with my post they are not told to ignore me?

I know Boomer thinks I am emotionally involved and probably believes I am lashing out because Stick was mean to me? I have said many times I joust with Stick for my entertainment and it is fun to expose hypocrisy....

I have never met Stick and most likely never will..... Stick has no clue who I am and what I am.... his criticism's of me seem like canned responses... WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD i TAKE THAT PERSONAL? his criticism is pretty much 180 deg off, I suspect that is because he doesn't care to read my post and that is fine.... at this point I hope he never does.

When I first found the campfire I read for about a year with very little posting by me. I almost dismissed this place initially because of Stick and his followers.... as an outsider looking in I could not believe what I was seeing.. the juvenile behavior of Stick and his followers..... the groupies and group think was something to behold.....

With the advantage today of hind sight I see many people felt the same way I do... and today Stick is pretty much loathed by the majority....

I am also curious how many have left because of Stick? or maybe never joined? hmmm food for thought.

As far as Fred , Jud and me being a little crude at times, this is because Stick sets the tone, the rules of the game so to speak.... very rarely does that tone carry over to threads that Stick isn't involved in.
Stick is the common denominator in these train wreck threads....

I understand two wrongs don't make a right... I also understand we are free to speak our minds.

Jud & Fred will be the first to congratulate someones trophy or compliment a nice build etc...

Has anyone ever seen Stick do that? EVER? hmmm , thus another question about moral equivalence..... where is it?

Boomer will be along to criticize this post and think I am all emotionally involved , and again he will be wrong..... another double standard.. Boomer can post about his wife his job etc.... go on and on regarding personal and emotional stuff..... posting like a chick and nobody says a word... and that's probably the best response honestly.

Anyone care to answer these questions I am all ears..... this genuinely confounds me.

I have little doubt that at some point in the future I will have angered enough here that posting and participating will no longer be fun and I will simply join the others who have left.....
And Stick will still be around working on his 100k post......

It's quite simple... 16bore has a lot to offer the forums. His posts are usually great. "stick" is nothing more than one of the best forum trolls the WWW has ever seen. I pretty much refuse to acknowledge "stick" even exists because he doesn't. There is no way a man could walk around public America acting like that and not be bleeding from every orifice in his face. When you guys choose to measure dicks with him, you automatically loose. You will never win with that guy and he loves it. He feeds on it and you guys keep him alive. He will never go away. You guys, like 16bore, bring a lot of decency to the forums. When you engage with him, you loose that, and you are better than that. In my opinion, a good man loosing his decency in a fight with a troll has to drop further than the man who has no decency at all. In my opinion, that is worse.

A good man digging up many old threads that do nothing but pollute an otherwise knowledgeable forum base, just to rub a personal, no-way-to-win-fight in the faces of people who actually like to discuss and read about hunting rifles is unbecoming.

This is all in my opinion. Don't feed the troll and there will be no drama. It took me a while to learn that myself.

Good shooting,

Todd

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Todd.

Helps me understand a little more... can't say I agree completely, but that's ok......... good luck to you this season

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Todd,

I also find it interesting you think we are in a "dick measuring" contest with Stick........ I can assure you I am not.... your opinion may be based on a false premise.... just a thought

And if we were to go away I am sure Stick will continue on........ narcissist need constant accolades....

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
That was a poor choice of words. I could have said "argument" to get my point across. I do apologize for that.

You are right. You go away, he'll still be here... Simply because it is human nature to "watch the head roll down the highway" and there will always be somebody who thinks they can win... Unfortunately, decent posters are hard to replace on internet forums. Trolls come in spades. I haven't spent hardly any time reading "sticks" posts, but cruising through the threads and trying to make heads or tails of them, I haven't found anybody who likes him yet. Maybe because anybody who does doesn't matter.

Todd

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are only a few of us who respond to Big Stick. I don't try to ever get down to his level; but, I don't like bullies so I respond, occasionally. What troubles me more is when I see those of us who are willing to respond to and go after Big Stick start using Big Stick's exact tactics on others on the forum. That's bad juju and I've got no time for that. And no, I have never seen my friend 16bore do this; but, there are others. They have devolved into that which they loathe. Frankly, it makes them worse in my eyes.

On a side note, don't kid yourself, threads like this in which we discuss the homunculus from Alaska are exactly why he does the stuff he does.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 11/10/19.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Asking any question in the rifle forum is likely to turn to trash as soon as Otis sobers up....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the old threads. It’s fun to read through, see the old names etc....

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I honestly don’t think he’s a troll, at least not in he traditional sense. I think a troll is a run of the mill jerk that had fun riling up other people via the www. Stick is another animal, he’s got real problems and lacks coherent thought patterns. Engaging with him in an argument is like kicking a man not only when he’s down but unable to get up. I understand the STRONG desire to hit back when someone attacks you but in this case it’s less than useless, it’s entirely something else.

My 2 cents on the subject. And reading his old posts is really just sad, the man has descended into something that’s not pleasant to think about.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting... never thought of Stick as victim........ if he is down and out he sure doesn't show it

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just ignored them for the most part. It’s not hard to not read what you don’t want to read. Doesn’t bother me, although it took me awhile to figure out what was going on.

I do get something out of BS’s current posts when he offers something of value. The rest usually I laugh at and just go on.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1lessdog, 1234, 43 invisible), 2,346 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,107
Posts18,502,189
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.