Hop To
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
#14269141 11/10/19
Brad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
How's it going man?

I'm not a forum cop, and don't want to be one.

However since I've probably been here longer than almost anyone except Rick Bin and 28 others, I figure I've earned the right to speak up... at least through attrition.

I'd like to politely remind you the forum isn't your personal playground. A lot of others, myself included, hang out here and really don't want to have to wade through whatever it is you're doing.

Thanks.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I don’t get the obsession. EspecIally from someone they have never met.

Camp is where you make it.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Thanks Brad....

Seems some people have nothing better to do. Some plight...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Big plus one for Brad....

Some people really need to get out more....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
+1 (As I don't portend to speak for others.)

Simply use ignore and move on.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah... I usually like 16 bore's posts. Still do for the most part. Can't imagine a grown man needing to spend as much time as he has acting like a 3rd grader. No better (and a strong argument for being worse) than the person he is trying to shame...

Todd

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Aww....now come on, I was just piddling around. Stumbled on an oldie and one thing lead to another.

It’s kinda funny that I’m the one that gets a public service announcement call out....especially because any of our black members here have to tolerate all the racist crap.

But I’ll keep my [bleep] on the couch and practice pouring piss outta my boots and all that jazz...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Justahunter
Yeah... I usually like 16 bore's posts. Still do for the most part. Can't imagine a grown man needing to spend as much time as he has acting like a 3rd grader. No better (and a strong argument for being worse) than the person he is trying to shame...

Todd

I am genuinely curious, how is 16 bore re-posting old Stick post worse than the abuse Stick dishes out? I didn't hear 16 call him any names.....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 16bore
Aww....now come on, I was just piddling around. Stumbled on an oldie and one thing lead to another.

It’s kinda funny that I’m the one that gets a public service announcement call out....especially because any of our black members here have to tolerate all the racist crap.

But I’ll keep my [bleep] on the couch and practice pouring piss outta my boots and all that jazz...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Brad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Thank you for your attention to this matter... smile

As to racists, those guys are all up in the Hunters Campfire... I mostly stay away from that wing of the assyylum, one reason the rifle forum is a little corner of the institution that doesn’t need more drama than necessary.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by irfubar

Todd

I am genuinely curious, how is 16 bore re-posting old Stick post worse than the abuse Stick dishes out? I didn't hear 16 call him any names.....

No one said it was better, worse, same....it's just cluttering up the first page of four different forums and then poor unsuspecting hanco starts replying to them. He's confused as hell at this point why there's guys usingShepherd scopes and wearing treebark camo talking about how great the new fangled .260 is.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Todd

No one said it was better, worse, same....it's just cluttering up the first page of four different forums and then poor unsuspecting hanco starts replying to them. He's confused as hell at this point why there's guys usingShepherd scopes and wearing treebark camo talking about how great the new fangled .260 is.

LMAO.... oh man...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Brad

Thank you for your attention to this matter... smile

As to racists, those guys are all up in the Hunters Campfire... I mostly stay away from that wing of the assyylum, one reason the rifle forum is a little corner of the institution that doesn’t need more drama than necessary.

I still envy your 22” 270 Montucky.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Todd

Todd,

You have several others here that agree with you and share you sentiments... so I would like to extend this question to all of you. Todd is drawing a moral equivalence between 16 Bore posting old Stick threads and Stick behavior here today.

I must admit that dumbfounds me....

This has been going on for awhile now and this may be a good time to figure this out once and for all..... Fred, Jud and I spare with Stick on a regular basis and get roundly criticized for it... the same people who call us out never call Stick out for his behavior... why is that?

I know many people are fed up with Stick and his behavior.... a few post opinions ... as they should.

Maybe a year ago I put Stick on ignore and didn't respond directly to any of his post.. I did respond to people responding to his post and read a few of Sticks post due to the quote function, ignore does not hide those.
I did this as an experiment, the critics still gave me hell..... yet again Stick gets a pass.... this seems incredibly odd to me.

I have always spoke my mind, good or bad and it has caused me both grief & joy in my life... I have always stood up to bullies and mean arrogant people.... I think they need to be stood up to.
I understand that's not everybody's cup of tea.

How come I am told to ignore Stick? yet when people disagree with my post they are not told to ignore me?

I know Boomer thinks I am emotionally involved and probably believes I am lashing out because Stick was mean to me? I have said many times I joust with Stick for my entertainment and it is fun to expose hypocrisy....

I have never met Stick and most likely never will..... Stick has no clue who I am and what I am.... his criticism's of me seem like canned responses... WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD i TAKE THAT PERSONAL? his criticism is pretty much 180 deg off, I suspect that is because he doesn't care to read my post and that is fine.... at this point I hope he never does.

When I first found the campfire I read for about a year with very little posting by me. I almost dismissed this place initially because of Stick and his followers.... as an outsider looking in I could not believe what I was seeing.. the juvenile behavior of Stick and his followers..... the groupies and group think was something to behold.....

With the advantage today of hind sight I see many people felt the same way I do... and today Stick is pretty much loathed by the majority....

I am also curious how many have left because of Stick? or maybe never joined? hmmm food for thought.

As far as Fred , Jud and me being a little crude at times, this is because Stick sets the tone, the rules of the game so to speak.... very rarely does that tone carry over to threads that Stick isn't involved in.
Stick is the common denominator in these train wreck threads....

I understand two wrongs don't make a right... I also understand we are free to speak our minds.

Jud & Fred will be the first to congratulate someones trophy or compliment a nice build etc...

Has anyone ever seen Stick do that? EVER? hmmm , thus another question about moral equivalence..... where is it?

Boomer will be along to criticize this post and think I am all emotionally involved , and again he will be wrong..... another double standard.. Boomer can post about his wife his job etc.... go on and on regarding personal and emotional stuff..... posting like a chick and nobody says a word... and that's probably the best response honestly.

Anyone care to answer these questions I am all ears..... this genuinely confounds me.

I have little doubt that at some point in the future I will have angered enough here that posting and participating will no longer be fun and I will simply join the others who have left.....
And Stick will still be around working on his 100k post......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And I promise I won’t pick on Baby Huey anymore. It was pretty funny to see the bright eyed and bushy tailed threads like someone that just walked into Cabelas or got off the crapper with the latest Guns & Ammo mag. Those kinda questions don’t stand a chance anymore.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Yeah... I usually like 16 bore's posts. Still do for the most part. Can't imagine a grown man needing to spend as much time as he has acting like a 3rd grader. No better (AND A STRONG ARGUMENT FOR BEING WORSE) than the person he is trying to shame...

Todd

Jack, notice the capitalization in the quote

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And I promise I won’t pick on Baby Huey anymore. It was pretty funny to see the bright eyed and bushy tailed threads like someone that just walked into Cabelas or got off the crapper with the latest Guns & Ammo mag. Those kinda questions don’t stand a chance anymore.

Maybe we share a twisted sense of humor? how awful....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where is Fireballz and Tom 264 when ya need them?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fubar, it’s good practice if you ever have to deal with narcissists in real life. Nothing chaps their tender little heinies more than indirect contact and being ignored. Just wait, he’ll come out swinging. Easier to pattern than a whitetail....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gosh guys, I was just having fun.....there’s nothing to talk about anymore and all the good rifles have already been built.

#sadface

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (2500HD, 1minute, 007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,559
Posts18,473,130
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.