Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Cemc came and asked me if I would take it. I told em heck yeah

Then they said well it may be 5-7 years before get out this way. Must have some rural [bleep] that are more 'under-served' than us.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by joken2

Originally Posted by JamesJr
I've had HughesNet for the past 18 months and hate it. Been looking for an alternative. Fiber Optic is all around me, even to places more back in the boonies that I am, but I don't have it. Found out that AT&T has a fixed wireless internet that has became available to me, or at least they say it is. 215 GB's a month for $40, 10 times my current allowance at half the price. I have them scheduled to come this Thursday to check and see if the signal is strong enough. I'll have to buy out my remaining months with Hughes, but what I'll save will more than make up for that.

Is that $40 a month AT&Ts discounted 'new customer' promotional price deal and will increase to their standard price after a given time period?

The reason I ask is it's not at all like AT&T to permanently lock-in service prices that low. Typically it just last for the first year of service and to new customers only.

That price was bundled with my cell phones. I've not signed the contract yet, and will find out about the price after the first year. Actually, AT&T has several different wireless internet plan. Another one was $50 a month for 50GB, different kind of hookup.

I'm just searching for something that will get rid of Hughes. Their TV ads are so misleading. I had DishNet, which was ok, but they are wanting to get rid of their internet business, and switched me over to Hughes.........supposedly an upgrade, with faster speeds and more data, which wasn't just a lie, but a damn lie.

https://www.attsavings.com/internet/att-fiber

$40 Internet Offer: Ends 12/31/19. Price for Internet 300 for new residential customers in AT&T Fiber markets when bundled with another qualifying AT&T service (TV/AT&T Phone/Wireless). Promotional pricing for first 12 months only. After 12 mos., the rate increases to $60/mo unless canceled by customer prior to end of 12 mos. Prorated ETF ($180) applies if Internet is disconnected before end of 12 mos. Must maintain bundled qualifying services with matching service address to receive advertised pricing. Additional Fees & Taxes: Excludes cost-recovery charges, where applicable, and a $10/mo equipment fee. Credit restrictions apply. Pricing subj to change. Select MDU residents, AT&T Employees/Retirees not eligible. Subj. to Internet Terms of Service at att.com/internet-terms.

Also, watch your monthly bill closely, item for item, as AT&T is known for make occasional, "Oopsies", adding in things like, service calls when a problem is actually on their end -- not yours, automatically start billing for any limited, "free trial", extras that initially came with your package but you do not want to keep, 'insurance' for line maintenance, etc., etc.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The thing to do was to be a poor white trashy type Geno.

Obama personally paid for fiber optic right to my door.

Free!

Valsdad Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Interesting deal this morning. Woke up, wife says internet not working, asking for login and password. And it wasn't the one for the router. So I gave it try and sure as scheidt not the router login/PW. Looked like a login page to "my account" on their web login. Well, I don't have an account and thought if they emailed me yesterday (internet worked fine Thurs night and all night yesterday) I wouldn't know it as I didn't check email last night.

Called the phone number I have for them, recorded message. Hrs are 9-5 M-F. after hours and weekends contact them through their Farcebook page. Well dang, guess what, even if I had Farcebook, I couldn't use it as I have no F'n internet!

contacted sister, she was on way to tennis tourney with her daughter, contacted brother #2, nope, he was at work. Contacted bro #1, he got in touch with them. Finally got automated msg back saying to reset router and unplug their little white box from the back of it. First try, no good. He relayed, they said try again, so this time I left it unpowered for a good 2 minutes. Finally got it working again.

Just hope I don't have to go through this every couple of days. Will call them Mon to find out what the deal is.

I sure love the download speed when it works, compared to Hughes, and we won't be limited to 16 hours or so of streaming. Fast enough now I don't have to wait for videos to buffer.

I sure love technology when it works and absolutely HATE it when it doesn't.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Finally able to get a local line of sight WISP (wireless internet service provider) and get rid of HughesNet. When we first moved here they weren't taking new customers, not enough bandwidth and they didn't want to lower the quality of service to their existing customers. Saw the neighbor dismantling his Hughes dish the other day and found out we had local service out here. What a fuggin relief.

I hate big companies like Hughes, Dish, Direct, Comcast etc. Every survey done shows customer satisfaction lower than low.

We are getting a way better deal too. Service is so good I can now listen to the youtube videos folks put up, or a new video, and not have to play a game of solitaire while waiting for the video to load. And there's no limit on how many hours we can stream like there was with Hughes.

Best of all, less than 1/2 the cost for twice the service.....................and my money is staying and helping local folks.

Geno

So I been posting up all my jacked up vids and you aint been able ta enjoy em in a timely manner???
Wtf......

Well here is one and I think she has a really great voice!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 11/09/19.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Rennie,

I've watched some of your "jacked up vids"...........just had to wait for them to buffer.

Seen that shocker song before. Woulda been my kinda gal in the olden days......................then I met my wife who's nice and don't talk like that.

Didn't take but a second to open up this time!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You guys are confusing gb (gigabyte) with Mb(megabyte).

The fastest service available from ATT is 1000 Mb or 1 gigabyte. That service is fiber optic only.

Nobody gets 215 gigs, 215 megs is .215 gigs

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by steve4102

The fastest service available from ATT is 1000 Mb or 1 gigabyte. That service is fiber optic only.

And you're confusing megabits with megabytes. ALL WAN throughput is measured in terms of bits/sec, not bytes/sec. So, the fastest available from ATT is going to be gigabit fiber. Or about 100 megabytes/sec

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You all living rural and whining about not having the nonstop eyecandy of the big city cesspits? The Man is gouging you because you ain't where all the wires are? Read a book.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I live so far away from any town that all i can get is hughes net. I have their newest version, and the highest speed they offer. Still leaves something to be desired.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tag

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You're it?

Geno

In it is contentment

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

And you're confusing megabits with megabytes. ALL WAN throughput is measured in terms of bits/sec, not bytes/sec. So, the fastest available from ATT is going to be gigabit fiber. Or about 100 megabytes/sec

= 1000 megabits

Nobody has 200+ gigs.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

= 1000 megabits

Nobody has 200+ gigs.

Well, I seriously doubt anyone at home does. But it's out there. Look at the specs for OC-3840/STM-1280. But maybe some billionaire's just got to have that 200Gbps connectivity.

What I was trying to point out to you, is that you fell into the same sort of trap that Valsdad etc.. did. In that you said that the fastest service from ATT is 1 gigabyte/sec, when it's actually gigabit/sec.

It's utterly pedantic of me, sure. But an analogue would be calling the ammunition used in the M16/M4 ".556 caliber". It's just not right.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Hughsnet Gen 5 chick on TV gives me the strangest boner, but that’s the extent of my experience with Hughsnet...
I hope I have not offended anyone with that bold confession.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
The Hughsnet Gen 5 chick on TV gives me the strangest boner, but that’s the extent of my experience with Hughsnet...

Are you kiddin'?

This is the 'Fire -- you will simply get requests to post pictures of said babe! laugh

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The thing to do was to be a poor white trashy type Geno.

Obama personally paid for fiber optic right to my door.

Free!

I know that you know Obama didn't pay for sheeit. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This her?

[Linked Image from i3.wp.com]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by aalf

This her?

[Linked Image from i3.wp.com]

Hell, might even get Jorge to switch.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wrong one, that was AT&T gal...maybe this one?

[Linked Image from 1.bp.blogspot.com]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1lessdog, 1minute, 2500HD, 160user, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 62 invisible), 2,405 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,184
Posts18,503,329
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.