Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by gregintenn
...and here it is....the first time the campfire is in unanimous agreement on anything.

Means there is a bunch or real men on here, real men don't disparage a woman that way let alone a woman on her death bed.

That really pulls at my heartstrings for my late wife who died from cancer.

She was perfect for me. Enjoyed hunting. We would work cattle together. Hate liberals together. Seldom even had a cross word with each other. We enjoyed each other.

She wasn't a true beauty contest winner... But she was to me. Everything about her was beautiful and sexy to me.

I'd love to have another week with her driving around the ranch hunting coyotes. Or a day, or even an hour.

If anyone on this earth grieves her passing it is me.

Although I probably didn't deserve her in my life, I had her in it. And she made me a better man.

I'll love her until the day I die.

She was a good woman for sure...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by gregintenn
...and here it is....the first time the campfire is in unanimous agreement on anything.

Means there is a bunch or real men on here, real men don't disparage a woman that way let alone a woman on her death bed.

That really pulls at my heartstrings for my late wife who died from cancer.

She was perfect for me. Enjoyed hunting. We would work cattle together. Hate liberals together. Seldom even had a cross word with each other. We enjoyed each other.

She wasn't a true beauty contest winner... But she was to me. Everything about her was beautiful and sexy to me.

I'd love to have another week with her driving around the ranch hunting coyotes. Or a day, or even an hour.

If anyone on this earth grieves her passing it is me.

Although I probably didn't deserve her in my life, I had her in it. And she made me a better man.

I'll love her until the day I die.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If he said that to his wife, he's no man.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
rockinbbar That is so spot on and way better than I could have said it. I sat with my wife of 31 1/2 years for the last 6 days and I put more than one person out of the room. Only 2 nurses but several family members of hers,cause I dont do stupid. Cancer Sucks. I would give my life right now for another day with her.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
My wife is not the picture I had in my head of who I wanted. Not the picture, as in she doesn’t LOOK like what I would have chosen. She is better. We are like peanut butter and jelly, and everything about her is perfect.

I consider myself so damn lucky to be satisfied and enamored with what I have, rather than being of such soulless construction that she is simply a port of call until some dream boat comes in. What a completely irredeemable fool the subject of this thread appears to be. May he wander decades alone and die penniless and forgotten.

IC B2

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
A man tells his wife she is beautiful inside, and on the outside what is wrong with her "is that she is dying", because she is ill and can die from her illness.

Reasonable statement ? Or just a little off center ? Totally whacked [bleep] ?

What the hell does that mean ?

Yes, it is an actual statement.

Thanks,

Lynn

Lynn,

Context really matters in a case like this. You didn't provide enough for me to make a judgement.

I checked and asked for the full statement and why he told her that.

Apparently they were talking about meeting and why he chose her long ago. He replied that she was not the perfect woman in the world that he had always wanted, but she was for perfect "him", even if she was not the right body type, not the right breast size, not the right hair colour, not tall enough, and not perfect in all the ways he had been looking for a long time. He told her that he decided on her because the perfect woman had not come along and he needed someone to love him and look after him while he was looking and flirting with others in hopes of maybe finding that perfect woman, and then he would move on to the perfect one.

She asked why pick her then, and he said because she was and is beautiful inside, but "her outside is not beautiful because she was/is dying from her illness".

That is it.

Lynn

Put the first statement with this statement and I'm pretty sure he's not anyone I know. Best wishes to the lady who received that stuff.

Retired cat herder.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
A man should just tell his wife she is beautiful.

And mean it!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My observance is that the marriage vows were but a tether, spouted by a man devoid of honor.

Cheerfully grant his freedom to find perfection.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it was a cruel thing to say to her, maybe that was his intention,,,JMO, to each his own

Cruel he is, and a decent man he is not.

Lynn

He’s a sad excuse for a man....Poison his azz and let the buzzards have him. 🖕🏾😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

He's just a rotten asswhole. If that was a wife, mother, sister, friend of mine he'd have his ass kicked for saying that.

^^^This^^^

He needs his ass stomped 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by 700LH
beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it was a cruel thing to say to her, maybe that was his intention,,,JMO, to each his own

Cruel he is, and a decent man he is not.

Lynn

He’s a sad excuse for a man....Poison his azz and let the buzzards have him. 🖕🏾😎

Employ other means, poison might harm the buzzards.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I think that the guys here have covered it pretty well. I think the guy is most likely an insecure, ass wipe that’s lucky to have anyone care for him and his selfish, hurtful ass. I’ve known a lot of shallow guys that only care about the superficial aspects of a woman......those guys are currently alone, older and with a history that speaks to their value as a partner.

I’m blessed, I know it and I thank God everyday for my it. I’m married to my first (and only) wife, she is perfection in my eyes and the quintessential idea of beauty, strength and intelligence. Together as one, we’ve raised children that are compassionate, sweet, respectful young adults who are also straight A students and we’ve always been on the same page regarding our expectations for them. When she was younger she’d set a goal for what she wanted to do professionally and had her “dream job” as her goal. When the opportunity came for her to get her foot in the door at the company we sold our house and moved 200 miles away. It’s been almost 20 years now that she’s been working her dream job and 22 years married. Her and I are a great team, we’ll sacrifice together, we’ll succeed and fail together, we support each other and struggle together, we laugh together and cry together. We’ve been dealing with a lot of issues with her dad and his losing battle with Alzheimer’s and as such we were spending a lot of time with her parents while getting her dad moved into a home. It was heartbreaking to me to know what she was going through and not being able to take the pain away but through all that she thanked me for being so “sweet” and helpful.....that made me feel good to know that I was able to do something, anything to however slightly ease her burden. It’s during the hard times and the sad times that we come to know our partner and our relationship better.

I think my wife is more beautiful today than 23 years ago and I love her more today than back then and I didn’t think that was possible. I think we’ve set a good example for our children so that they may know what it looks like when a husband and wife respect each other and value each other, what true love looks like and what being a best friend entails. I want my daughter to demand for herself the kind of love like I have for her mother and I expect my son to treat women like I treat his mom.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2
The guy is an A #1 jerk, womanizer, dickhead.

Is this a thread about Schtick?

If so, don't you guys think you're being a little rough on Stumpy?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Here the proper tone for discussing the imperfections of one's wife:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
A man tells his wife she is beautiful inside, and on the outside what is wrong with her "is that she is dying", because she is ill and can die from her illness.

Reasonable statement ? Or just a little off center ? Totally whacked [bleep] ?

What the hell does that mean ?

Yes, it is an actual statement.

Thanks,

Lynn

Translation of man speak.

An arsehole that doesn't see wife as a separate individual...more a possession.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow. You can't talk yourself out of that one!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of a man saying to a woman. He sure must think a lot of himself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A long time ago, in a much less savvy time....

A girlfriend ask me about my fantasy woman.
Right after...
she caught me with inadequate blood flow to my brain.

I proceeded to describe someone with different hair/eye color, body type,
and different height. I was being honest, OMG!
My point was that
I loved HER. Not a childish image of what a woman should be.

It didn't go well! smirk

But, I think she did eventually understood, through the hurt feelings.
There have been a lot of those, as we are both straight up honest.
God willing, the poor girl will have been hooked to me for 25 years
next September. And that conversation has come up.

Screw that image I had.
She isn't perfect,
But she is way better than any I've seen,
and more than I deserve.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Dying or no, he can hit the F'n street and I'd hope the door knocked the [bleep] outta him on the way out.

FJB & FJT
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (35, 300_savage, 10gaugemag, 338Rules, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 15 invisible), 1,556 guests, and 946 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,082
Posts18,501,648
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.