Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ive got a buddy that says Swarovski is the best, but hes a set and forget kind of guy. He talks an awful lot about wanting to shoot long range with his 300 wsm extreme weather/swaro combo. My only experience with Swarovski was a bad 3-9×36 Habricht. It did the opposite of tracking well, but held zero very well. I dont like the goofy color coded turret on my buddies scope. Im wanting to keep a rifle scope package light and handy. But if i have to throw a trusty Nightforce on my new t3, it wont hurt my feelings. What have been your experiences with swaro?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Great piece of glass grin

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Nothing but good for the most part. Great customer service and you can’t beat the glass quality. Maybe Leica s on par, but I’ve always been a Swaro fanboy.

Last edited by Dryfly24; 11/13/19.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I messed with a Z3 BT that did not track correctly and wouldn’t return to zero. My Z5 is good so far.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Reloader7RM
I messed with a Z3 BT that did not track correctly and wouldn’t return to zero. My Z5 is good so far.

I think Swaro sent every defective Z3 they could dig up and made it so I ended up with it . I have returned 3 so far and they come back in a week with a handwritten note from Swaro. I think I will try the Z5 next.

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

I think Swaro sent every defective Z3 they could dig up and made it so I ended up with it . I have returned 3 so far and they come back in a week with a handwritten note from Swaro. I think I will try the Z5 next.

Thats what im worried about. Having had a bad habricht, myself.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have about a half dozen Z5's and Z6's with Baliistic Turrets. They've all worked well and are excellent scopes.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My z5 tracked okay for awhile then started messing up. The note said they replaced the errector. When it happened the second time and it came back with the same note I put it on the 'net for sale with the reason why.

They might be great for set and forget.

I am not impressed with the glass.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
My Z5 with the custom cam on it tracks great.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Ringman
My z5 tracked okay for awhile then started messing up. The note said they replaced the errector. When it happened the second time and it came back with the same note I put it on the 'net for sale with the reason why.

Ringman, you have had experience with the Bushnell elite 6500. How does the 4.5-30x50 track?

BSA MAGA
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I had a Z6 who would work well when dialing for a further distance, but that would only track back after acouple of shots.

Currently I have 3 Z8s and so far so good. On of them, the new 3.5-28x50, wil move impact by 0,8 cms per click -instead of 1,0- for the first 10-12 clicks.

¨

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by chamois
I had a Z6 who would work well when dialing for a further distance, but that would only track back after acouple of shots.

Currently I have 3 Z8s and so far so good. On of them, the new 3.5-28x50, wil move impact by 0,8 cms per click -instead of 1,0- for the first 10-12 clicks.

¨

Dang, you would think you would get better tracking out of the Z6. Thanks for sharing your experience.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I replaced a perfectly good 4.5-14 Leupold LR with a 3.5-18 Z5 on a accurate 270WBY. Went from a consistent 3/4” shooter to a consistent 1-1.25” shooter. Swarovski said it was fine....Put another scope on it and right back to 3/4”.....
Glass is spectacular but I am not going back....

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Daveh
I replaced a perfectly good 4.5-14 Leupold LR with a 3.5-18 Z5 on a accurate 270WBY. Went from a consistent 3/4” shooter to a consistent 1-1.25” shooter. Swarovski said it was fine....Put another scope on it and right back to 3/4”.....
Glass is spectacular but I am not going back....

That's what scares me as well. I hate to put 1200+ in a scope and have it do that crap.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
There are apparently a LOT of scopes that seem fine but they actually wander slightly, accounting for less that ideal groups. The only scopes that have zero wander are the frozen scopes. Some of the better tactical scope apparently have very little wander. Best way to tell is to mount two scopes on your rifle at the same time and compare them after each shot- not practical in the field but will tell you if your scope is all it is supposed to be.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
There are apparently a LOT of scopes that seem fine but they actually wander slightly, accounting for less that ideal groups. The only scopes that have zero wander are the frozen scopes. Some of the better tactical scope apparently have very little wander. Best way to tell is to mount two scopes on your rifle at the same time and compare them after each shot- not practical in the field but will tell you if your scope is all it is supposed to be.

That, or just buy a Nightforce... grin

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I love Swaro binoculars but not their scopes. They aren't worth any price in my experience.

'If you say the parent you were most afraid when you were a kid was your dad, you grew up in the city.'
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Ringman

Z3 and Z5 glass is really good, IMO. Have both and with turrets.

Here's a Z3, yardage Sharpie marked on aluminum discs. Acetone removes the ink. That's cheaper than an Outdoorsman.

Z5 with one of those.

They track well.

DF

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I think I would get a SS 3x9, or a Nightforce....... then you don't have to worry.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

You and me both. Mine went tits up during a muley hunt, and three of my buddies 1" Swaros did the same thing. Love their binos, not their scopes.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 56 invisible), 2,602 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,584
Posts18,473,375
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.