Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
What's your take on this whole thing?

Despite our (growing) problems, there is simply nowhere else that is better. The things we are losing they've already lost or given up. Someone with different interests, different values, different priorities might like it better somewhere else. More power to 'em, but I'm not going anywhere.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
I have lived outside of the USA (enough) to realize I would rather be no where else. Although, my next move will be outside the CONUS.

I've traveled a lot outside the US, I would tend to agree. I cant imagine retiring to a third world country with third world healthcare. Visit, sure, Live, no thanks.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I am quite happy here.

Looking more and more like we are heading your way....

Might as well....everyone else it.

Sorry, Virginia is getting to crazy......

I expect you'd fit in fine.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
I have lived outside of the USA (enough) to realize I would rather be no where else. Although, my next move will be outside the CONUS.

I've traveled a lot outside the US, I would tend to agree. I cant imagine retiring to a third world country with third world healthcare. Visit, sure, Live, no thanks.

Damn right!

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Want to go to a foreign country, go to seattle.

Having grown up in the Seattle area and leaving in '83, you could not have said that better. It's worlds apart from what it was 30 to 40 years ago....

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Rural Montenegro might be a good place to live.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Or Louisiana laugh

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

Or Louisiana laugh

Reminds me more of Big Sur,...except without the people.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
My family has farmed rice for several generations. In the mid 70s we considered moving to Australia as land was dirt cheap. Problem was marketing the crop and transportation to port or processing facilities. We even went there to look at land, machinery dealerships, their methods for irrigation, etc. In the end the risk was too high.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I would go to S Korea if I knew a certine lady was still alive.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been fortunate to travel some and have worked for short periods of time in several countries. A week or two stay in some countries isn't a long enough stay to tell much about the place. But, on the other hand, some places I've worked, it only took a day, two at the most, to know that I wanted out of there just as quick as the job was over.

I knew a man (he's passed on) that said if Carter got elected he was leaving the US. Unlike half of Hollywood that said they'd leave if Trump was elected and didn't, he left. Spent 10-15 years abroad. Most of the time in Australia, but he spent some time in 5 or 6 different countries. When I met up with him again, in the mid 90's, I asked why he was back in the US. He stated that the US, with all its faults, was still the best country on earth.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Never has it crossed my mind, I will die on American dirt.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yes!

I want the COMMUNIST to move out of the USA!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No. I’m an American. I belong in America. She’s mine, and I’m her’s.
I’ll stay here and defend her and the ideals that she stands for.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Yes!

I want the COMMUNIST to move out of the USA!!

That would be my first choice for sure!!!

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Talking to a lady friend of mine recently and her sister lives in Panama. Her sister invited her and her husband to move down there and live with her. She claims it's very cheap to live down there, but there's got to be some down side possible to take into consideration.

I also have some friends who moved to Ecuador and really like living there. Years ago I had friends who moved were snow birds in Mexico. Haven't kept up with them, but I really can't see an upside to that anymore. I just know that there are x-pats in Viet Nam, Thailand, Phillipines, and various other countries due to cheaper living.

Have any of you considered that? I haven't considered it seriously but I have to admit it's crossed my mind. Problem is many of those countries don't allow you to carry a handgun on your person. My answer, is if my gun, is not wanted, then neither am I. What's your take on this whole thing?

The gun issue is just one example of a bunch of stuff many wouldn't like about most places. Freedom is habit-forming, and in no place will you have all the freedoms you enjoy here, assuming you don't live in one of the Liberal schittholes.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
We almost moved to Zimbabwe in the early 90's. If we would of most likely we would of lost our lifes savings and maybe our lives. I understand the appeal of living abroad. But the risks are any time the government changes hands the entire country is in upheaval. Things to consider are inflation and property ownership. Many countries have extremely high VAT. I think Costa Rica is 100% so Panama shouldn't be to far away. Another issue is medical care. Not all insurances cover you if you reside in another country.
We have no plans to move out now but if we did we would leave as many assets in the USA as we could and have a way of transferring money to a local bank.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm perfectly content to live out my days in rural Kentucky. But if I was a young American man of European ancestry knowing what I know,...I'd be spending time looking into where I'm going to go when people of European ancestry lose majority status in America.

It's one thing to be hated when you're the majority. It's going to be something totally different when your type makes up 40% of the country,....and that's going to happen very damn soon.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I do not want to visit another country much less live there . I worked in Ohio 1 week \ S C 1 month \ N Y city 7 months . lived in Fla my hole life . i am just not the traveling kind

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm perfectly content to live out my days in rural Kentucky. But if I was a young American man of European ancestry knowing what I know,...I'd be spending time looking into where I'm going to go when people of European ancestry lose majority status in America.

It's one thing to be hated when you're the majority. It's going to be something totally different when your type makes up 40% of the country,....and that's going to happen very damn soon.

I am at a loss to give sage wisdom to the young pups.
When we tilt majority brown it will be Lord of the Flies

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

666 members (160user, 16gage, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 10ring1, 16penny, 64 invisible), 3,027 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,620
Posts18,492,682
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.